• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pierce from the anime ever makes a return, he should be the leader of the new generation's villainous organization. Pierce's very last appearance to date was in "A Venipede Stampede".
I don't think we've ever had a character exclusive to the anime make an appearance in the games-even Ash is only restricted to his Pokemon.

Checks thread:
At last, the drought is over. The reign of the red overgrown lizard scum at an end. I said it didn't I? In the next few days, the floodgates would open and drown all in a vast sea of wonderful n wet glory. All hail Kyogre!

tumblr_ofeqoh7iI91rc0cy9o1_400.gif

CHOOOOO! CHOOOOOOOO! CHUGGA CHUGGA!

Last edited:
People like breaking away from the bipedal Fire/Fighting, and I've got a feeling this one's going to be even further from it than our last two were.
You know, an idea just popped in my head. What if the Fire-type starter's evolution HAS NO LEGS? Instead of having legs it just floats in the air.

Would people still trash on it because it's still not quadrupedal?

You know, an idea just popped in my head. What if the Fire-type starter's evolution HAS NO LEGS? Instead of having legs it just floats in the air.

Make him not have head too :confused:

Wait what? BW2 is the best pokemon game, IMO.
When it was first released people were pissed it wasn't the Gen III remakes, that it was still on the DS when everything else was headed for the 3DS, and some people called it a pointless cash grab. Especially since before then there has only been one third version. By splitting them up people thought they were trying to get people to pay more for something that could just be one, advanced version, of the original games that they were holding out for (Grey).

Personally I liked all of Gen V. Since it was pretty much the first game to explore plot and the alternate timelines.

When it was first released people were pissed it wasn't the Gen III remakes, that it was still on the DS when everything else was headed for the 3DS, and some people called it a pointless cash grab. Especially since before then there has only been one third version. By splitting them up people thought they were trying to get people to pay more for something that could just be one, advanced version, of the original games that they were holding out for (Grey).

Personally I liked all of Gen V. Since it was pretty much the first game to explore plot and the alternate timelines.
It was a sequel instead of the third versions cash grab, the post game was honestly amazing.
letting me get riolu before first gym was a huge bonus.

Who wants to take bets in this generations most hated and loved starters?
Every generation this happens as soon as they're revealed
Bw all hated
Xy chespin hated (screw you guys chespin js awesome)
Sm popplio was hated
Betting fire will be the most hated this gen and water will be the most loved

Wasn't Snivy a meme when Gen 5 was first unveiled? I remember a lot of fans playing around with its smug image back in the day and that made hugely popular until the games came out.

As for 6, I think it was Froakie who was more 'hated', though I don't think any of them were that unpopular.

I don’t think they’d.

To be clear, though, I don’t think most hates fire starter’ final stage design. I like/love most of them (with the exception of Emboar), for example. What I disliked was:

1) Three consecutive Fire/Fightning Fire starters in thei final stage (and while Incineroar isn’t, its design is clearly based on a wrestler.)

2) The fact that they always turn quadrupedal Fire starter in bipedal, while the same thing doesn’t happen to the other starters. And for Litten, it’s worse since they made the second stage quadrupedal.

Given my preference usually for fire starters, it’s not that big of a deal, but I’d like to see once a Fire starter that’s either quadrupedal or not bipedal (like a snake, for example).

If Pierce from the anime ever makes a return, he should be the leader of the new generation's villainous organization. Pierce's very last appearance to date was in "A Venipede Stampede".
The closest thing we got from an anime character appearing in the games was Alain, and it was only a mention. If we count the Spaceworld Demo, then Ash also counts since "Primeape Goes Bananas" was playing on a TV in the demo.

Sadfacing because I realize I'm gonna be stuck at work when the Direct airs. =( And still stuck there for hours afterward. It's gonna be such a long day.

The closest thing we got from an anime character appearing in the games was Alain, and it was only a mention. If we count the Spaceworld Demo, then Ash also counts since "Primeape Goes Bananas" was playing on a TV in the demo.
What about the Team Rocket trio...? They were in Yellow and Let's Go.

From 4chan:
>Trailer starts
its a cloudy bright sky with a couple bird pokemon in it
camera pans down to a small town
a couple NPCs interact with each other
turning 45 degress in place and using the talking/waving animation from gen 7
a remix of the pokemon main theme quietly starts and picks up as a young trainer enters the view and walks to a building
"Meet all new Pokemon!"
starter reveal
"And many new trainers!"
montage of different trainer classes in battle
"Including your rival!"
short ingame battle scene against him losing to the protag, followed by short scene of him rubbing his neck while smiling flustered next to the protagonist and calling them a strong trainer
"And familiar faces!"
Lillie shows up
More gameplay footage
models and animations are reused
at some point salamence can be seen, still flying in battle
no word on megas and z moves
catch system reworked to pre-LGPE, everyone hails GF as geniuses for listening to the fans because of that
You guys hyped for tomorrow?

It was a sequel instead of the third versions crash grab, the post game was honestly amazing.
letting me get riolu before first gym was a huge bonus.
Exactly. But since this was the first time it was a sequel people didn't like it and nobody would believe people that said they were sequels. They still cried over how they were pointless and could just be combined to make one sequel and combine both games in the neutral universe where both brothers picked kyuurem.

It was theorized at one point that their "failure" was why we never really got Pokemon Z. Even though we know now that it was because of the remakes since USUM were a thing.

What about the Team Rocket trio...? They were in Yellow and Let's Go.
Speaking of the alternate timelines, I'm pretty sure Yellow and Let's Go aren't connected to the main timeline at all. They're in their own little sub pocket where the line between anime and games are blurred.

Wasn't Snivy a meme when Gen 5 was first unveiled? I remember a lot of fans playing around with its smug image back in the day and that made hugely popular until the games came out.

As for 6, I think it was Froakie who was more 'hated', though I don't think any of them were that unpopular.
Nah froakie was in the meh category for just being another frog. Chespin was being made out to grass oshawott and everyone was losing their damn minds over fenniken

Sadfacing because I realize I'm gonna be stuck at work when the Direct airs. =( And still stuck there for hours afterward. It's gonna be such a long day.

The Direct will last 7 minutes, the trailer of the games should last much less than that. You can watch the trailer on any break you have, if you want to.

Oh my god! I'm so hyped right now! Unfortunately i'll be at work during the direct, but as soon as I come back home, i'll watch it . I'm hoping we'll see the starters, some gameplay, the legendary and maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom