• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I can see having more gyms in the new Pokémon game (although 18 seems a bit too much), but both recent leaks seems too wishlist-based to be true.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a region having more than 8 gyms. Though I feel like we should be allowed to challenge as many as we want before going to the league, and just requiring us to have 8 badges to get in. If anime characters can have like 10 badges before the league, I want to too dangit! Plus if gyms upgraded strength depending on the amount of badges you have (up to a certain limit of course, probably around 8 since that's the usual badge number) it'd give us a nice way to level our team up before the elite four and the champion.

This leak season is starting to really suck. @[email protected] This is why I have trust issues. I'll never understand what people are getting out of trying to pass things off as real information...

Don Cartagena
Reaction score
What's the satlite leak?

Welcome back.Some kinda credible people have been saying there's a direct on Pokémon Day,king Zell said simply "keep it up" in a speculation thread.There have been tons of title leaks,all fake.No other leaks really have any credibility.Anyway TPC says to expect exciting news for Pokémon Day and they started a countdown with every region that ends with Alola on the day before Pokémon Day.
Also I don't know if you've heard of this already but the most likely region right now is England,because of a 4chan leak and some mostly subsequent England royalty themed merch and possible hints.Recently Masuda posted a picture which some people think is a hint(explanation below)
That's the gist of it.There's been a bunch of leaks that don't really have any credibility of course.
Oh wow, so the scope of where the next region would be based is closing, that's great! I thought it would've been spain due to some speculations relating to that culture but england makes sense too. Dude thanks a lot for that, i need to start putting notifications on for these countdowns from tpc, didn't even catch that until you said it.

Reaction score
View: https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/1099454422244081669?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1099454422244081669&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231099454422244081669

did anyone else read this as "no announcement next week" according to pixelpar at least. . . since last time he got it wrong but proceeded to tweet the hint illustrations afterwards? Or does this mean he's already hinted something in his tweets

That's nice. Pixelpar is one of the few legitimate leakers we have. If it happens like the last time, he can give hints about the games on his drawings.

Reaction score
18 Gyms, if they do an open world with multiple gyms, seems like the most logical number. It would mean one gym for each type. Then maybe the Elite 4 members would not be type based. I'm not sure if I believe GF would do something like that though.
I didn't even think about that :eek:. If they did eighteen gyms, then the elite four would actually be ELITE. They would have like 6 Pokemon all with different types. Wow. Obviously this isn't happening though.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
They would have like 6 Pokemon all with different types.
I feel Elite Four should have different types anyways. The Gym Leaders already have mono-Type teams and the Elite Four are supposed to be, well, the elite, so why not act the part.

Would also prevent you from steamrolling a certain member with a certain typed mon.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree :) What I do think though is that they should hopefully have six Pokemon this time around, it doesn't make sense that the best trainers in the region who have probably caught 100s of Pokemon only use five when they know their opponent is going to use six in the competition x.x Unless it's an actual rule in the games? Idk.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I’d like if the gyms would be challenged under special rules, like having both the leader and challengers using 3 Pokémon each, so to have the fight being more challenging

For the E4, I don’t see why not having them fight with 6 Pokémon, but 5, with different types, might work fine.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Oh wow, so the scope of where the next region would be based is closing, that's great! I thought it would've been spain due to some speculations relating to that culture but england makes sense too. Dude thanks a lot for that, i need to start putting notifications on for these countdowns from tpc, didn't even catch that until you said it.
Don't take England as a hard fact, there is actually no solid evidence supporting it at all. >.>;

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Will do! That's the u spoken rule haha, take nothing to heart until it's an official leak or announcement.
XD Glad to hear that. Just want to clear up that the 4chan leak has already been debunked and the merchandise in question was not royalty-themed, it was Christmas-themed and just happened to feature Pikachu holding a scepter. England isn't really most likely at this point, it was just really popular with the fake leaks and hint-hunters this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.