• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comets are technically satellites though. It's like they went through a thesaurus or something.
Oh I know, but it doesn't sound as nice. Also when people say comet you think of a comet, but when people hear satellite there are more things that come to mind for many people before "natural thing orbiting other thing".

But yeah, definitely getting thesaurusy (I know that's not a word )8).

Oh random thought, but you know how Pokemon Quest apparently had slots up to #808? We knew that we were getting a new pokemon in LGPE at that point. We didn't know about Melmetal- but they surely did, so it should have gone up to #809. Proof that GameFreak has wisened up there?
Maybe. Though I think the [~ 808] being included at all may have been accidental as the [~ 808] isn’t present for the Pokémon themselves, but only in the Category section. However the Pokémon section does include a [~ 0] which may be unrelated, but seems worth bringing up in this instance none the less.

I gotta vote no on this... they are very very close to being the same thing with no clear distinction to the average person.
I agree that, to the average person, the distinction is probably not the most clear, but for the sake of pointing it out and getting another opportunity to talk about space-stuff: an asteroid is made of rocky, left-over planet material and are found in the inner solar system, whereas a Comet is made of icy left-over planet material and can be found out in the Kuiper Belt (some say that Pluto and Eris and other objects like them would be comets if their orbits were more elliptical). Comets have extremely elliptical orbits, which is why some, like Halley's Comet, come by so rarely (every 76 or so years), and some only go by once. Asteroids are more stable in their orbits, and you can actually trace their path across the sky using a telescope since they're so much closer. They could go with major examples like Ceres (a DP and the biggest object in the Asteroid Belt) and Halley, but I'm guessing "Halley" is too much of a real-person name to be a game title. I'm 100% on board with more space titles, though. In case it wasn't abundantly clear. >u<

Oh random thought, but you know how Pokemon Quest apparently had slots up to #808? We knew that we were getting a new pokemon in LGPE at that point. We didn't know about Melmetal- but they surely did, so it should have gone up to #809. Proof that GameFreak has wisened up there?
I think that after so many major leaks over the past few gens, they're definitely wising up-- I'm guessing that's why we don't really have any leaks aside from lists and the occasional piece of art that gets pretty quickly debunked.

Maybe. Though I think the [~ 808] being included at all may have been accidental as the [~ 808] isn’t present for the Pokémon themselves, but only in the Category section. However the Pokémon section does include a [~ 0] which may be unrelated, but seems worth bringing up in this instance none the less.
Ahh, hold on. It can’t be Meltan after all. It’s like with the USUM files, the 808 would be Hoopa Unbound’s extra classification as the Djinn Pokémon.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/sciresm/status/928238212480245761?lang=en

My maybe is now a Yes.

The reason I don't buy it is gonna sound dumb, but it has no O in the name.
I may be late, but I just wanna say... that's not dumb. That's Brilliant and I never realized every main region has an o in the name till you pointed that out --

Yes. For example: Orre is called Aura in the Spanish games, and Unova was called Teselia. Isshu is Unova's Japanese, too. I guess the "o" thing is English-only.
Yeah Unova namely is the only one to have a different name in every translation, and to not have an "o" in its Japanese name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom