• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you came back! <3

But yeah, apparently Spike Chunsoft is announcing three 3DS games and one Switch game on the 23rd? So everyone's looking to see if there's going to be a PMD game announced.

Personally, I feel like we're going to have some big main series news hit between now and late April, since that's when the likely new eeveelution will be revealed. *bounces* So exciiiiiite, c'mon Nintendo, drop us a bone!
But they will not make a direct just for PMD/Zeraora, right? I seriously hope the first direct will be about gen 8, otherwise I can already imagine the hate GF will go through. XD
I mean, maybe if a new PMD exists it will be just revealed through a trailer and then probably covered in the direct later.
About eevee, if that black mark is actually a new eeveelution then imo the direct will be before its reveal cause they need to mark a border between Zeraora and the new gen or people will be confused about all these new close reveals and what games they belong to.

Glad you came back! <3

But yeah, apparently Spike Chunsoft is announcing three 3DS games and one Switch game on the 23rd? So everyone's looking to see if there's going to be a PMD game announced.

Personally, I feel like we're going to have some big main series news hit between now and late April, since that's when the likely new eeveelution plush will be revealed. *bounces* So exciiiiiite, c'mon Nintendo, drop us a bone!

No. One Switch game while other 3 are unknown. (2 of these I'm 100% sure are PS4/Steam and PS4/Steam/PSVITA)

Last edited:
Okay, about the reboot rumors that have been seen as credible, could it be that the "reboot" actually refers to something in-universe rather than the franchise? Like maybe there's some ancient artifact that goes haywire and we have to shut it down and start it back up again. Or perhaps there's a mysterious force rebooting the history of the new region every time the denizens either stay from tradition or stop regular innovation depending on the version you are playing.

But they will not make a direct just for PMD/Zeraora, right? I seriously hope the first direct will be about gen 8, otherwise I can already imagine the hate GF will go through. XD
I mean, maybe if a new PMD exists it will be just revealed through a trailer and then probably covered in the direct later.
About eevee, if that black mark is actually a new eeveelution then imo the direct will be before its reveal cause they need to mark a border between Zeraora and the new gen or people will be confused about all these new close reveals and what games they belong to.
I don't know that we'll be getting a Direct on PMD, I think Spike Chunsoft was just releasing their own thing to cover games they plan to release this year, so it's kind of a separate deal? Do Directs normally cover PMD announcements?

I guess there's also blastoise DLC or whatever coming for Pokken (I don't play or really follow Pokken, so I don't know what's up XD) but that may be released at an upcoming Pokken event on the 17th, if I remember the date right.

They might announce Zeraora in a Direct or just a tiny wittle trailer like Marshadow got... maybe a CoroCoro, depending on if it's in the movie or how much they care about it at this stage.

One thing I can't figure is how the Zeraora/new eeveelution/new game announcements will pan out. Will they try to reveal them together or separately? Separately seems to make more sense but how do you announce Zeraora and new eeveelution separately but their plushies at the same time? Assuming one of the plushies is also Zeraora.

No. One Switch game while other 3 are unknown. (2 of those I'm 100% sure a PS4/Steam and PS4/Steam/PSVITA)

Oh I didn't realize Spike Chunsoft didn't just do Nintendo games. XD I don't... play many games, so I don't follow what they do.

The Chinese Riddler and another Chinese poster were wondering if the games should even be considered Generation 8 as opposed to resetting the count.

The Chinese Riddler and another Chinese poster were wondering if the games should even be considered Generation 8 as opposed to resetting the count.
I know we've discussed generations before as being defined by new pokemon or new engines, but neither of these definitions should warrant resetting the count? Unless they're throwing out all 800+ pokemon we have so far, which I can't see happening.

I think the only justification of resetting the generation count would be from the engine point of view as a "first generation on a console instead of a handheld" but Switch is kind of a hybrid console so... I don't see any necessity in resetting the count in that regard either.

Could also say something about the games in that they're drastically different from what we're used to in some way, but I also can't see them really doing anything particularly drastic with it. We saw their idea of "big changes" and "going outside the box" with Sun and Moon... it was still the same box, just with a new coat of paint.

I don't know that we'll be getting a Direct on PMD, I think Spike Chunsoft was just releasing their own thing to cover games they plan to release this year, so it's kind of a separate deal? Do Directs normally cover PMD announcements?

