• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wait. Now there is talk that we're not going to get Gen 8 revealed in the next two days? What is going on?

Not Dead
Reaction score
Possible reveals on the 27th:
  1. The first real details about Movie 22, as well as confirmation of a worldwide theatrical release that isn't ridiculously limited.
  2. The theme park mentioned before.
  3. A Bluray and/or digital release of all anime seasons. The old DVDs are overpriced and Pokemon TV rotates the content.
  4. A game reveal.
No, these are not all going to happen on the same day for the obvious reason that news needs to be staggered.

Fire Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Wait. Now there is talk that we're not going to get Gen 8 revealed in the next two days? What is going on?
Nothing. People are just being pessimistic.
To be honest, people might’ve been to optimistic before (myself included.)

The truth stays in the middle. Both outcomes are possible, though any hint on one direction or the other lead people to either be optimistic or pessimistic. It’s quite natural.

Reaction score
The Pokemon day trailer is going to be "Visit Ryme City", isn't it? With a bunch of promotional locations and facts about the upcoming movie.
That makes sense because they're advertising 'non-canonical' places but my heart can't take much more disappointment so I'm just gonna keep grasping at straws ;___; One counter-argument might be that since they are focusing on regions instead of individual cities, Ryme City would either have be located in the new region or it's gonna be something else entirely.

Retired Smogon Player
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie -- I might have gotten my hopes a little to high for Pokemon Day announcement, and I'm starting to have second thoughts.

I really hope they throw us a curveball from their old patterns and give us a reveal on the 27th. I haven't seen any trademarks either :(

Reaction score
Pretty sure tomorrow would of been the best day to announce a direct. But now that the trailer is dropping tomorrow, I highly doubt it'll happen. So now all that we potentially have is a surprise reveal on the 27th (Pokemon Day) or a reveal at the end of the Treehouse events.

Status
Not open for further replies.