• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME encounters a spooky skeletal dragon. Watch here as he shouts physics at it, in the hopes of preventing it from KOing itself.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm always a sucker for Pokémon based off of inanimate objects, so those are always welcome! Manticores, gargoyles and bats in general would be very welcome as well; specially with the UK rumors going around, there are lots of European medieval motifs they could draw inspiration from. For the starters I want more unexpected type combos since those lead to very unique designs. A water/rock gargoyle (since they're supposed to be water spouts), a water/ghost wale/beluga/dolphin alluding to shipwrecks (although we already have Primarina being inspired by mermaids...), a grass/dark or grass/psychic sorcerer/druid bat, the fire/poison manticore every fakemon artist wants, a fire/ground deer... Aaaaaah~

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Well, how about a chocolate version of Vanillish? The lore could explain that the snow trapped dirt and eventually fell on its head. For those who don't know the Vannilish line, they are not actually ice cream, they are icicles with snow on top that just happened to take the shape of one.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
At this point I kind of want anything but the UK given the early rumors being so obnoxious.

Also, I feel like we will have another set of RPG class starters again since we've been getting them for the last two gens.

Well, how about a chocolate version of Vanillish? The lore could explain that the snow trapped dirt and eventually fell on its head. For those who don't know the Vannilish line, they are not actually ice cream, they are icicles with snow on top that just happened to take the shape of one.
Then you will have people trying to eat the dirty slush from it's head thinking it's really chocolate ice cream.

That's scary to think about.

Edit: wait no. Ice/poison regional variant might work.

Reaction score
At this point I kind of want anything but the UK given the early rumors being so obnoxious.

Also, I feel like we will have another set of RPG class starters again since we've been getting them for the last two gens.

View attachment 116203

Then you will have people trying to eat the dirty slush from it's head thinking it's really chocolate ice cream.

That's scary to think about.

Edit: wait no. Ice/poison regional variant might work.
  1. I agree with the UK rumors. I want an UK as far from now as possible.
  2. The Alola starters where based on performers, not RPG classes.
  3. Ewww...

Status
Not open for further replies.