• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally Who
Reaction score
If you mean the tweet that said 5:29 on it, we were just discussing how that could have been coincidence- especially considering that news didn't actually drop on 5/29, it dropped on 5/30.
He probably tried taking a screenshot at 5:30 and it took a second to process. Happens to me too

Reaction score
He probably tried taking a screenshot at 5:30 and it took a second to process. Happens to me too
It took a second to process, so the time ended up being too early as a result? That doesn't make any sense. And the iPhone's clock can be altered manually, so it's not like he had to wait another twelve hours to get it right-he could have fixed it right then and there.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
I want sun and moon type of reveal just for the salt

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
It took a second to process, so the time ended up being too early as a result? That doesn't make any sense. And the iPhone's clock can be altered manually, so it's not like he had to wait another twelve hours to get it right-he could have fixed it right then and there.
Nah, it was the stupid incense and lucky egg timers that count down from 30 minutes to indicate how much time is left on them, so yeah it was possible to miss 5:30 on the timer. Still doesn't make sense to post the picture as a hint anyway, though, since it's obviously not the right numbers. He could have just set another incense or lucky egg once those were finished and waited for them to count down again to try to get the right numbers if he really was intent on using it for a hint.

More logically, he just took the picture because lookit the charmanders holding hands-
View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/997680607323815936

Similar to lookit the growlithes in love-
View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090852075167051778

Coincidental poses amuse Masuda, much like sitting at the front of a bus.

Reaction score
something I thought was pretty cool about that masuda go tweet that I've seen people point out is (the new weedle one) is that a lot of people are speculating that the 226 could be 2/26 announcement

but the 199 and 4.16 too are interesting because they're the dex numbers for Slowking and Vespiquen

I do still think it's probably a coincidence but given the King/Queen rumors that've been floating around lately, I thought it was interesting

Reaction score
something I thought was pretty cool about that masuda go tweet that I've seen people point out is (the new weedle one) is that a lot of people are speculating that the 226 could be 2/26 announcement

but the 199 and 4.16 too are interesting because they're the dex numbers for Slowking and Vespiquen

I do still think it's probably a coincidence but given the King/Queen rumors that've been floating around lately, I thought it was interesting
That's one heck of a coincidence.

Reaction score

This is a weird coincidence.

Reaction score

"The Pokemon 8th Generation will be celebrated in 2019 as Pokemon Day on the Skull Monster Day. E will show the official art game title in the game and the date of the release, which will be a celebration show - some gameplay, this information is turned off and only shared with authorized personnel. The title here is not shown, as this is a reason for the disclosure."

Sorry It's google trad :whistle:

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
But what if...
It isn't?
I'm not saying it's real, but that seems WAY to coincidental to be a coincidence
Is it... really way too coincidental? Because if it's not a coincidence, the alternative explanation would be that Masuda hacked a 199 CP Weedle weighing 4.16kg into his game for the sake of posting an obscure hint.

Not Dead
Reaction score
Well, those people aren't involved with a top franchise. I just find it weird that he would pander to them; the Pikachu and Eevee tweets were cute in their own right, but this is something else.

Reaction score
I don't think Masuda would actually be obsessed with hints although he has shown he likes to have fun on social media from time to time

the major issue imo at least, is that because there's now a precedent for him hinting towards new games before announcement, coupled with the fact that people have started getting antsy/desperate for news about the next games, there's an obsession with finding any sort of hints/clues that could be relevant to the next games

Status
Not open for further replies.