• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you could just use the "capy-" part of the name, or use other names for the animal, like carpincho or chigüire.
True. Although to me personally for some reason the -Bara part Is more recognizable in a name than the capy part.

Or they could use some kind of name that doesn’t put the species inspiration on-your-face.

They’ve done such names before that either include a broader classification (‘simian’ in passimian) or names which do not reference any animal species at all.

Yay, 4chan people decided to draw fake starters again. The text/logo "leaks" were getting monotonous.

Attachments

• 1550762778875.jpg
    1550762778875.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 152
Yay, 4chan people decided to draw fake starters again. The text/logo "leaks" were getting monotonous.
Lmao why did they use hiragana for the grass starter. And would did they put の in the fire starters name. Hahaha

Edit: took a closer look and all of them have hiragana in their names. Hahaha this would never be done. Lmao learn Katakana VP.

Edit2: ほのお、みず、くさ are the types. Nevermind. But still they need to learn stroke order for writing hiragana and katakana because those are terrible. Hahaha. I love how they forgot the Maru on タイプ for くさタイプ。hahaha

Last edited:
The chubbybaras leak was a bit refreshing to see after the England piggybacking went out of control. I think it's fake because the Battle Tree was supposed to be an anniversary thing, If they were planning to bring even more old characters back they would have done so in LGPE.

Lmao why did they use hiragana for the grass starter. And would did they put の in the fire starters name. Hahaha

Edit: took a closer look and all of them have hiragana in their names. Hahaha this would never be done. Lmao learn Katakana VP.

Those are their types written in hiragana and a "Type" katakana next to them, with mistakes like writting ku instead of ta in the Fire one and fu instead of pu in the Grass one.

I think they are fake because they look too angry and edgy imo, and the Water one looks like Popplio with Rowlet's bowtie.

Are these just fan-made mash-ups or are people actually calling them "leaks"?
They were posted with some Japanese text. I don't know Japanese so my best bet would be someone is pretending to be a Japanese leaker. Later on he also posted the types in Engrish. Seems a bit tryhard.

Like both begging in-thread 21/02/19
Just a heads up everyone. While joking about leaks is perfectly fine (and encouraged!), please make sure you're contributing and not just asking for likes. They don't really add much to the topic at hand or bringing up a new point. In other words, it's off-topic and irrelevant to the thread. Thanks.
-
Today was a quiet day.
A bit too early for Pokémon day :p

Last edited:
I feel like every day from now till pokemon day/pokemon day-eve will be quiet in comparison to yesterday.

Yesterday kinda felt like insanity lol.

For what it's worth, the smashboards mod that tweeted this :
View: https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1098276798477922304
later clarified on era what he was talking about. He mentioned that he received that image from the same source that teased links awakening to him a few days before the direct. The image is apparently supposed to be a specific tease, but he wasn't sure what the 3 pokeballs could be referring to (3 starters, 3 days, etc)

Maybe we'll see the starters on pokemon day?

I mean. . .I'm having flashbacks to last years countdown but at the same time, it's interesting that Alola would be on the day before pokemon day and not on pokemon day itself, especially when many have been expecting a pokemon day announcement anyways

We also know we're getting a new gen this year so the countdown could potentially mean something. My main issue with it is I dont expect the announcement to actual detail the new region so then the region based countdown being a pre-cursor to a new gen announcement is kind of iffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom