• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand people who can watch Pokemon/Game Freak tearing up the rule book in front of their eyes and still quote it.
SM was revealed in March (well last day of Feb) but coverage didn't really begin until May/June, there were complaints from fandom about the long gap. The long gap only exists for main releases, remakes/sequels whatever USUM were, are quite regularly revealed in May/June. It's not that big a leap to move the initial entries to that schedule officially, as seen previously they are effectively already on it anyway

I really don't understand people who can watch Pokemon/Game Freak tearing up the rule book in front of their eyes and still quote it.
SM was revealed in March (well last day of Feb) but coverage didn't really begin until May/June, there were complaints from fandom about the long gap. The long gap only exists for main releases, remakes/sequels whatever USUM were, are quite regularly revealed in May/June. It's not that big a leap to move the initial entries to that schedule officially, as seen previously they are effectively already on it anyway
They had news droughts for USUM, so they would not start promoting the games until August/September. That's too short of an interval to reveal information for a new gen.

Ok, you know what? I think it's time I slam my foot down and be a bitch for once.

People, can we PLEASE for the love of Zeraora STOP ARGUING about 2018 VS 2019? Zeraora being revealed in April doesn't mean shit when we got multiple credible "leakers" And webmasters hinting at 2018. Just, stop.
XD Honestly, we kinda already established that whether it's 2018 or 2019, it's probably only going to be a couple months of difference. I find the debate silly at this point.

Eevee with a bandage, holy fucking shit lol

Basically...
If Kanto gets revamped too drastically, it alienates older players.

Does it really, though? Like, how many people exactly are pining for the Saffron City that’s 90% interiorless filler houses? How many people will be “alienated” if the route between Saffron and Celadon is more than just a small nook of grass? And it ain’t like a revised Kanto would suddenly have a completely different layout with Cinnabar in the north or Mt. Moon in the center or anything like that. I don’t think most older players would be too upset as long as it still had all the recognizable landmarks and the same Pokémon and lots of references to the originals. Iconography is stronger than pixels. Yeah, some fans didn’t like ORAS’s Mauville City mega-complex, but I think most people could probably agree that it was an improvement over the relatively barren original. So just take that practice and implement it on a region-wide scale.

It's entirely possible for the games to be announced in May and to just have a constant news rollout until release

With Zeraora out of the way, we know it's extremely likely for a new gen to hit next (or well, new pokemon at least) since what are they going to do for M22? Even if they continue down the reboot line and do hoenn, there's nothing they could stick in the movie alongside whatever legendary they choose to showcase.

wait, eevee with a bandage?
it's happening
9ed215cc69d4a37ce40773afd7beae71.jpg

and now we have even more fans and credible sources debating between 2018 and 2019 for the release after that Zeraora reveal lol Because we are in such unfamiliar territory, we really cant examine previous patterns. Anything could happen at this stage. Realistically at this stage, the merch reveals and patterns are our only ensured data we can look at now.

Seriously it is from beginning clear that this game comes 2019 autumn/winter.
Everyone should just look at japan release date of every main pokemon game, and you know what i mean.

What I don't understand is why you are acting like we discovered that Zeraora was going to be revealed just 5 minutes ago. We knew about it yesterday, so why now the games cannot come out in 2018? What changed exactly?

Everyone should just look at japan release date of every main pokemon game, and you know what i mean.

So when the company says they are aiming for 2018 that obviously means 2019?
Also you think they can spin this out until late 2019? What will be the giveaway in the July 2019 movie.
What are they going to fill the anime with, 1.5 years of filler?

except we know from TPCi job listings and what not that they've been in the localisation phase for the games. It could be for spinoffs, but the listings mention strategy guides, compressed schedules etc. It's evident that a late 2018 release is intended

I was specifically talking about people who grew up with the originals.

Yes I grew up with the originals. We are not all connected to 1 hive mind. Why is it when it comes to speculating about the games, in a speculation thread everything is dismissed with "no evidence for that, i doubt that, doesn't mean anything" but you then think its ok to speculate and generalise in a derogatory manner about whole age groups and sections of people?

Eevee with a bandage, holy fucking shit lol

Does it really, though? Like, how many people exactly are pining for the Saffron City that’s 90% interiorless filler houses? How many people will be “alienated” if the route between Saffron and Celadon is more than just a small nook of grass? And it ain’t like a revised Kanto would suddenly have a completely different layout with Cinnabar in the north or Mt. Moon in the center or anything like that. I don’t think most older players would be too upset as long as it still had all the recognizable landmarks and the same Pokémon and lots of references to the originals. Iconography is stronger than pixels. Yeah, some fans didn’t like ORAS’s Mauville City mega-complex, but I think most people could probably agree that it was an improvement over the relatively barren original. So just take that practice and implement it on a region-wide scale.

Does making those houses accessible and expanding that nook of grass enhance the game enough for everyone else, though? My concern is "what makes this game interesting enough for the people sick of Kanto while tame enough for the people who still love it"? What innovations would be impressive enough to be on par with a new region, without tearing up an old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom