• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... Tohoku(where the last Ainu tribes in the main island of Japan are) it's close to Kanto(and also with Sinnoh, obviously) then my... theory? XD may be right and the games are set in Tohoku with something Kanto related in the postgame(maybe 2nd region or maybe just some lore and history details).

Obviously only if VegetableBird it's true.

I found that Vala or Völva it's a Scandinavian priestess who is also named as "Wicce" name wich it's the origin of the word "Witch". I don't know if this means anything at all XD but it's what I found.

Vala seems to have multiple meanings as a word from what I can find, while Ainu seems to refer to the Japanese Ethnic group from Hokkaido, which is the basis for the Sinnoh and Almia Regions.

I checked the other tweets and most of them make no sense to me, but some might be worth a look at.

Took another look at the tweets and I don't give them much credibility, but anyway here's my takes on what they might mean:

I should also note that Vala seems to mean Oath, to Shut/Close, (Empty) Space, Ditch, Truthfully, To Tumble and In-Vain in some languages

®: Maybe hinting at something already released or registered, a remake or connection to an older title perhaps

Earth with two lines and a Circle: Possible referencing space (Distance, size, etc), which alludes to Space itself

An Hourglass?: Might be referring to Time

A line of Code on the 8th Row with the numbers 10.15 and the word Blue: Maybe hinting at Gen I or more likely Gens IV or IV

Guy on Phone: Might represent distance between people, hinting at Sinnoh or Gen IV itself as the Sinnoh is split by Mt. Coronet or because Gen IV was the (to my knowledge) first Generation to have Major Online capabilities (GTS) due to the DS' built-in wireless capability

A line of Code on the 8th Row, numbers have changed to 2.27 and the word Blue has been replaced with Red: Maybe hinting at Gen I or more likely Gens IV or IV

Palutena from Kid Icarus: Might be referring to Arceus as she is a goddess with an evil counterpart, Medusa/Giratina, other than this I've got nothing

A Grid with several Squares Greyed out and the Coordinates 8, G marked with an X: Likely referencing Gen 8, no clue why the squares are Grey

Banner with a 50/50 and Banner with 100% and also a picture and name change to VegtableBird: Not sure what's it is, maybe referring to Gen IV, the last Generation to have Two Sperate Versions (50/50 experience) and a single Third Version (100% of the experience)
Note: They are not part of the Thread and are possibly irrelevant, but the Grid is also not part of the Thread as well

8+_ = 11 and a Taco Cat: 11-8=3 more on 3 next, Taco Cat spelt backwards is Taco Cat, I've got nothing but might represent Looking Back? Hinting at a Remake

Sheika Stone and a 3: Possibly hinting at 3 Legendary Pokémon or Three Riddles, at first I thought the latter but after looking over some of the tweets, I'm leaning towards the former, likely Arceus, Dialga and Palkia

Again I don't expect any of the tweets to amount to much

How many riddlers do we have now lol ? This new vegetable riddler and the chinese one contract each others riddles as well as that one random japanese riddler we see every now and then. Which riddler riddles are we to assume is more genuine ?

I'd say that they're all about as genuine as each other. We have no proof of any of them being right. Honestly, they all have about as much credibility as someone pretending their uncle works for Nintendo on GameFAQs.

I'd say that they're all about as genuine as each other. We have no proof of any of them being right. Honestly, they all have about as much credibility as someone pretending their uncle works for Nintendo on GameFAQs.

Agreed, although I will happily browse supposed leaks and try to decipher riddles for my own amusement, I personally don't plan on giving leaks much credence until we actually start hearing news from Gamefreak or the Pokémon Company, but still I try to remain neutral on dismissing leaks as true or false without proper reasoning and/or discussion, and I can only suggest that we all endeavour to do the same for the foreseeable future.

Agreed, although I will happily browse supposed leaks and try to decipher riddles for my own amusement, I personally don't plan on giving leaks much credence until we actually start hearing news from Gamefreak or the Pokémon Company, but still I try to remain neutral on dismissing leaks as true or false without proper reasoning and/or discussion, and I can only suggest that we all endeavour to do the same for the foreseeable future.

This is the best way to go as a community tbh, really the only logical way.

Not even the ability or Plasma fists or a hint for next month. So, I'm not expecting anything from Oha suta today. Probably they will reveal Plasma Fists and distribution in June like they did with Marshadow and its z move. Still not understanding why they did not reveal its signature move yet, it's not that important anyway...

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/983977882207875073

Last edited:

Oh, exactly. They're fun to speculate about, I was simply stating that nothing and nobody is reliable right now, other than Nintendo/GameFreak themselves.

