• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, in favor of getting back to proper gen 8 discussion- what are some important dates coming up? I know there's April 26th and whenever E3 is. Any other gaming conventions that might hold news? I'd like to compile a list of dates to keep an eye on.
Right now we have:

- Tomorrow. Plasma fists or whatever movie news related to Zeraora.
- April 15th. Corocoro but nothing really expected.
- April 17th. When Pixelpar starts drawing his posts.
- April 26th. Nintendo investors meeting and merchandise reveal.
- Nothing else till E3.

Btw on Friday it will be 10 months since the e3 announcement. How are you guys going to celebrate these 10 months of absolutely nothing?

Right now we have:

- Tomorrow. Plasma fists or whatever movie news related to Zeraora.
- April 15th. Corocoro but nothing really expected.
- April 17th. When Pixelpar starts drawing his posts.
- April 26th. Nintendo investors meeting and merchandise reveal.
- Nothing else till E3.

Btw on Friday it will be 10 months since the e3 announcement. How are you guys going to celebrate these 10 months of absolutely nothing?
Thank you!

And doing nothing in honor of the nothing that we have received. XD

Okay... so...

April
May
June
July
  • July 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • July 13 - Pokemon Movie 21 premieres in Japan
August
  • August 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • August 21-15 - Gamescom
  • August 24-26 - Pokemon World Championships

I think that's it for potential news leaks between now and August, not counting the upcoming probably "Zeraora has Plasma Fists" reveal, since we're right on top of that.

Last edited:
Okay... so...

April
May
  • May 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
June
  • June 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • June 12-14 - E3 Expo
July
  • July 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • July 13 - Pokemon Movie 21 premieres in Japan
August
  • August 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • August 21-15 - Gamescom
  • August 24-26 - Pokemon World Championships

I think that's it for potential news leaks between now and August, not counting the upcoming probably "Zeraora has Plasma Fists" reveal, since we're right on top of that.

I do think if it is not on e3 it's not coming out this year...

Very much only speculation, that, if the new games really are rebooting Kanto (with or without other regions), it would open the door for a third version that could be a wonderful Kanto prequel!

That is, they would have the entire region's topography and all sorts of easily adjustable assets made in 3D.
The player could choose from, at least Oak and Agatha, although that would depend how much of a prequel it would be, it could be different ones, whoever it would be they would be fairly new trainers; as main characters and maybe a few extra playable characters would be switched into along the way!

i personally don't care whether the game launches in 2018 or 2019 BUT

I do want the game to be detailed as soon as possible, and I think we're very very very likely to hear something this year, even if the games are a 2019 release. This is because

1. the games are already technically announced
2. once movie news/coverage/etc is done there's still like half of the year to go, with nothing outside of Zeraora known to us. TPC isn't going to go that many months without giving us something . Even during the last drought year, we still had zygarde forms and Ash Greninja to string us along

What if we actually go this entire year without even a trickle of real news?

There is a universe in which this is whay happens. What if that is our universe?

Then we get news in January of next year talking bout a November 2019 release date.

Yeah right. Hahaha

What if we actually go this entire year without even a trickle of real news?

There is a universe in which this is whay happens. What if that is our universe?

Then we get news in January of next year talking bout a November 2019 release date.

Yeah right. Hahaha
That would be a major news drought for the entire franchise, since they're kinda out of cards to play once the movie's done. XD

Did Ryan delete the post that mentioned a merchandise reveal?

I've noticed that there are certain tweets about that that he has deleted. He even jumped on somebody yesterday for asking him about if he knew when there would be a Switch game reveal.

I'm suspecting next week at the earliest, the way things seem to be going.

I've started to wonder if the reveal itself will be special enough to have justified this entire mess, but most of this mess was self inflicted. Oopsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom