• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, with the pokemon amiibo for SSB. I wonder if they'll have some kind of in-game effect in the Gen VIII games. Like how Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo had the amiibo villagers.

Maybe the trainer unlocks clothes and the squirtle and ivysaur ones unlock items or pokemon. Maybe the direct wasn't as desolate as people think it was.

Now, I personally think we will only get an announcement at early-May. But for those who believe in a Pokémon Day announcement, hold on, we are just two weeks away from it.

We should also have other types of news soon anyway, about new Pokémon or new Pokémon forms. The game will still release this year, so we're close anyway.

Super Mario Maker 2 is the best 2019 Switch title.
period.

Well in fairness you may be right as it's up against almost nothing else as of now :LOL:

Now, I personally think we will only get an announcement at early-May. But for those who believe in a Pokémon Day announcement, hold on, we are just two weeks away from it.

We should also have other types of news soon anyway, about new Pokémon or new Pokémon forms. The game will still release this year, so we're close anyway.

A May announcement would be worrying as they'd basically be admitting to not having much new to reveal as that's a remake/3rd version time frame not a brand new gen time frame, but it would be a new gen.

A May announcement would be worrying as they'd basically be admitting to not having much new to reveal as that's a remake/3rd version time frame not a brand new gen time frame, but it would be a new gen.
I think they are waiting the live action week, that's why I say that I believe the announcement can happen in May. And as I've already told you, short pre-release periods doesn't necessarily mean that the game has little content (BW was announced at April in Japan).

About Pokémon...now I believe we will not have anything (not even a teaser) until May. We had absolutely nothing, not even a statement about it. To me that means they don't want to talk about this game for now.

While this wouldn't exactly surprise me, I don't think there was ever a chance of today's Direct saying something about Pokémon. I know some people wanted a "tease" or whatever but that's not Pokémon's style. They've pretty consistently moved at their own pace, separate from Nintendo, for years now.

While this wouldn't exactly surprise me, I don't think there was ever a chance of today's Direct saying something about Pokémon. I know some people wanted a "tease" or whatever but that's not Pokémon's style. They've pretty consistently moved at their own pace, separate from Nintendo, for years now.
Yeah. Pokemon not being in this direct really means nothing substantial like them not wanting to talk about it now. It just means that a direct that wasn't going to have pokemon news didn't have pokemon news.

You know what the best thing was about not having Pokemon. It shows that the tweets don't mean anything and basically is shitting on all the poketubers who see a hint in everything.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion.
Which Poketuber has said Pokemon would be revealed today?

Did you think there was no chance and still would not be surprised? :enzap:

But yeah, I see. I really don't think so. I've always considered it a possibility to have something today. And I think having nothing in this first Direct of the year means that we will not have the announcement until May. But it's just my opinion.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion.
Which Poketuber has said Pokemon would be revealed today?

I am not specifically talking about the Direct from today, rather that the tweets don't say anything towards hints for the game.

Remember: Some people were convinced we would get something for Valentine's day because of Masuda's tweets.

But yeah, I see. I really don't think so. I've always considered it a possibility to have something today. And I think having nothing in this first Direct of the year means that we will not have the announcement until May.
Why would having nothing in this Direct mean no announcement until May? Pokemon doesn't get announced in general Nintendo Directs anyway.

But yeah, I see. I really don't think so. I've always considered it a possibility to have something today. And I think having nothing in this first Direct of the year means that we will not have the announcement until May. But it's just my opinion.

I agree with both these points in a way.
Pokemon always has kept itself separate and done it's own thing, and to be honest I can't see why.
Why is Pokemon so different from all the other franchises?
Why do you have to wait for a separate Pokemon Direct all the time?

Pokemon always has kept itself separate and done it's own thing, and to be honest I can't see why.
because gamefreak gonna gamefreak

I think being the highest-grossing media franchise of all time gets them a bit of special treatment. XD Also the second best-selling video game franchise behind Mario- which Mario is owned by Nintendo, so of course it winds up in Nintendo Directs, but Pokemon is only partially owned by Nintendo so... probably a decision by the Pokemon Company to separate it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom