• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How exciting would that be if we got our very first region in Africa! Since they did show the Dustox fields in today's video, I'd say that gives the leak a little credibility.

Reaction score
Uhh could someone explain this leak to me? I must have missed it while skimming.
It's a small leak.

The new region is based on Egypt, the starters are going to be a grass sloth, a fire snake and a water hippo. They also say the Pokémon Company will be showing an anime trailer featuring Ash meeting the new starters on Pokémon Day.

I hope this is true because I wanted an African region.

Reaction score
Pretty sure that 4chan post is from after the Sinnoh video was uploaded. (The timestamp shows it's posted today, at 6:44 am in whatever timezone it's displaying in) That's not predicting, it's just describing what's already common knowledge. And I seriously doubt they're gonna use only the anime to promote the games.

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
It's a small leak.

The new region is based on Egypt, the starters are going to be a grass sloth, a fire snake and a water hippo. They also say the Pokémon Company will be showing an anime trailer featuring Ash meeting the new starters on Pokémon Day.

I hope this is true because I wanted an African region.

Ahh well if it is true...the poor ice type is getting shafted even more then in gen 7.

Reaction score
Pretty sure that 4chan post is from after the Sinnoh video was uploaded. (The timestamp shows it's posted today, at 6:44 am in whatever timezone it's displaying in) That's not predicting, it's just describing what's already common knowledge. And I seriously doubt they're gonna use only the anime to promote the games.
Does somebody know what timezone 4chan uses? I don't want to go there.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
If the cases of Gen 8 being reveal at Pokemon Day (Which is not confirmed yet) being ture, would it be better if they show off the region, starters and legendary, instead of just the title name like Sun and Moon. We only got the title, and then waited till May to get the starter, legendaries, and region. Can they do it like the did with XY (even though it reveal in early January)

Reaction score
If the cases of Gen 8 being reveal at Pokemon Day (Which is not confirmed yet) being ture, would it be better if they show off the region, starters and legendary, instead of just the title name like Sun and Moon. We only got the title, and then waited till May to get the starter, legendaries, and region. Can they do it like the did with XY (even though it reveal in early January)
I hope so, however I feel that what they did with S/M is still better than what they did now.

Literally Who
Reaction score
It wasn't
It was using an american timezone
Because someone posted a screenshotnof this post right when someone made a thread on the sinnoh video, and I couldn't find the original thread in the catalog, so it probably got archived for being a few hours old

Reaction score
"The Twitter video will comment on how cold Sinnoh is and show that one judge who always says "remarkable!" "

Reaction score
"The Twitter video will comment on how cold Sinnoh is and show that one judge who always says "remarkable!" "
Exactly. Faker confirmed, since neither did happen.

Also: I doubt they will show anime footage for Ash and the starters so early on as well, since that kills the anime marketing for the current SUMO saga.

Reaction score
New games are based in Egypt. Starters are Grass sloth, Fire snake, Water hippo.

Countdown video on Pokemon Day will reveal an exclusive (very) short anime trailer showing Ash meeting the new starters.

Look out for the Dustox Flower Fields in today's Sinnoh video.

Reaction score
Exactly. Faker confirmed, since neither did happen.

Also: I doubt they will show anime footage for Ash and the starters so early on as well, since that kills the anime marketing for the current SUMO saga.
not sure if it was the same person.
But ot both are wrong. the tweet mentioned it being cold.

Set your sights on Sinnoh, nature lovers! This region is beloved for its cooler climates and majestic mountains.
️
Or stay inside and study at the Pokémon Academy!

Egypt kinda would make sense through. even with the whole warm/cold comments.
Deserts are realyl hot in the day but also really cold in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.