I guess there's also blastoise DLC or whatever coming for Pokken (I don't play or really follow Pokken, so I don't know what's up XD) but that may be released at an upcoming Pokken event on the 17th, if I remember the date right.

They might announce Zeraora in a Direct or just a tiny wittle trailer like Marshadow got... maybe a CoroCoro, depending on if it's in the movie or how much they care about it at this stage.

One thing I can't figure is how the Zeraora/new eeveelution/new game announcements will pan out. Will they try to reveal them together or separately? Separately seems to make more sense but how do you announce Zeraora and new eeveelution separately but their plushies at the same time? Assuming one of the plushies is also Zeraora.
If I do remember well, Sylveon plushie was revelead after Sylveon announcement. The most logic scenario would be:
- Late March/early April: Zeraora with new movie trailer.
- Mid April: Gen 8 and Zephyreon.
- Mid April: Corocoro covering the eeveelution and announcing it will be in the movie, like it did with Sylveon.
- Late April: plushies' reveal.

I still don't know if those scans with the merchandise are meant to be pubblic or if they are leaks. However I don't think it would be a great problem to reveal the plushies together, they would all be covered as movie stuff like lugia and Pikachu not as two different things.
My real problem here, if the eeveelution exists, let's be clear, is to understand why they have decided to make April so busy when they had 3 months to release Zeraora.

If I do remember well, Sylveon plushie was revelead after Sylveon announcement. The most logic scenario would be:
- Late March/early April: Zeraora with new movie trailer.
- Mid April: Gen 8 and Zephyreon.
- Mid April: Corocoro covering the eeveelution and announcing it will be in the movie, like it did with Sylveon.
- Late April: plushies' reveal.

I still don't know if those scans with the merchandise are meant to be pubblic or if they are leaks. However I don't think it would be a great problem to reveal the plushies together, they would all be covered as movie stuff like lugia and Pikachu not as two different things.
My real problem here, if the eeveelution exists, let's be clear, is to understand why they have decided to make April so busy when they had 3 months to release Zeraora.
Maybe because Detective Pikachu needed all the help it could get? XD

That does seem like a reasonable timeline, though. =D

Maybe because Detective Pikachu needed all the help it could get? XD

That does seem like a reasonable timeline, though. =D
Detective Pikachu needs a miracle from my point of view...

I know we've discussed generations before as being defined by new pokemon or new engines, but neither of these definitions should warrant resetting the count? Unless they're throwing out all 800+ pokemon we have so far, which I can't see happening.
The only thing I think might warrant that kind of thinking is going back to Kanto, but with a lot of changes. Some people may prefer to call that "Generation 1 Prime" or maybe "Generation 0" in the event of prequels.

And yes, I realize that the Japanese Riddler has claimed that it's a soft reboot ala BW, but the Chinese Riddler is the one with a proven track record.

The only thing I think might warrant that kind of thinking is going back to Kanto, but with a lot of changes. Some people may prefer to call that "Generation 1 Prime" or maybe "Generation 0" in the event of prequels.

And yes, I realize that the Japanese Riddler has claimed that it's a soft reboot ala BW, but the Chinese Riddler is the one with a proven track record.
Wait, resetting the count?

...Did Game Freak just render Pokémon Bank useless? They'll pretty much be throwing away a good chunk of their fanbase if they reset the number of Pokémon available in the next games, especially if they only keep the Gen 1 Pokémon and throw out the rest.

That doesn't have to be the case at all.
Then what defines a "reboot" then?

Also, are we sure this is referring to the series as a whole as opposed to being something related to the plot of the game?

I remember an interview made by the president of the pokemon company saying they hoped to bring Pokebank and Global link to the DX. Imo they will not get rid of 700 pokemon, it's really not likely. Reboot may be intened in a lot of senses, but this one is really the only one I feel safe to say it's not gonna happen.

That still seems kinda silly to reset it for a return to Kanto... even with major changes, that still sounds like a remake. It's pretty much an ORAS scenario unless they went with really major changes, in which case.... Game Freak, no. You know how people treat Kanto. You know the fanbase will scream. Just... just put the Switch down and back away, Game Freak. It's okay. We can come up with a new region. You've done it before. It will all be okay.

/vp/ - http://www.banpresto.jp/prize/00453.html - Pokémon - 4chan - What do you think? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom