• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if people think we getting E3 reveal they're dreaming, CoroCoro usually leak before it and they want to beat CoroCoro on the news.

if people think we getting E3 reveal they're dreaming, CoroCoro usually leak before it and they want to beat CoroCoro on the news.
Well, E3 is from the 12th to the 14th and CoroCoro technically doesn't release until the 15th- so officially, they would have beat CoroCoro to the punch. Unofficially, CoroCoro has a chance of leaking out first.

They could also announce at E3 and withhold CoroCoro's scoop until the next issue in July.

It’s not that outlandish- I don’t think its going to happen either, but its not like people are saying that they’re going to announce the games during the Superbowl or something. Pokemon seems to be featuring less and less prominently in CoroCoro as of late, and they pretty much never get to reveal things anymore.

It’s not that outlandish- I don’t think its going to happen either, but its not like people are saying that they’re going to announce the games during the Superbowl or something. Pokemon seems to be featuring less and less prominently in CoroCoro as of late, and they pretty much never get to reveal things anymore.
*makes note to add Superbowl to her list of potential news dates* ;P

So as I expected from the beginning this is a 2019 game, I was starting to seriously believe in a 2018 release.
I really don't like setting myself up to disappointment so I'll probably stop looking into leaks and rumors from now on.

even if they don't reveal anything they'll at least mention its existence

So as I expected from the beginning this is a 2019 game, I was starting to seriously believe in a 2018 release.
I really don't like setting myself up to disappointment so I'll probably stop looking into leaks and rumors from now on.

I'm not sure why you're suddenly jumping ship. It's not like April was the end all be all anyway. If nothing is announced next month then you can throw in the towel, but until then a 2018 release is still very much a possibility. Regardless if we have titles or not May is usually when the real news starts rolling out for new games anyway so they can very easily release a first trailer with titles next month no problem and they'd still be on track. People act like in 2016 we had so much info prior to the May trailer when in fact we had almost nothing. We had titles and that was it. Did that stop them from releasing the game in 2016? It did not. All that said if the game doesn't come this year it really won't make that much of a difference. It's not likely the game will come any later than April 2019 so we won't be waiting much longer than usual for it anyway.

what if one version was set in Kanto and the other in Johto? With the opposite being Postgamr material, or something that you have to go to throughout the majority of the game. So at different and appropriate times, the level curve would be correct.
Just a thought I wanted to get out there that this made me think of: if there's only one version (people were mentioning earlier the possibility), and we're going back to Kanto (based on some of the rumors), what if, since Kanto and Johto share a Pokemon League, what if you get to pick the gyms you do/maybe the order, in both/either Kanto and/or in Johto? I mean, that would probably be a lot of back and forth between regions to get to the gyms you wanted, and I'm not sure about the level curve or how access to each city would work since it's usually based on Gyms, but I know I've heard people wanting to beat gyms in any order for a while. And maybe with features like Pokeride it could work. Or a more linear approach would be beating the Pewter Gym in Kanto opens up the Cerulean one, but also the Violet City and Azalea Town Gyms in Johto, and every badge you get opens the way to what the next set of gyms would be (Ex. 4th badge opens up Cianwood and Fuchsia City, and all the ones that came before would also be open, if that makes sense?). Again, I don't really know how well it would work (if it could work at all, that is) given the fact that traveling from the east side of Kanto to the west side of Johto might put people off, but the choice to do what gym you want next might lead people to do just that. Maybe some other ideas that have been thrown around this thread could also be implemented, like your rival adapting to your team based on what teams you use, maybe taking on the gyms you don't do and having their team adapt to that. It's a more open-world idea, I know, and they said not to get our hopes up too high, so this might be a bit out there, plus it might be hard to have a story play out like in the other games if you can skip a city. This is just a thought I had, and I don't think it will happen, but I like to dream. Odyssey and BotW kinda make me wonder if big-franchise Switch games are attempting to be on a bigger scale. Again, I know this idea has (quite) a few problems, and we shouldn't get our expectations super high, but maybe this could be a thing? Eventually, maybe not immediately, but in the near(ish) future?
Sorry if this didn't make much sense or was ramble-y, I'm about to go to bed, but wanted to get the thought out before I forgot it.

While we likely wont get anything specifically at E3 onsite location, we do get our own special pokemon segment typically around E3 showcases usually just before or slightly after in its own pokemon timeslot. Most people just consider it E3 anyway.

We still have the mystery merchandise from Paul Ryan that should be revealed in late April that has made him confident we will have the games this year. Whatever will be revealed from that merchandise is supposed to be huge and not related to M21. We also have Pixelpar that has said he has multiple sources telling him the games will be out this year and there will be two versions. Last Joe Merrick has hinted an awful lot on Kanto being revisited and the games coming out this year on Resetera. There are many signs still pointing at the games coming this year. Just because there has been nothing revealed yet doesn't mean the games are coming in 2019.

I think we should wait till April 26th before jumping to conclusions. Nintendo need to tell something new about the games to its investors so around that date there's a high chance something will happen for better or worse.

Vala seems to have multiple meanings as a word from what I can find, while Ainu seems to refer to the Japanese Ethnic group from Hokkaido, which is the basis for the Sinnoh and Almia Regions.

I checked the other tweets and most of them make no sense to me, but some might be worth a look at.

i know that most of the fans wanted it since the beginning of the time. GIVE ME THE DIAMOND\PEARL REMAKES ! if that riddler is telling the truth, its gonna be legend wait for it dary LEGENDARY. Of course he/she could pointed a ranger game thanks to Almia, but i LOVE speculating about gen4 remakes.

Last edited:
Remember when people said no chance xenoblade 2 will come out 2017 until big N announced the release date mid september 2017?

That's actually a good point because I was one of those people and I ended up absolutely loving the game lol

How many riddlers do we have now lol ? This new vegetable riddler and the chinese one contract each others riddles as well as that one random japanese riddler we see every now and then. Which riddler riddles are we to assume is more genuine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom