• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Good to see the 100+ pages that came up while I was off playing KH3 to the Platinum Trophy didn't announce anything new!

At the same time I'm so thirsty for news. The Direct gave me nothing but more thirst because there was nothing for Animal Crossing, but now I'm also thirsty to hear about Rune Factory 5...

Nintendo plz I am dying

Reaction score
Ah... then i missed that. Cannot have them all.

But its possible it doesn't mean anything right now, because its a different console at all. But when SUMO was revealed, XY reveal trailer was made private.
Oh, I see what do you mean now. The SM trailer has already been removed/made as private for a while now, I think (regarding official channels). I'm not sure about the others (LGPE and USUM).

Last edited:
Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Good to see the 100+ pages that came up while I was off playing KH3 to the Platinum Trophy didn't announce anything new!

At the same time I'm so thirsty for news. The Direct gave me nothing but more thirst because there was nothing for Animal Crossing, but now I'm also thirsty to hear about Rune Factory 5...

Nintendo plz I am dying
Pokemon is our only hope of hearing anything any time soon. Animal Crossing we'll very likely be waiting until E3. sigh

Reaction score
Will gen 8 have an orchastrated soundtrack? I hope it does
There should be at least some tracks recorded by/with an orchestra!

Sometimes i have been wondering if this generation will have an extra amount of science fiction (each game has already had quite a bit!) and so some compositions may include orchestra mixed with synthesizer!

Reaction score
The general Chinese community has been quiet since LGPE leaked which they knew of well in advance before PokeJungle shared that blurred Lapras picture.

I think it will be a long while before we get any real industry insider leaks for Pokemon again.

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the Chinese Riddler? Didn't he hint at pokemon sun&moon's titles and their box art legendaries before they were announced?
I seem to think he ended up getting in trouble with the law because of what he was doing. He is now laying low probably or possibly in prison.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I seem to think he ended up getting in trouble with the law because of what he was doing. He is now laying low probably or possibly in prison.
As I recall, he's not in prison- I think he just got scolded or opted not to leak anymore? People have posted speculation posts from him here since Sun and Moon, so he's still around, but he's not posting leaks anymore.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
I remember pokesirena saying he didn't care enough about let's go to leak stuff but he'll be back when gen 8 train starts.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
It's been an awful fast month and Pokemon Day is a little over a week away so we will be hearing something soon. Fun to see the thread so far in. 1500 pages here we come! Who gets a prize for final post on 1499 and first for 1500? Haha

Reaction score
The threads theme song
View: https://youtu.be/xk7qrL8aZjM

Edit: when you think about jt groudon is more of a sun pokemon than solgaleo
In terms of primal typing and Pokémon ability yes

In terms of actual origin and mythology, definitely not.

Honestly the best example of the sun is Volcarona in terms of Pokémon lore and real mythology.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
The sun and lion are in a lot of emblems irl though so I can see how the Sun pokemon is a lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.