• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has access to industry insider Info and has a proven track record, He's the one I trust the most out of Serebii and him.
Serebii don'r have any insider info, but maybe paul tells joe stuff.

I think I’m done listening to speculation. Usually I lurk here for the latest, but knowing the reveals are long away has cooled off my interest.

I’m not going to discuss, predict or check on anything, until somethings been shown. I’m off.

Well... i do. If it doesn't come before E3 for example, then we are not getting a 2019 release.
Not necessarily. Just because they don't announce it before E3 doesn't necessarily mean that they're not actively working on it.. it could be that they're just planning a huge reveal & the general directions of the rumours seem to be that this game is going to be huge.

Then why not just reveal it? RIP the fucking bandaid off.
Because unfortunately they work on their own schedule, and not ours. :p They probably won't do it so close to a Nintendo Direct, so week of Pokemon day is probably earliest, but it probably won't be until anywhere from March-May.

What's the point of this negativity when we have interviews and an official nintendo report who list the games as late 2019?
Guys we are not in 2018 anymore. The games will be released this year, we just don't know when they'll be revealed, which is something different.

Serebii don'r have any insider info, but maybe paul tells joe stuff.

I imagine serebii would have access to insider contacts within the industry as showcased in the pre reveal of LGPE. Although that could be that he’s an active poster in the Resetera pokemon community forums.

Last edited:
Do we have any idea when the next Gamefreak YouTube video will be ? The battling thing turned out to be nothing as expected lol

I couldn’t see a date for the next like the other Gamefreak videos

I imagine serebii would have access to insider contacts within the industry as showcased in the pre reveal of LGPE.
All he said was that a new generation was unlikely for 2018 based on patterns. For that matter, Paul's insider information is limited to merchandise.

I think I’m done listening to speculation. Usually I lurk here for the latest, but knowing the reveals are long away has cooled off my interest.

I’m not going to discuss, predict or check on anything, until somethings been shown. I’m off.
What is your definition of long away? All signs seem to point at Pokémon Day and that's less than two weeks away now.

What is your definition of long away? All signs seem to point at Pokémon Day and that's less than two weeks away now.
Imo even if the games will be revealed at E3 (which would actually destroy us), what matters is that by the end of the year we will be playing these games. We have waited for almost two years already and I understand that it's about time to know something (anything really), but a couple of months cannot really change things: Pokemon 2019 is a fact, let's focus on that.

It's undeniably going to be released in 2019, no matter when it's going to be revealed. Game Freak won't change their plans anytime soon, they can't risk another year without some major new stuff.
What kind of "risk" are you talking about? You may think of LGPE what you want, but those games are an enormous success. The reason the new generation will launch in 2019 is because the games will be finished and comletely polished, not because GF are in monetary trouble or whatever.

What kind of "risk" are you talking about? You may think of LGPE what you want, but those games are an enormous success. The reason the new generation will launch in 2019 is because the games will be finished and comletely polished, not because GF are in monetary trouble or whatever.
Because they are in need of having something completely new at this point. And LGPE didn't perform that well in Japan, sure they reached the mark that other games reached to become successful, but the fact that it took longer than them to reach that number devalues this.

Because they are in need of having something completely new at this point. And LGPE didn't perform that well in Japan, sure they reached the mark that other games reached to become successful, but the fact that it took longer than them to reach that number devalues this.
Excuse me, I don't quite understand what you're saying. Within a month and a half LGPE had entered into the top 5 of best selling games on the Switch, already having outsold Splatoon 2. I'd also like to remind you that most Pokémon remakes don't reach 13 million lifetime sales, while LGPE has sold 10 million copies before the end of 2018. All of this on a console that is owned by a condsiderably smaller amount of people than the previous handheld consoles the main series games released on. I think your view might be a little too negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom