• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is something going on with the recent riddler talk, or was that just a hallucination of mine?

Is something going on with the recent riddler talk, or was that just a hallucination of mine?

Something happened, but it wasn’t good. The second Chinese Riddler (the one who leaked that USUM were 3DS games) popped up and apparently said that he’d seen the trailer, and it had brought tears to his eyes, but he turned out to be trolling us

There's a fake picture of pokemon direct running around, be careful.

I mean, if we get a Direct before or on the first day of Pokémonday, then it would be realistic if we get an announcement within 48 hours.

There's a few features I would like back from LGPE in Gen 8.

Overworld Wild Pokemon and letting Pokemon follow you. The Overworld Pokemon just made the world feel so much bigger and more immersive. It enhanced the experience so much. I don't think they need to do the big and small Pokemon like they did in Let's Go, since it's very much attatched to the GO games, but I do think it would be cool to have that little bit of species variation added in. Like i said though, it's not necessary, and I don't think they would add it in if they did overworld Pokemon. I do hope they keep the ability to see shininess in the overworld though. I got a shiny Butterfree Day 1 of LGPE, and nothing can explain the excitement heart pounding feeling as I ran to catch up with it. It felt so different than encountering a random shiny from in the grass. Still both very good though.

And of course having following Pokemon return would be absolutely awesome. We now have a system capable of handling it, and it is so fun being able to have you're partners travel alongside you. And in Let's Go they gave you the option to choose any Pokemon from you're party to follow you, that way the Pokemon who is following you doesn't have to be the one at the top of your party.

Selecting multiple Pokemon. Let's Go introduced a revolutionary thing to Pokemon games. The ability to transfer multiple Pokemon at once, because you can select multiple Pokemon and send them to the professor. I'm sure now that they have this in the games, that feature will be simply changed to transfer (unless they plan to do something with candies), and you will be able to transfer multiple Pokemon at once. That being said, this is the only thing I want back with the BOX. I like the formatting on the boxes in the main series games a lot more. So just those boxes, with Let's Go's multiple transfers.

____

I don't think I want to see those Let's Go catching mechanics back. In the beginning they were fun, and I loved not having to battle all the wild Pokemon to willde them down. That feature I really liked, but I hated the actual capture mechanics. They work a lot better for the beginner Pokemon, but there are so many Pokemon who like to jump around, or attack, or taunt you, and if they do that too much they will run away. Not to mention the capture mechanics were broken. I could swing the joycon in the same exact way as I did and it can still go in completely different directions. So many wasted Pokeballs.

____

This week is looking really good for some news, I can't wait to see what these next few days bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom