• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not to be rude but how do we define a generation exactly? Isnt it define by a brand new hardware or a brand new region and brand new sets of pokemon.

I personally thinks a new generation meant a brand new region and brand new set of pokemon for that region

Usum is an exception because the pokemon that were introduced there can be argued as pokemon not caught in sumo timeline but existed there.

So how do you define a new generation?
It's hard to define the actual meaning of a pokemon generation. However I wouldn't consider usum that different from past 3rd games. I mean nothing new was found in Alola. Gen 7 is the multiverse gen so the new ubs come from different worlds than Alola, this is why there's no problem with them being introduced mid-gen. It's basically the same scenario of Mewtwo being available in usum but not in s/m: in the last games we had access to other worlds that were not available in the original games.
Even Zeraora does fit entirly cause mythicals are revealed after the games release and we only know about them because of datamining. If datamining was not a thing we wouldn't have known that it's different from Genesect being introduced in 2012 after BW2. My biggest question however is why it was not coded in s/m like all the other mythicals cause we cannot download/trade it to s/m. I mean, this does not make any sense. I can understand why the new ubs cannot be found in the oiriginal games but why exactly is Zeraora usum exclusive?

Typically, it's a set of games that can interact with each other outside of Pokébank.. For example, X/Y and OR/AS can all trade between one another and even do link battles and such, providing that the Pokémon/moves are compatible. It's the same with S/M and US/UM, or B/W and B2/W2.

If the way that you thought of it was true, then OR/AS wouldn't be Gen 6 games because they don't feature a new landmass.
Lol what i have explain makes oras gen 6 didnt i just explain that a new generation is made by new region and set of pokemon making oras gen 6 along with xy lol

Lol what i have explain makes oras gen 6 didnt i just explain that a new generation is made by new region and set of pokemon making oras gen 6 along with xy lol

Fair enough.

You're welcome to define a new generation however you like, the point is that it can be defined in multiple ways and a new landmass and new Pokémon does not necessarily equate new generation.

I can understand why the new ubs cannot be found in the oiriginal games but why exactly is Zeraora usum exclusive?

I sort of view Zeraora being USUM only due to what happened with Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Datamined December 2013, Volcanion wasn't distributed till 2016. They could have realized it happened and hence why Zeraora wasn't in SM cause it wouldn't be out till 2018 so left it for the next game being USUM.

I know we still got a datamine but like Zeraora distribution should be October for us so what 11 months VS 3 years?

At least that's how I view (Probs not the reason but I like the idea).

Last edited:
So Yokai Watch 4 is pretty much confirmed for Switch, given that it seems that on the next Famitsu issue the could show the logo, do you guys think Game Freak should say something about their game? I pretty much think that they have rivalry with YW so they shouldn't let them take advantage in this matter, since kids are the "focus" of both games.

View: https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/status/983631250727620608

View: https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/status/983654791644614657

They needn't say anything really, comparing Units sold, there's no contest between the two

Yokai Watch's Best Selling Main Series Game:
2014 Nintendo 3DS Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso & Honke 2.958 Million

Pokémon's Worst Selling Main Series Game:
2004 GBA Pokémon Emerald 6.32 Million

Also for Further Reference:
2016 3DS Pokémon Sun & Moon 16.05 Million

I sort of view Zeraora being USUM only due to what happened with Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Datamined December 2013, Volcanion wasn't distributed till 2016. They could have realized it happened and hence why Zeraora wasn't in SM cause it wouldn't be out till 2018 so left it for the next game being USUM.

I know we still got a datamine but like Zeraora distribution should be October for us so what 11 months VS 3 years?

At least that's how I view (Probs not the reason but I like the idea).
I don't think they really care about them being discovered early. They left everything in s/m demo after oras demo being datamined so I don't think they left it out for this reason. It was datamined 6 months before its official reveal instead of 1.5 years before but it was datamined anyway.
Maybe they just wanted to force people buying usum knowing that they were not worthbuying XD.

I seem to recall that someone here mentioned ages back that a yokai watch game or games sold better than gen 6 did in Japan and that’s why gen 7 was rushed ahead of schedule or something ? Wasn’t yokai watch in Japan a while back a really big thing before it dropped in popularity?

I have mixed feelings on seasons.

On one hand, I love seasons. They provide variety and realism to the overworld/nature. Seasons have tons of potential to be fun and provide a lot of fun variations of Pokemon, evolutions, etc.

BUT changing the seasons monthly really didn't work for me. It was too damn long. Want to get into a season specific area, item, or get a season specific appearance rate? Wait a month or more. It was insane.

So, alternatively, I have two potential solutions:
1. Design the region such that it is split into 4 sub-regions, each of which has a permanent season. Or,
2. Change seasons weekly
3? Introduce a Pokemon (probably a legend) with a move that can change seasons (in battle effect changing it's type to either ice, grass, fire, or normal)

I seem to recall that someone here mentioned ages back that a yokai watch game or games sold better than gen 6 did in Japan and that’s why gen 7 was rushed ahead of schedule or something ? Wasn’t yokai watch in Japan a while back a really big thing before it dropped in popularity?

Popular for about a half year. It never outsold X/Y, though, and I doubt that Gen 7 was rushed because of it.

Well, part of the reason why starting off with Kanto over a new region feels so wrong is... the thought that you're going to start the first game on the Switch off without new pokemon? And then introduce gen 8 after? Meaning that the first game for the console would not have access to the new pokemon to follow, effectively segregating it from the next Switch game? I mean, sure, you expect a generation to have that sort of divide when it happens on the same device, but it's a little weird to have just one game that isn't really compatible with any other game on the same hardware.
just because we saw a kanto area doesn't make it a kanto remake for a few reasons, one santulune forest is viridian forest whatever that photo is might be a call back as well.
Also what if it has more than one region again with the new region either being visitable in the post game or kanto being the post game. The switch can handle two regions for sure and while all of them might be impractical two is realistic.

just because we saw a kanto area doesn't make it a kanto remake for a few reasons, one santulune forest is viridian forest whatever that photo is might be a call back as well.
Also what if it has more than one region again with the new region either being visitable in the post game or kanto being the post game. The switch can handle two regions for sure and while all of them might be impractical two is realistic.

Or the screenshot is fake, which is the most likely scenario.

Regarding past rumors, the ones with the riddle pictures (the labyrinth hint etc.) and the one that says that the starters theme is past, present and future, have those rumors been debunked?

I would love to see our character having a video game in the room, and that console allowed us to play in another region with another character. Just like a game inside a game.

Ken Sugimori doesn't draw for Pokemon anymore.
Pokemon art in Sun and Moon were not drawn by Ken Sugimori.

Fair to note, but I was referring to the "style" which is usually referred to as Sugimori art, and that's been kept pretty consistent across all pokemon in that the shading is airbrushed rather than cel shaded on- the lighter streaks around the edge of the shaded areas shouldn't be that sharply defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom