• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again they had to announce it since many people didn't get that a switch game was already written in stone when usum where Announced and cried like litle children.

To be fair, consistently waiting 2-3 years into the system's lifespan for the debut is wasting the system's prime years. They really should try to match their releases to the system's lifespan a little more closely, releasing games on the previous system when the new one is out hurts their sales.

I swear if I see one negative word about this game after its reveal. This game is gonna be beautiful. I can feel it in my gut.

So we're just supposed to congratulate them for releasing a game regardless of how good or bad it looks? This isn't 1st grade, we don't just give them an A effort. This series has a lot of issues that just releasing a new generation won't be guaranteed to solve, and if they reveal a gameplay trailer and it's unimpressive, of course there's going to be negativity and it'll be deserved.

I don't speak for Bolt or anyone else, but for me, it would be the lack of difference USUM had in comparison to SM, as well as the new casual/mobile focus which hurts the depth of the games. Like was discussed earlier in the thread, many also expressed that X & Y felt unfinished, and Masuda himself said that he developed some of the modern main series games to be more user friendly or mobile-ish bc people didn't apparently have time to play an in-depth rpg.

If Gen 8 is an X & Y rehash with lack of or mishandled content, and retaining the very bland ease of use that's become an issue with the last two gens, then it will most definitely deserves criticism.

I hope that Gen 8 not only feels "complete" to play as a game, but that it also leaves behind the ease of use tablet gaming style. A console game especially should feel like one, and I'd love for the game(s) to be something akin to the Colosseum series (in story & difficulty), but much larger, more immersive, and engrossing to dive into.

Given the amount of complaints that Gen 6 and 7 had including LGPE, especially from Japanese fans, you could argue it’s safe to say GF might be a little out of touch with their fanbase. The Japanese sales of LGPE showcased this as well as the choices that Masuda made in regards to no battle frontier in ORAS and the lack of difficulty and more. It was and has been very vocal.

I haven’t seen the Japanese fanbase complain vocally since the navigation mountain issues with Mt Coronet in Gen 4.

But Pokémon will sell well regardless anyway.

Last edited:
I don't think expecting nothing is the worst thing in the world. After all, when you always expect the worst, you're that much more delighted when the best comes. As an optimist, I can say that I always have high hopes, even when they're not the most realistic, and even though I'm used to it, I still get disappointed when they don't come to fruition. That doesn't hold me back from looking forward, sure, and I'll get just as hyped as the last time, even more so when something finally arrives, but if others can't get their hopes as high as mine, I don't see how it's a problem. Just another way of hanging tough while Groudon's out and about. ;u;

I don't think expecting nothing is the worst thing in the world. After all, when you always expect the worst, you're that much more delighted when the best comes. As an optimist, I can say that I always have high hopes, even when they're not the most realistic, and even though I'm used to it, I still get disappointed when they don't come to fruition. That doesn't hold me back from looking forward, sure, and I'll get just as hyped as the last time, even more so when something finally arrives, but if others can't get their hopes as high as mine, I don't see how it's a problem. Just another way of hanging tough while Groudon's out and about. ;u;
My philosophy is to forget about my worries and stay happy that way. Sure, it has sometimes hindered my progress of learning things, but it still has its uses. For example, when the last Nintendo Direct didn't have any Pokémon reveals, I was a little grumpy at first (mostly because I stayed up all night) but the next morning, I had already moved on from it.

People are entitled to their own opinions, I happen to be hugely disappointed with how all things Pokemon tend to be going lately. SM/USUM are great games in my opinion, but once you take out the Elite 4 there's not much left you can do with the games. Looker missions are annoying, and the Rainbow Rocket Episode still leaves me confused. I am "looking forward" to the next Pokemon game, but as there is no news there's no real reason for me to express any optimism.

I think that if Masuda is concerned with playing difficulties in a game, he should allow a player to choose the difficulty level of the game he/she is playing. I honestly do hope that feature is brought back/introduced for Gen 8.

People are entitled to their own opinions, I happen to be hugely disappointed with how all things Pokemon tend to be going lately. SM/USUM are great games in my opinion, but once you take out the Elite 4 there's not much left you can do with the games. Looker missions are annoying, and the Rainbow Rocket Episode still leaves me confused. I am "looking forward" to the next Pokemon game, but as there is no news there's no real reason for me to express any optimism.

I think that if Masuda is concerned with playing difficulties in a game, he should allow a player to choose the difficulty level of the game he/she is playing. I honestly do hope that feature is brought back/introduced for Gen 8.
Masuda's not directing the games anymore.

This popped up. Not sure what it's supposed to be.

Attachments

• snip_20190222195821.png
    snip_20190222195821.png
    466.4 KB · Views: 359
In an interview on Pokemon.com, Masuda recently said, “...it’s important to have the younger generation at Game Freak take over the development of Pokémon as a series. I do believe this will probably be, in terms of the main Pokémon RPGs, the last time that I work as the director.”

kinda odd to want to have influence on the games when you simultaneously want the next generation to take the reigns.

kinda odd to want to have influence on the games when you simultaneously want the next generation to take the reigns.

That just gives the impression that he’ll gradually let the new generation of employees do its thing slowly, little by little and by the time they’re given a full rein at development they’ll probably be either willing to follow Masuda’s ideology or if they consider it fault enough, take the series in a new direction.

Pokemon will not do a 180 in a single installment.

That just gives the impression that he’ll gradually let the new generation of employees do its thing slowly, little by little and by the time they’re given a full rein at development they’ll probably be either willing to follow Masuda’s ideology or if they consider it fault enough, take the series in a new direction.

Pokemon will not do a 180 in a single installment.

that's a rather cynical take on things, don't you think?

it kinda defeats the purpose of masuda quitting if the rest of the development team is more or less made to follow his ideology anyway. if he's going to step down as director, it's under the assumption that someone new with an entirely new vision is going to take the reigns of pokemon games from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom