• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like pokemon lost some charm when they moved to 3d?
My brother would agree with you. He doesn't like the move to 3D and feels like the games lost something when they stopped using sprites.

I however, am thrilled by it. So long as the art style stays more like Sun and Moon with human proportions and not continue Let's Go's making everyone look like 6 year olds, I'm happy. Pokemon is pokemon as long as I can have awesome monsters to raise.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Well, you could just use the "capy-" part of the name, or use other names for the animal, like carpincho or chigüire.
True. Although to me personally for some reason the -Bara part Is more recognizable in a name than the capy part.
Or they could use some kind of name that doesn’t put the species inspiration on-your-face.

They’ve done such names before that either include a broader classification (‘simian’ in passimian) or names which do not reference any animal species at all.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I think they could use the -bara part of capybara just fine, considering Kapibara-san is a popular character in Japan, but chubbybara does seem kinda inappropriate.

KiranTheWitch

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
Yay, 4chan people decided to draw fake starters again. The text/logo "leaks" were getting monotonous.
Lmao why did they use hiragana for the grass starter. And would did they put の in the fire starters name. Hahaha

Edit: took a closer look and all of them have hiragana in their names. Hahaha this would never be done. Lmao learn Katakana VP.

Edit2: ほのお、みず、くさ are the types. Nevermind. But still they need to learn stroke order for writing hiragana and katakana because those are terrible. Hahaha. I love how they forgot the Maru on タイプ for くさタイプ。hahaha

Last edited:

Nicolas721

Reaction score
The chubbybaras leak was a bit refreshing to see after the England piggybacking went out of control. I think it's fake because the Battle Tree was supposed to be an anniversary thing, If they were planning to bring even more old characters back they would have done so in LGPE.

Lmao why did they use hiragana for the grass starter. And would did they put の in the fire starters name. Hahaha

Edit: took a closer look and all of them have hiragana in their names. Hahaha this would never be done. Lmao learn Katakana VP.
Those are their types written in hiragana and a "Type" katakana next to them, with mistakes like writting ku instead of ta in the Fire one and fu instead of pu in the Grass one.

I think they are fake because they look too angry and edgy imo, and the Water one looks like Popplio with Rowlet's bowtie.

Seraphen47

Reaction score
Are these just fan-made mash-ups or are people actually calling them "leaks"?
They were posted with some Japanese text. I don't know Japanese so my best bet would be someone is pretending to be a Japanese leaker. Later on he also posted the types in Engrish. Seems a bit tryhard.

Like both begging in-thread 21/02/19

Pyrax

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
Just a heads up everyone. While joking about leaks is perfectly fine (and encouraged!), please make sure you're contributing and not just asking for likes. They don't really add much to the topic at hand or bringing up a new point. In other words, it's off-topic and irrelevant to the thread. Thanks.
-
Today was a quiet day.
A bit too early for Pokémon day :p

Last edited:

Cainhxrst

Reaction score
I feel like every day from now till pokemon day/pokemon day-eve will be quiet in comparison to yesterday.

Yesterday kinda felt like insanity lol.

For what it's worth, the smashboards mod that tweeted this : View: https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1098276798477922304
later clarified on era what he was talking about. He mentioned that he received that image from the same source that teased links awakening to him a few days before the direct. The image is apparently supposed to be a specific tease, but he wasn't sure what the 3 pokeballs could be referring to (3 starters, 3 days, etc)

Maybe we'll see the starters on pokemon day?

Cute Charm

GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL
Reaction score
Since the eevee doesn't evolve, I wonder how the gender differences will carry over to the evolutions if they do implement it. Unless they just count the rounded tail tip as a variation and not a true difference.

There needs to be more gender differences period. I miss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.