• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that nothing else new besides Zeraora isn't even being hinted at. Maybe what we think of as Gen 8 in a traditional sense isn't happening?

This is probably the best place for this;

I had a very distinctive and memorable dream last night. It was loosely about Gen 8.

From what I remember;

Psyduck - Ice
Golduck - Ice/Psychic (it was also very dark blue)
Eevee got regional evolutions - Flareon (Fire/Dark), Vaporeon (Water/Ice), Jolteon (Electeic/Ground). Flareon was waaaay more fluffy, and kind of purple, Vaporeon was silver and Jolteon was more spiky
Oddish - Fire/Grass
Wobbuffet - He was at the meeting where all these pokemon got type changes, but was turned away. I think he was supposed to be Dark, but wasn't allowed it?
The Nidoran lines swapped colours. Nidoran M and Nidorino were pure Ground, Nidoking was Ground/Dragon. Nidoran F and Nidorina were pure poison and Nidoqueen was Poison/Dragon
Chansey was Fairy and refused to sit beside Golduck
Jynx was Ice/Fairy and looked completely different

Ok Poke-prophet, I'm gonna hold you up to it. Give me a redesigned Jynx or I will riot.

I guess we are also looking at a new era of movies lately, so who knows if next gen teasers are even a thing anymore- it's a new studio that's handling them, isn't it? They could be keeping those animators in the dark now for security reasons. Might not trust them yet, who knows? It does seem like even CoroCoro was getting less upcoming news, so the progression towards news mainly coming directly from the Pokemon company itself may be a growing trend where even the movies are being denied intel.

Could be a response to the Gen 7 starter evos getting leaked, since those were animation reference sheets, right?

Last edited:
Corocoro is coming up but will be just a recap of everything shown.

Though even with it being less news heavy, it still did cover Marshadow's Z-Move over two months (It's got a secret one month and then the reveal the next) but back to the topic of Zeraora, with nothing...

I guess we are also looking at a new era of movies lately, so who knows if next gen teasers are even a thing anymore- it's a new studio that's handling them, isn't it? They could be keeping those animators in the dark now for security reasons. Might not trust them yet, who knows? It does seem like even CoroCoro was getting less upcoming news, so the progression towards news mainly coming directly from the Pokemon company itself may be a growing trend where even the movies are being denied intel.

Thinking on it now... I get what you're saying. I know the starter leak was from the anime side of things but I guess you could say with a new gen mon (So like if Magearna was leaked weeks before Corocoro did) being leaked from a studio making their first ever Pokemon film would look super bad, so who knows what levels of trust there is.

Corocoro is coming up but will be just a recap of everything shown.

Though even with it being less news heavy, it still did cover Marshadow's Z-Move over two months (It's got a secret one month and then the reveal the next) but back to the topic of Zeraora, with nothing...
Last year corocoro didn't even mention Marshadow in April. I wouldn't be even so sure it will feature a recap of the last news. It didn't last year.

So what are those?

Attachments

• IMG_20180409_153923.png
    IMG_20180409_153923.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 133
So what are those?
XD ...hopefully not the future replacement for Tomy's figurines, because they look awful.

Oh, but two secrets! One's probably Zeraora and the other.... eevee gimmick? Man we have got to see what's up with this eevee. I find it hard to believe that it's just bandages, that's ridiculous as all heck.

So what are those?

That reminds me...

Remember when Paul had teased that he saw something new other than Zeraora in the merch but couldn't divulge any info about it till after April 26th or something like that? Those tweets seemed to have been deleted now.

@Joker901 I know right? Bandaged Eevee makes me sad...:X3::cry:

I still don't understand why someone should buy a bandaged leg eevee XD
The same reason we buy a Pichu with a strange ear?
Or maybe they can advertise it as- "Eevee's sick and looking for love! Make it your own and help it heal!" XD

XD ...hopefully not the future replacement for Tomy's figurines, because they look awful.
The Buzzwole and Xurkitree figures remind me of something out of power ranger figurines...
E5EB8CE0-DF4C-41EF-BEB7-CFA90BF419F4.jpeg

Oh, but two secrets! One's probably Zeraora and the other.... eevee gimmick? Man we have got to see what's up with this eevee. I find it hard to believe that it's just bandages, that's ridiculous as all heck.
Inb4 Eevee succumbs to its life-threatening injuries and Zeraora's attacks, and returns from the dead as a ghost type Eeveelution.

well, we don't have to wait too long to discover if eevee's gimmick is the bandage. The mystery will be revealed on April 26th. This means that they may announce something else before that date or just confirm the bandage on the 26th.

...am I bad person for wanting this? XD

Wait... I just had an idea/theory.

So... Eevee is on the verge of death due to its injuries, and one of Zeraora's moves hits it, and then Lugia revives it as "Turbo Eevee" (or whatever the Gen 8 gimmick is called) just like Ho-oh revived three Pokemon as the legendary beasts.

Wait... I just had an idea/theory.

So... Eevee is on the verge of death due to its injuries, and one of Zeraora's moves hits it, and then Lugia revives it as "Turbo Eevee" (or whatever the Gen 8 gimmick is called) just like Ho-oh revived three Pokemon as the legendary beasts.
Well, it will need a miracle to be revived from death. Oh, wait!
"Everyone's friendship, both people's and Pokémon's, will now cause a miracle to occur."

Oh man, if they're going to make bandaged eevee a thing... can you imagine them making it into an event mon? Like... dusk lycanroc. You get a literal bandaged eevee in game? And fight with it? Talk about making people feel bad.

Or what if it's a new game mechanic- your injured pokemon start getting bandages on them.

....everything about making bandaged eevee into a gimmick sounds terrible. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom