• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laid to Wake
Reaction score
I'm dying now because I was thinking a bit more on the Espeon/Umbreon example and they're also dependent upon the time of day so if we really focus on the canon there- just how earth shattering is it for someone in one-time-of-day Kanto to venture over the border into Johto and look up at the sky? Like "Holyshit, what is going on?! It was light and now it's dark and I don't know what to believe anymore!" XD
Not just light and dark, because now they're suddenly experiencing color, too!

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Don't forget Inverse Battles. Those were in the Gen VII games, but were unused.
Were they? That's kind of interesting.

Speaking of unused content in Sun and Moon, I wonder if the unused Pokemon GO gift location text may be indicative that transfers from GO is something that they are going to also want to implement in Gen 8. I mean, if they wanted it for the first games of Gen 7, it would kind of stand to reason?

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Screenshots take a second to process. He could have tried taking one at 5:30 and it ended up processing at 5:29
In which case that time being a "hint" clearly did not matter when posting the screenshot?

He had a few days before reveal, he could have set another lucky egg to try to get the right time, if that's what his goal was.

El_

Reaction score
Don't forget Inverse Battles. Those were in the Gen VII games, but were unused.
:evilgrin

A way to make Gym Leaders or "trails" more challenging if there ever were one. I could easily see a Gym/trial that advertised itself on the idea that things are not what they appear... would be good for the older crowd that is pretty accustomed to the type chart at this point.

Reaction score
:evilgrin

A way to make Gym Leaders or "trails" more challenging if there ever were one. I could easily see a Gym/trial that advertised itself on the idea that things are not what they appear... would be good for the older crowd that is pretty accustomed to the type chart at this point.
Yeeeeeeeeesssss. Do it, GF, do it! That would be so cool! I mean, they already had a gym with an alternate formate with Tate and Liza, why not throw in some more of these formats in other gyms/trials? They wanted to do something new, and that would give those battle types new life-- inverse, triple, rotation. Maybe not all of them, I know some people aren't fans of them, but spicing it up every once in a while would be fantastic.

Literally Who
Reaction score
There ages are stated in other media, but never actually in game. Think the Gen 5 cohort were 15 or something, but again not actually mentioned in game.
Hau did say it in the aether place. I remember because I played a randomizer a month ago

El_

Reaction score
Posting this (4channy) bc I find it pretty hilarious, and this thread needs a laugh:

Pokemon King and Pokemon Queen
King mascot is a wolf legendary, queen is a wyvern.
123 new Pokemon
26 regional variants
Some new Pokemon- Dragon-dog psuedo, electric/ground pikaclone mole, giant cat/caterpillar hybrid (normal/bug type),
New Royal type. Wolf is a Royal/Dark type, wyvern is a Royal/Dragon type.
Pokemon that become royal include Slowking, Kingdra, Tseerana, and Serperior.
Royal type Pokemon are super fancy, and are treasured in the new region.
another example of a royal type is a rat king. (A bunch of rats with their tails mixed up).
"Rat King"

Not Dead
Reaction score
In which case that time being a "hint" clearly did not matter when posting the screenshot?

He had a few days before reveal, he could have set another lucky egg to try to get the right time, if that's what his goal was.
There's also something called Photoshop, Gimp or whatever. Just ignoring the mistake would make me disappointed in Masuda-senpai.

Status
Not open for further replies.