• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wow thats actually a huge improvement, did they change for any specific development reasons or was it part of that old public demo ?
If I recall correctly, it's from a trailer.

EDIT: Also, as far as I know they never gave a reason. It was just gone once the final game came out.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Are we in the darkest timeline with this drought? Or would the darkest timeline be one where the games are delayed?
Either way, after hyping myself up for AC news in the Direct, I'm keeping my expectations of news for anything I'm waiting on as low as I can.

Reaction score
Are we in the darkest timeline with this drought? Or would the darkest timeline be one where the games are delayed?
Either way, after hyping myself up for AC news in the Direct, I'm keeping my expectations of news for anything I'm waiting on as low as I can.
No, this is not the darkest timeline. The darkest timeline would be if the games got cancelled. I don't want to know how the fandom would react to that.

Reaction score
No, this is not the darkest timeline. The darkest timeline would be if the games got cancelled. I don't want to know how the fandom would react to that.
I was going to suggest cancellation, but then I though I shouldn't say it out loud (or I guess type it out) just to be safe. I don't think we'd survive the aftermath of that kind of announcement. shudders

Reaction score
I was going to suggest cancellation, but then I though I shouldn't say it out loud (or I guess type it out) just to be safe. I don't think we'd survive the aftermath of that kind of announcement. shudders
I can see it already...

Ishihara: Due to difficulty with the switch we will be cancelling the next games until better hardware is released sorry.

Twitter down
Reddit hysteria
4 chan *full of leakers claming they knew this would happen but know about new hardware releaseing later this year because their uncle who works at nintendo told them so
Bulbapedia every thread is closed due to flaming

Reaction score

I threw together a quick little concept of how I think Gen 8 could look (best case scenario)
Take the models for Go and Lets GO and put on a background thats a sizeable leap from what we have now, similar to Pokken Tournament or Battle Revolution in HD.

From what we've seen of TOWN (Which is most definitely just an engine test for this) I dont think it's too farfathed to have something in this ballpark in terms of graphics, though I expect the artstyle to be consistent with a cel shaded anime look.

Retired Smogon Player
Reaction score
I don't think Legendary Pokemon are modeled after the titles--at least not for gold/silver. Ho-Oh debuted on episode 1 in the anime.

In any case, my point is that the titles need to make sense in the game. Crown & Sceptre doesnt make much sense imo

Literally Who
Reaction score
I would prefer if they did the characters in the vein of Gen VII. Just give them a wide range of emotions.
I also hope the story focuses on the pokemon rather than the characters unlike how sm focused too much on the aether family

Reaction score
View attachment 115950

I threw together a quick little concept of how I think Gen 8 could look (best case scenario)
Take the models for Go and Lets GO and put on a background thats a sizeable leap from what we have now, similar to Pokken Tournament or Battle Revolution in HD.

From what we've seen of TOWN (Which is most definitely just an engine test for this) I dont think it's too farfathed to have something in this ballpark in terms of graphics, though I expect the artstyle to be consistent with a cel shaded anime look.
This is the most realistic approach, definitely agreed.

Reaction score
View attachment 115950

Hmm ... looks a little too busy for my liking, but then again I am more used to the simplistic backgrounds of Gen 3/4

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
View attachment 115950

is the hp bar idea is from kingdom hearts ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.