• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think I'm team scorbunny or team soddle all the way. I really don't care for the grass monkey.
Also, I wonder if the logos gave the legendaries away. Are they both going to be wolves? Or at least one of them?
The gyms look sick though!

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
I am just so overwhelmed with joy and pride that we are the host region for the next set of games. It's been obvious for a while but to still have it officially confirmed is next level stuff.

I can't wait to invite all Pokemon fans to the Galar region later on this year. First time on a home console it's guaranteed to be epic!!!

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Looking at it with a calmer mind, it looks like the scenery and music are the best things about it. The Fire starter is the only one I like a little, that too because it’s speedy.
WHY NO FOLLOWING POKÉMON GF
No overworld encounters either...

Guess I can play it as a visual novel?

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
No sign of following Pokemon or overworld Pokemon. I will have to look back at the Let's Go titles to see if they showed either of these in the beginning. I won't be devastated if it doesn't happen, after all these are very big games. But at the same time that does leave me hope that they just haven't fully put it into the games or were showing it off yet because they did say they wanted to make these games as big as possible.

If following Pokemon does happen, I hope we can have an option to have are starters on us. I can see the player holding Scorbunny, Sobble sitting on the player's head, and Grookey sitting on the player's shoulder. It's just a wish, but dang that would be awesome.

On the Road to Home
Reaction score
So its finally revealed. Is it time to start speculating Gen IX yet? Anyways part of the region does seem Sweden like, but I can very easily see the connections between it and Britain. Hope fully the starters grow on my cause they just didn't do it for me like previous gens have.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
I was the only thinking it's kalos in the first few sceonds of the trailer ?

Reaction score
Grooky looks the best. I don't particularly like Scorbunny or Soddle or whatever it was called, but they aren't the worse starters (Gen 5/6) so at least that's something.

A pity that there are no overworld Pokemon and following Pokemon, not sure why they continuously get rid of features people like.

The region doesn't look huge, but that aside, it looks pretty good. No more crappy console frame rate.

蒼い炎
Reaction score
Just beautiful... The attention to detail, the vertical spaces, the new shell-shaded style for the Pokémon, that spooky forest, and that move animation for Lucario, SO EPIC!!!!! Grookey is by far my favorite first stage starter. At the end with that scene with the big stadium, the player character was wearing a shirt with the same red and blue symbol that's also in the Japanese logos for the games, it should be something very significant. I would've rather seen a region based on another country, but I can't complain because this looks absolutely gorgeous.

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
So its finally revealed. Is it time to start speculating Gen IX yet? Anyways part of the region does seem Sweden like, but I can very easily see the connections between it and Britain. Hope fully the starters grow on my cause they just didn't do it for me like previous gens have.
Sweden is close and that's most likely Scotland.
Feel a little disappointed Wales does not seem to be included but I appreciate I was never going to get everything I want.

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
Loving the region. It just looks so pretty. Scorbunny and Sobble look cute :eek:.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
THE HYPE TRAIN IS HERE!! EVERYONE ON BOARD! CHOO CHOO! NEXT STOP! THE GALAR REGION!

I am so hype! My thoughts also
  • The graphics look incredible!
  • UK region confirmed! It looks incredible!
  • The trainer designs look awesome!
  • Please, oh PLEASE tell me you’re hiding following Pokemon
  • I love the starters! Scorbunny, Grookey, and Sobble are adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.