• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Unova was the first main American based region. It's understandable they wanted to break the O pattern in at least Japanese. But the fact they went back to it afterwards with Kalos and Alola means it's a standard by this point.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Unova was the first main American based region. It's understandable they wanted to break the O pattern in at least Japanese. But the fact they went back to it afterwards with Kalos and Alola means it's a standard by this point.
Sure, but it's a weak standard and they've already broken more important ones such as every region having gyms and legendaries and mythicals not being able to evolve.

Reaction score
This all rumors season reminds me of last year around Pokemon Day when thousands of fake starters and plot leaks appeared. They were litterally bombing us for like a month, then nothing happened and it was like empty for other 3 months. Hope this is not the case again.

Reaction score
How it's almost march and we don't have full trailer of the movie, it never happened before iirc.
btw 1,000 posts now:lapras:
I think that's because there's probably not that much new stuff to show. The major mystery here is how the graphics will be, this is probably why we have not seen anything yet. This is like the first real remake, so like remakes in the main serie, has a shorter marketing campaign.

Not Dead
Reaction score
How it's almost march and we don't have full trailer of the movie, it never happened before iirc.
btw 1,000 posts now:lapras:
That always happens. The only exception is 2012, where the first real trailer was shown on the 29th, but that barely counted as February.

What you're thinking of is the mythicals getting revealed in February, but that wasn't the case in the past two years. And well, there is probably no new mythical in this movie.

Reaction score
Aren't the Gen 8 games gonna be available for pre-order between March and April? It's from the same rumor that mentioned Mewtwo is getting another form of sorts. It's supposedly made by the Chinese Riddler if I can remember.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
That always happens. The only exception is 2012, where the first real trailer was shown on the 29th, but that barely counted as February.

What you're thinking of is the mythicals getting revealed in February, but that wasn't the case in the past two years. And well, there is probably no new mythical in this movie.
Pokemon everyone's story got full trailer on february 26, but yeah, you right.
they usually early march from what i seen

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Aren't the Gen 8 games gonna be available for pre-order between March and April? It's from the same rumor that mentioned Mewtwo is getting another form of sorts. It's supposedly made by the Chinese Riddler if I can remember.
Doesn't sound like much of a riddle. XP

Reaction score
Imagining... What if no new region at all?
Comeback to an old region but with new pokemons there.

Reaction score
mildly interesting but they've been posting the starters along with the region videos on the pokemon instagram account:

View attachment 116062
Hmm!! It does bring up an exciting concept
which is basically, they may wish to show what Pokemon look like in-game during some sort of reveal trailer! The starters are a very good option for that!!

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
Imagining... What if no new region at all?
Comeback to an old region but with new pokemons there.
It's an interesting idea for sure, but I don't think they would do this on the first gen on the Nintendo Switch. This new game is probably going to be pretty big, seeing as we are going into the first generation on a home console. I have a feeling these new games are going to be big, and I think they know that in order to appease old fans and new ones brought over from Let's Go or simply who have a Switch and want to try Pokemon again, they need to go big. Going big involves a brand new region to explore with new characters and new locations.

That being said, I think I could see them doing something like this in the future, maybe going back to an older region but many years into the future, or many years into the past, that has several new Pokemon.

Not Dead
Reaction score
Pokemon everyone's story got full trailer on february 26, but yeah, you right.
they usually early march from what i seen
So maybe there will be a trailer around Pokemon Day and they will announce a worldwide theatrical release that isn't ridiculously limited. The CGI is more likely to be appreciated by the west, and the January "trailer" showed footage from the American premiere of the first movie.

Reaction score
It's an interesting idea for sure, but I don't think they would do this on the first gen on the Nintendo Switch. This new game is probably going to be pretty big, seeing as we are going into the first generation on a home console. I have a feeling these new games are going to be big, and I think they know that in order to appease old fans and new ones brought over from Let's Go or simply who have a Switch and want to try Pokemon again, they need to go big. Going big involves a brand new region to explore with new characters and new locations.

That being said, I think I could see them doing something like this in the future, maybe going back to an older region but many years into the future, or many years into the past, that has several new Pokemon.
I started to think about it when I saw this "visit that region" thing they're doing now. It's like they're calling us to a visit but how could we actually visit that regions? There must be a way to "visit hoenn".

Reaction score
This is a tangent/rant, but I really hope there are no shiny locked Pokemon in the new game. I missed the sign up period for the Tapu Bulu competition by one hour yesterday and just found out that its shiny locked in game.
I use to play the games a bit after the release (now I'm playing gen 5 for example) and things locked in the first days/hours of the games are not a thing I'd like to see again.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
This is a tangent/rant, but I really hope there are no shiny locked Pokemon in the new game. I missed the sign up period for the Tapu Bulu competition by one hour yesterday and just found out that its shiny locked in game.
Also if they do a trial like challenge, don't hide new pokemon behind whatever it is.

The one thing I didn't like was not being able to get Mimikyu outside of the GTS before the ghost trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.