• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME returns to his hometown to defend it against invasion from Team Galactic. Watch here as he battles against Commander Mars for the second time.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pokémon enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Fire and Water starters. The choice will depend on the last evolutions, it seems. As much as my dream region has always been Italy, UK sounds just as good. The graphics will take a while to get used to, mainly because I expected something more like BotW graphics, but I suppose both the graphics will get better until the release and they will look better to my eyes by then.

I've been wondering if it was a mistake to buy Switch for Pokémon after LGPE, but so far, I am leaning toward "No, it wasn't".

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
I knew that they wouldn't call the games "Crown & Scepter" or "King & Queen".
Yes, but they're all connected. I'm surprised nobody said Knight and Horse or Castle and Moat.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Hopefully I can convince my brother to get shield... because odds are I'll be getting sword since that's the cold colored version and my preferred pokemon somehow always end up with that.

): I'm so sad following pokemon isn't back. Gamefreak, seriously. What in the heckin is you thinking.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Also, it looks like following Pokemon is not returning unless it is optional. The protags also appear to be of the older variety similar to BW & XY. Additionally, we only get one glimpse of a protag in an alternate outfit, but it looks like a soccer uniform, so it might be for some new feature.

Reaction score
i'm wishing for scorbunny to be fire fairy.

And did anyone see the grass thingy? Scorbunny steps in and burns the grass, Sobble extinguishes the fire, and grookey made the grass grow. Around all the mechanical things. I think this is something hinting bout the plot? Idk whaddyall think?

Reaction score
I was hoping to have a more expansive map this time, and it is going to be incredible linear from the looks over. Straight up. I love the appearance, but I was kind of hoping for me. Still I guess it’s just traditional pokemon, but I was really hoping for something new for the switch. :/ a battling style difference. Something. I suppose it’s still possible, but unlikely. I need evos to decide anything on the starters. Not a fan.

Reaction score
Games look amazing!

Sword and Shield were rumored titles; cool to see that come to pass.
I'm a grass starter guy, so I'll probably choose Grookey, but the other too are
not bad at all! (I usually play with each starter depending on how many copies I end
up getting!)

As for version- I'll probably go with Shield; my brother will get Sword, etc.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Now we wait for leaks of the starter evolutions. Hopefully I like them more than the starters' base stages, I'm not a big fan of these.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I hope the legendaries will be medieval themed, it just fits so perfectly in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.