• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I imagine it would. I don't think they would bail on it after bringing it back for Sun and Moon.
They also brought it back for LGPE. If I recall correctly, they didn't show customization for either game in the first trailer, they concentrated in the default design.

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
Also, anyone disappointed in how small the region is? But are those two little islands to the left?

Also, that calendar did turn out to be a hint after all.
We can't really know that for sure now. It seemed pretty big to me. Let's wait for more details.

Reaction score
I have a Grooky suspicion this is gonna be a December/Christmas release, because that is the vibe i am getting.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Seriously?
Everyone in the end of a leak season in the end basks in the hype and it is usually never cared who was on which 'side'. The community is in it together.

Never mind that gloating is actually against the rules here if I'm not mistaken.

Unrelated: The forums arent down and slow (atleast not as much as previous seasons!) kudos to the behind the scenes working team and the mods for bearing with us for 2 (?) long threads!
Congrats and a thank you to @Pyrax and all the other mods!
I mean those that think the next region is based on the UK that is shunned from speaking for so long.

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
Already planning to get both. As usual. Because I enjoy the games.

Reminds me, I need to go back to working on my fanfic...

Reaction score
Look at 00:27. The female trainer is litterally sneaking into pikachu as if she sees it (kinda like dexnav), this may mean they simply cut the overworld pokemon from the trailer...but when pikachu appears it is covered in shadow like past pokemon encounters...so I really don't know.

Reaction score
So someone named James Turner was in charge of the designs and that right there should have given away where the region was going to be. Turner is British, so of course he would have a bias. Where the new region was going to be was under our nose the entire time. Also, did anyone notice Hadrian's Wall on the map?

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
So someone named James Turner was in charge of the designs and that right there should have given away where the region was going to be. Turner is British, so of course he would have a bias. Where the new region was going to be was under our nose the entire time. Also, did anyone notice Hadrian's Wall on the map?
James Turner has drawn multiple pokemon for GF since Gen V though.

Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed you can already see the type of gym before you enter it.

Cosmic Pikachu
Reaction score
Turner has been working with GameFreak since the Black and White days. The first Westerner to work for the company. Several of his designs have been in previous games including the Phantump line

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
Can someone from England tell me why the trainers backpacks are so firkin' huge?

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
In all honesty, I am a little disappointed the region is in the U.K., but on the bright side, it does look really beautiful.
I feel much the same way (Well, it isn't the UK, so much as mainland Britain). But I've said it before, and it's fair to repeat - Game Freak usually do a good job of doing more than just reproducing Japanese pop stereotypes. Whether I'll get this game will have nothing to do with the region, but if I do, I'll keep an open mind

Status
Not open for further replies.