• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This conspiracy is next level shit and kinda getting out of hand.

Saw this collection on twitter XD
This conspiracy stuff needs to stop. And how come the leaks this season are so boring? Most of them are either very unbelievable, quickly debunked or piggy backing on crown and specter. Last year we had a lot of crazy crap flying around.

Reaction score
View attachment 115934
This conspiracy stuff needs to stop. And how come the leaks this season are so boring? Most of them are either very unbelievable, quickly debunked or piggy backing on crown and specter. Last year we had a lot of crazy crap flying around.
Because the leaks haven't had anything legit to piggyback on.

We'll probably see a huge influx of leaks when the first bits of information have been leaked; like 'this newly revelead 'mon will have an evolution! And there will be a dolphin legendary and a dark gym, etc.!'

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
sigh This is reaching 90's Final Fantasy fandom levels of insanity.
Gogo is Adlai Stevenson!! Or are they Daryl? Or maybe Emperor Gesthal! And you can totes revive General Leo.

...I would totally love to see Pike Queen Lucy again though. I love her design.

Reaction score
To those wondering about the stream, just read this thread:

View: https://twitter.com/helixchamber/status/1097431441368064000

EDIT: It's fun to see that not only Kotora and Raitora were cut from both Gen I and Gen II, but they were going to get another evolution.

EDIT 2: Apparently, Mikon was also cut twice, which explains one of Vulpix's Pokédex entry.

EDIT 3: Meowth's pre-evolution was also cut twice. By the way, did you know there was a stage between Psyduck and Golduck?

EDIT 4: Remember all those "Cubone is related in some way to Kangaskhan" rumors that used to float on the Internet all those years ago? Well, it's not as far fetched as people think. Sadly, we only got the back sprite.

EDIT 5: Blastoise and Squirtle/Wartortle were originally unrelated. Blastoise had a pre-evolution while Wartortle evolved into something more similar to it.

EDIT 6: Gyopin (Goldeen's pre-evo) also got cut twice.

EDIT 7: Just like people suspected, Blaine's final sprite was originally the Chief's. Soldier Blaine has its own separate sprite.

EDIT 8: Giovanni was originally a Flying-Type trainer. I guess that's why, depending on the artist, the Earth Badge looks like a feather.

EDIT 9: At this point I can feel we can find Festa Ruby this year!

Last edited:
Reaction score

EDIT: It's fun to see that not only Kotora and Raitora were cut from both Gen I and Gen II, but they were going to get another evolution.

EDIT 2: Apparently, Mikon was also cut twice, which explains one of Vulpix's Pokédex entry.

EDIT 3: Meowth's pre-evolution was also cut twice. By the way, did you know there was a stage between Psyduck and Golduck?

EDIT 4: Remember all those "Cubone is related in some way to Kangaskhan" rumors that used to float on the Internet all those years ago? Well, it's not as far fetched as people think. Sadly, we only got the back sprite.

EDIT 5: Blastoise and Squirtle/Wartortle were originally unrelated. Blastoise had a pre-evolution while Wartortle evolved into something more similar to it.

EDIT 7: Just like people suspected, Blaine's final sprite was originally the Chief's. Soldier Blaine has its own separate sprite.

EDIT 8: Giovanni was originally a Flying-Type trainer. I guess that's why, depending on the artist, the Earth Badge looks like a feather.

And they showed Gorochu!!! I’m pretty darn happy about that :)

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that due to this stunt, they shot themselves in the foot about anyone ever believing the Space World demo?

They should have cut out the ROM hack and the front sprite restorations all together and just dumped what they had like normal.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
And they showed Gorochu!!! I’m pretty darn happy about that :)
What? Is there any picture floating around?

Edit; checked and there’s isn't much to be deduced in Gorochu's design other than that the ears change shape again...

I like previous Kamex a lot more than Blastoise.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
This new rumor is most likely fake. I highly doubt that they would only introduce 40 Pokemon and outright remove 2 types.

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score

Where are you getting this from?

Reaction score
I also see something that resembles a floating head with Spikey Horns. Looks like Glalie tbh (135, next to Pre-Meowth).

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Some of these may have become Pokemon for later generations with different name and designs overtime.

Reaction score
They probably make a lot of concepts, some which may never see the daylight or only when they get adjusted.

Not Dead
Reaction score
I've created a thread about the Helix Chamber discoveries. No need to let your posts get buried in this thread.

They probably make a lot of concepts, some which may never see the daylight or only when they get adjusted.
When asked about Gorochu in LGPE, Masuda was very dismissive of reusing scrapped ideas in new games.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I've created a thread about the Helix Chamber discoveries. No need to let your posts get buried in this thread.

When asked about Gorochu in LGPE, Masuda was very dismissive of reusing scrapped ideas in new games.
But Masuda doesn't direct any more. So there might be a change of mind.

Reaction score
Okay, do you guys think the rumoured Pokémon Direct will announce before or during Pokémon-day?

And on what days does it usually air?

Status
Not open for further replies.