• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME decides not to pursue Team Galactic and instead climb around the Sinnoh region with his new HM. Watch the new episode here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
I think the PC bag is the feature in LGPE where you carry your PC with you.
OHHH that explains why I don't know what it is. But yeah, I generally don't expect most LGPE features to return anyway, except in another LG game.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
OHHH that explains why I don't know what it is. But yeah, I generally don't expect most LGPE features to return anyway, except in another LG game.
Yeah. I don't think that this game will have a lot of LGPE's features.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I think if any LGPE features return, it might be the transfer from Pokemon GO feature- because "Pokemon GO" was an unused location text in Sun and Moon.

Reaction score
The concept of Pokémon fusion could be quite interesting if they executed it well, by doing it in a natural way just like the regional variants were.

Reaction score
I mean there are a couple of good LGPE features that they could use, the girl of the nature (kinda), the rides with big Pokémon... the Pokemon GO transfer too
Ohhh I forgot about the riding pokemon bit- yeah, that would be a good one to keep, or at least mix with PokeRides somehow. Some sort of expansion on the pokemon riding concept would be nice.

Following pokemon is another good feature that they should bring over from LGPE too- but again, improved so you don't have to constantly call your pokemon in and out of its pokeball to get it out of the way.

Reaction score
kinda hope the LGPE catch mechanics returns as a secondary catch methode.
really liked it, felt more engaging.

Reaction score
kinda hope the LGPE catch mechanics returns as a secondary catch methode.
really liked it, felt more engaging.
I don't. Three Excellent throws, Pokemon doesn't stay in the ball. Fourth throw is a nice, because you get frustrated and it stays in. Thats not a good balance. If you throw excellent, you should be rewarded with an instant capture instead of a pop-out.

Reaction score
I don't. Three Excellent throws, Pokemon doesn't stay in the ball. Fourth throw is a nice, because you get frustrated and it stays in. Thats not a good balance. If you throw excellent, you should be rewarded with an instant capture instead of a pop-out.
No it shouldnt, it's a modifier for a reason. Or catching legendary would be far too easy, even more then it already is.

ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Reaction score
I don't personally play LGPE, although I have friends that do and they've expressed their frustration on how even double excellent throws (where, from the best of my understanding, two people do excellent throws?) are able to be broken out of which is kinda nuts to me.

It just makes me wonder what real benefits it has vs just the regular way of statusing a wild Pokemon and just chucking Pokeballs at it. I'd rather not have that kind of thing for Gen 8.

Reaction score
No it shouldnt, it's a modifier for a reason. Or catching legendary would be far too easy, even more then it already is.
By that point you've probably got a ton of money and pokeballs anyway. And events just hand legendaries to you, so I don't know why struggling to get them to stay in a ball should be a thing- if you want to up the difficulty of legendary capture, make fighting them harder. Struggling to get them to stay in a ball doesn't really make things more fun or exciting.

Reaction score

It is already the 25th in Japan!! I think at the very least that we are just a day 1/2 or so away from at least a new Pokemon being revealed, and, hopefully a more complete reveal!

Reaction score
I don't personally play LGPE, although I have friends that do and they've expressed their frustration on how even double excellent throws (where, from the best of my understanding, two people do excellent throws?) are able to be broken out of which is kinda nuts to me.

It just makes me wonder what real benefits it has vs just the regular way of statusing a wild Pokemon and just chucking Pokeballs at it. I'd rather not have that kind of thing for Gen 8.
thats kindahypocrite through or do they also expect they say the same when the pokeball moves and stops 3 time but the pokemon still escsapes in the regular catch event?

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
Are you secretly a mod? Because no offense but you don't really get to judge what's off-topic here (omg this sounds so aggressive of me sorry)

Anyway, regarding the post above
"PC bag doesn't return" What does this mean? Player character bag, or pc item storage? Or is there a feature I missed in the newer games called a pc bag?
Pc box in the bag in LGPE that is what they are talking about so it means no party shuffle at any time

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Following and riding Pokémon features should definitely be back, in my opinion. And I like the Cerulean Psychic that sets a determinate nature for the Pokémon you’re going to catch.

As for the capture mechanism, I do think it’s something they might set for LG sequels. If it’ll be back,Though, I hope it’s integrated with wild battles.

Not Dead
Reaction score
thats kindahypocrite through or do they also expect they say the same when the pokeball moves and stops 3 time but the pokemon still escsapes in the regular catch event?
Agreed. I've seen people complain that it's too easy, and others say that it's too hard. It's neither if you know what you're doing, and it certainly makes catching legendaries less tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.