Still not understanding why they did not reveal its signature move yet, it's not that important anyway...
Unless it is. Maybe it gets a Z-Move in the next game which requires Plasma Fists (And if thats the case, and the next games have Z-Moves, maybe it wont be "Generation 8")

Not even the ability or Plasma fists or a hint for next month. So, I'm not expecting anything from Oha suta today. Probably they will reveal Plasma Fists and distribution in June like they did with Marshadow and its z move. Still not understanding why they did not reveal its signature move yet, it's not that important anyway...

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/983977882207875073

Kinda sad how much CoroCoro gets jipped on news.

nothing and nobody is reliable right now, other than Nintendo/GameFreak themselves.
Id say the Chinese Riddler is pretty reliable. The original one, not the Japanese riddler or all these imitation Riddlers. He hasnt said anything since US/UM except for "Kanto Reboot". The whole Rebootmon thing was from someone else

Is VegetableBird credible?

Seems like "riddles" are the new way of leaking everybody's copying,like leaked CoroCoro scans and concept art sheets.

Regardless of your intent, saying that men and women are supposed to act certain ways has discriminatory implications.

The structure of early cultures aren't instinctual rules that everyone follows. The number of working women and stay-at-home dads today clearly shows that.

The anime is not created by Game Freak-why use it as an indicator of their intentions?

Gender was not my only point:

There are plenty of male figures associated with the moon and female figures associated with the sun.
I'm perfectly content in acknowledging that men have been associated with the sun and women with the moon-but I'm also acknowledging the fact that this association is not universal.

The anime is based on the games, not the other way around. And if the games had to "make due with what they had", why not change the story more? It's not like there have never been more version differences than just version exclusives.

I'm not saying males and females are supposed to act in certain ways, I'm just trying to explain that that is the way that alchemy looks at it from a symbolic perspective. I don't have anything against any group of people in particular. You can ask several people here on Bulbaforums, they know I don't discriminate in that way. I just want people to be happy and do what they want to do as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

Pokémon is a global franchise managed by The Pokémon Company since 1998, so those types of things are surely circulated within the various circles that work on the Pokémon franchise together with them under a contractual basis. The spin-off titles, anime, and everything else with a narrative has some degree of symbolism in it too, it's not just the games. The anime might be based on the games, but precisely because of that it has the chance to take further liberties and convey things in a more visually correct manner in terms of symbolism, because it usually comes at a later point after the games have already been released and doesn't need to worry about version-centric details, such as giving a cover legendary the sole spotlight of the narrative. In fact, they usually prefer to play up how they are opposed to one another, since that's how most duos work. Meanwhile, the games usually go for a cohesive narrative between both games where each version's legendary becomes the center of the plot, regardless of version exclusivity, so that the story doesn't deviate too much from one version to the other, outside of very minor changes. It probably works that way to avoid upsetting the players that buy one version over the other and avoid situations like what happens with some mechanics, such as Black City and White Forest having totally different benefits, which then have players and their parents complaining about how "this game doesn't have what that other game has, but they are advertised as being the same". Otherwise they might as well do it like Fire Emblem did with Birthright and Conquest and try to sell two games under a single title but with different premises, which is just not how they have operated so far.

I said that "The Sun and the Moon simply represent male and female energies. The active power to give and the passive power to receive.", and it was mostly in an alchemic or kabbalistic approach. What it means is that one symbolizes the will to bestow, while the other symbolizes the will to receive. While one acts in a giving manner, the other receives or takes away from others. That type of active-passive dynamic can be seen, for example, in The Light of Alola, in Malie Library, where they portray Solgaleo as a giver of light, as opposed to Lunala being a taker of light, which reflects the way the Sun shines over the Earth, but the Moon is forced to reflect the Sun's light and takes it away when it gets in front of it during a Solar Eclipse. Active and passive are perhaps not the best choice of words to describe that idea though, but it's the generic way of referring to it within the occult schools.

I also acknowledge that there are plenty of male Moon gods and female Sun gods, with the gender dynamic being reversed in some of those cases, such as with Sól and Máni as you listed. I was just looking at it from the perspective of alchemy, in which the gender associations are as I stated, which fits the pokédex attributed genders of Solgaleo and Lunala, despite both of them being gender-less according to game mechanics.
And it would be totally fine even if their genders were swapped or they were the same gender, what matters is that both contrasting energies come together to make Cosmog, that becomes a perfected blend of both archetypal opposites once it becomes Cosmoem. That's what the whole point of portraying these things in a triad system, it allows you to have a thesis, antithesis, and synthesis, regardless of gender associations or other things.

I hope this helps to further clarify the matter, otherwise we will just have to agree to disagree on this, I guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a look at the VegetableCookin riddles, but couldn't come up with much.
Have a few interpretations of some things compiled in this doc, so take a look if you want.
Maybe you guys can take it further than me from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom