• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we have to assume that Masuda hacked the weedle? He does seem to play GO a lot. Maybe 4.16 is common on a weedle? I don't know. Is he really this excited about catching a Weedle? Honest question, because I don't follow every single post he makes. Does he often share random GO captures where there isn't a joke or obvious reference involved? Like, if he shared a capture of a snorunt or a spoink, I would understand because it's the year of the Pig.

BTW; the queen in Vespiquen and Nidoqueen are spelt the same way in the Japanese names.
4.16kg is reasonable for an XL weedle, but the point is more that those numbers are entirely a coincidence and not an intentionally crafted hint, because they are just normally generated numbers. Masuda himself probably didn't even look at those numbers and think "Oh! This matches the pokedex number for Slowking and Vespiquen!" because we've got 809 Pokemon and I doubt that even he can remember the pokedex numbers for most of them by heart. Even if he were to look it up, why would he look at those numbers and think to himself "I wonder if these match two pokemon that I could use as an obscure hint?"

And honestly, Masuda gets easily excited over such little things. XD Like sitting at the front of a bus. Him just being happy to find a weedle isn't that farfetch'd.

Bee dollar is the crappy twitter translation for weedle- Masuda apparently posted it because it's the first weedle he's found in a long while.

Also gonna throw in that yes, the numbers are quite a coincidence but no, Masuda surely did not hack a weedle with those stats into his game or post an image of a photoshopped weedle.
What even is a bee dollar? Do bees use this as currency or something?

Also, if you get up early enough, it's really super easy to get a picture of the moon out during the day. That's kind of an "every morning" occurrence. XD Can probably find it in the afternoons too (I notice it most often in the morning) so that's a twice a day opportunity there.
Just to clarify this, the moon can often be seen in the mornings in it's waning phase (on it's way to a New Moon). When the moon is a New Moon, what that means is that the moon is up at it's meridian at the same time as the sun-- a solar eclipse happens only on New Moon nights because that is when it passes in front of the sun (and only when it passes the ecliptic--doesn't happen every month because of the tilt of the Moon's orbit relative to the ecliptic). When the moon is in it's waxing phase (on it's way to a Full Moon, like it is now), it can be often be found in the afternoons. When it is in it's Full Moon phase, it is not up at all during the day because it is completely opposite in the sky. So, in general, seeing the moon while the sun is still up is a very common occurrence, and whether it's in the afternoon or mornings depends on where it is in it's cycle.

In Summation:
New Moon= No Moon visible at any point unless there is a solar eclipse because the Sun's light over powers the Moon's during the day, and it sets before night arrives.
Waxing Moon (to a Full Moon)= Seen often in the Afternoons to earlier-in-the-night time, as it is rising later in the day and setting later on as well.
Full Moon= Seen only at night, since it rises as the Sun sets, and sets as the sun rises.
Waning Moon (to a New Moon)= Seen often later-at-night and throughout the Morning, as it rises earlier in the day, and sets earlier as well.
(Cycle goes: New-->Waxing Crescent-->First Quarter (right half lit up)-->Waxing Gibbous-->Full-->Waning Gibbous-->Third Quarter (left half lit up)-->Waning Crescent-->New)

...In case anyone wanted to know how that worked.
;u;

*Edited to add The First and Third Quarter Moons' places in the cycle, how could I forget you ;o;

Last edited:
Would anyone like our MC to have siblings in the next game? Kinda surprised no MC so far had a little/big brother/sister.
That could make a far better rival than the whole party of NPCs that Gen 6 gave us. XD

Just to clarify this, the moon can often be seen in the mornings in it's waning phase (on it's way to a New Moon). When the moon is a New Moon, what that means is that the moon is up at it's meridian at the same time as the sun-- a solar eclipse happens only on New Moon nights because that is when it passes in front of the sun (and only when it passes the ecliptic--doesn't happen every month because of the tilt of the Moon's orbit relative to the ecliptic). When the moon is in it's waxing phase (on it's way to a Full Moon, like it is now), it can be often be found in the afternoons. When it is in it's Full Moon phase, it is not up at all during the day because it is completely opposite in the sky. So, in general, seeing the moon while the sun is still up is a very common occurrence, and whether it's in the afternoon or mornings depends on where it is in it's cycle.

In Summation:
New Moon= No Moon visible at any point unless there is a solar eclipse because the Sun's light over powers the Moon's during the day, and it sets before night arrives.
Waxing Moon (to a Full Moon)= Seen often in the Afternoons to earlier-in-the-night time, as it is rising later in the day and setting later on as well.
Full Moon= Seen only at night, since it rises as the Sun sets, and sets as the sun rises.
Waning Moon (to a New Moon)= Seen often later-at-night and throughout the Morning, as it rises earlier in the day, and sets earlier as well.
(Cycle goes: New-->Waxing Crescent-->Waxing Gibbous-->Full-->Waning Gibbous-->Waning Crescent-->New)

...In case anyone wanted to know how that worked.
;u;
Thank you! That is actually pretty interesting information. XD <3

Would anyone like our MC to have siblings in the next game? Kinda surprised no MC so far had a little/big brother/sister.
I’d be quite fine with that. In general, I’d like a different configuration of the MC-mom being the only family members in the game. I don’t get the reasoning behind it, and the only time they variated from it worked well in my opinion, I liked having the MC’s father as a gym leader.

Maybe they can make a older sibling as either an accomplished trainer or gym leader/Elite four, with the MC wanting to catch up to him/her.

I’d be quite fine with that. In general, I’d like a different configuration of the MC-mom being the only family members in the game. I don’t get the reasoning behind it, and the only time they variated from it worked well in my opinion, I liked having the MC’s father as a gym leader.

Maybe they can make a older sibling as either an accomplished trainer or gym leader/Elite four, with the MC wanting to catch up to him/her.

We could really use a game where you live with Dad instead of Mom for a change! What if Mom is a gym leader this time? Or the Champion?! Oh my gawd, Mom for Champion- GAMEFREAK MAKE THIS HAPPEN! D8

We could really use a game where you live with Dad instead of Mom for a change! What if Mom is a gym leader this time? Or the Champion?! Oh my gawd, Mom for Champion- GAMEFREAK MAKE THIS HAPPEN! D8
When I first played Diamond and my Mom showed up in Hearthome City, I thought that she had a chance at being the Champion. I've been hoping ever since then that that would happen at some point.

That could also work, I’d like in any case to see both parents in the game, maybe with different roles (as you said, the mother as an accomplished trainer of sorts), or a sibling as a sort of rival/GL/E4.

Anything that breaks the traditional MC family works for me. :ROFLMAO:

MC having siblings could potentially make for some cool characters. Having an older sibling as a rival, a professor, etc there's a lot of cool possibilities

Problem is the game's are meant to be immersive. While we've never seen a sibling in game it's never explicitly been said you're an only child. In individual headcanons you can imagine your bro or sis is elsewhere. To actually outright have a brother or sister in game breaks the immersion factor for everyone who doesn't have a brother/sister especially if it was stated they are older/younger. Similar with the Dad's it's never said you don't have a Dad they could be just off screen/ at work out on their own journeys

Problem is the game's are meant to be immersive. While we've never seen a sibling in game it's never explicitly been said you're an only child. In individual headcanons you can imagine your bro or sis is elsewhere. To actually outright have a brother or sister in game breaks the immersion factor for everyone who doesn't have a brother/sister especially if it was stated they are older/younger. Similar with the Dad's it's never said you don't have a Dad they could be just off screen/ at work out on their own journeys
I'm sure having a mom consistently every game breaks the immersion for anyone who doesn't have a mom.

Time to just have no family members.

Adding to the reasons mentioned before:
  • The screencaps show that they were taken by Jun, since it clearly shows "sent to me". And Jun's signature supposedly gives what position he's working on. There's absolutely no way someone would just put their name and occupation on something they could get fired for, and then post it publicly online.
  • Jun requests type graphics from Michael, but as the art director, Jun should already have graphics for all the types-there's no reason he should be relying on Michael for four types.
  • There's no reason to have the dex numbers as the files for official art. Dex numbers are used for game assets, because the game calls them by dex numbers, but reveals and sites will call whatever the file is. You can inspect the code of the SuMo site and see that files are named for the Pokemon, not the dex number.
  • On that note, there's no reason for the _lg suffix with the dex numbers. It looks like it's supposed to be a hint that they're legendary, but they should already know that they're legendary, especially if they're going to reveal them. (Also, why doesn't the art director know the names of the legendaries?)
  • Michael is in charge of both the English and Spanish logos, but he only gives the English names for the Pokemon?
  • The spelling and grammar seem poorly done for what's supposed to be professional emails. "Thank-you" shouldn't have a hyphen, "Pokemon" should have the é, etc.
  • And most glaringly....Feb 24 is a Sunday, not a Wednesday.

Problem is the game's are meant to be immersive. While we've never seen a sibling in game it's never explicitly been said you're an only child. In individual headcanons you can imagine your bro or sis is elsewhere. To actually outright have a brother or sister in game breaks the immersion factor for everyone who doesn't have a brother/sister especially if it was stated they are older/younger

Then the games are already not immersive for those that lost their mother, or that live with their father or not their mother. If we’re talking about immersion, not having their father around is likely not immersive for a lot of people. Or for all of players that aren’t 11 years old or that are surely teenagers or more.

Immersion was noted in another thread about the silent vs voiced protagonist, and it’s a valid opinion in favour of the former, as it goes beyond Pokémon and in RPGs in general. But in regards of this topic, it seems to me a bit too excessive of a reason to justify the lack of a sibling in the game. Expecially because, again, the lack of a father is actually more immersion-breaking, if we want to use it as a reason, then having a sibling.

So you're saying it's easier to perfectly time and organise a natural phenomenon than it is to plug in some numbers on a computer? Think I'm gonna disagree with that one.
Actually yes. During the summers I literally see the phenomenon similar to Masuda’s SM pic almost every day.

Plus, the weights and heights are almost totally random on Pokemon go,

That could make a far better rival than the whole party of NPCs that Gen 6 gave us. XD

I hope if there are any siblings involved they pick a path totally different from the MC (contests or clicking pictures or something). Due to mostly bitter interactions with my own sibling I don’t want to manifest sibling rivalry in my games...

Then the games are already not immersive for those that lost their mother, or that live with their father or not their mother. If we’re talking about immersion, not having their father around is likely not immersive for a lot of people. Or for all of players that aren’t 11 years old or that are surely teenagers or more.

Immersion was noted in another thread about the silent vs voiced protagonist, and it’s a valid opinion in favour of the former, as it goes beyond Pokémon and in RPGs in general. But in regards of this topic, it seems to me a bit too excessive of a reason to justify the lack of a sibling in the game. Expecially because, again, the lack of a father is actually more immersion-breaking, if we want to use it as a reason, then having a sibling.

The ages of the MC's are never stated in game. And yeah it's a fair point that having the Mum breaks the immersion for those who for whatever reason don't live with a Mum, children of same sex couples also come to mind in addition to the examples you highlighted. But just because you can't have perfect immersion for everyone is not a reason to break with immersion entirely. I do struggle to understand why so many people today have to deal in absolutes. It's either perfect, or shouldn't be done at all etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom