• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on 4chan , honestly is it bad this is more believable than usual leaks?
>Kanto remakes.
>Expansive cities.
>Expanded routes and areas between cities/towns.
>Wild Pokémon visible on the overworld.
>Pokémon follow the player around.
>All kanto pre-evos and evos from other gens available in game (Pichu, Electivire, Sylveon, etc.)
>Baby forms for Kangaskhan and Tauros, among others.
>Regular evolutions for Dugtrio and Kingler, among others.
>Branched evos for Rhydon and Vulpix, among others.
>Kanto regional variants for Camerupt and Hippowdon, among others.
>New eevelutions.
>New megas for Venusaur and Blastoise, among others.
>No more HMs. Poké Rides are back.
>Battle against Prof. Oak.
>New post-game area to catch other Pokémon. (Neither Johto nor Sevii Islands)
>New Gym & Elite 4 rule: You can only use up to the same amount of Pokémon as your opponent.
>Physical variations within same species. (You can catch both slim and chubby Pikachu)

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems too good to be true imo

expanding evolutionary lines of kanto pokemon + multiple new eeveelutions + new megas + regional variants all in the same game is a dream come true

Although perhaps if the rumors about a reboot/not actually gen 8/old region revisit, end up being true, it'd be cool to have all new pokemon/forms based off of existing lines instead of giving us a whole new dex

Change is healthy. Remember how nokia falls down because of being stale. Even with a loyal fanbase pokemon needs change and a change to the battle system is a welcome addition as long as it is done properly why not? Yokai Watch might not be a good rival but surely ot did shake game freak a little since ot shows how they tried to do drastic changes too right?

Agreed. BOTW is the best modern nintendo game example of this, the previous title Skyward Sword was considered fairly stale, repetitive and dull and many worried about the future of the franchise, if they could reinvent the LOZ series and come out fresh, then Pokemon can really accomplish something similar. Not on the same drastic level, but little changes here and there will really reinvent it. Even if we get a Kanto region, these little changes will sell it as a whole.

Here is some more from the Canuck Riddler.

- BTW the rumor about the battle system changing is untrue
- Sadly GameFreak has decided to completely remove Z-Moves
- Some Mega Evolutions have been retconned to be ordinary evolutions
- The graphics will not be that different from SuMo just sharper in quality overall.
- IVs are finally removed, and some shinies have been recolored.
Quite frankly, removing IVs gives this away as fake to me. Why would that be a thing??

You see, I don't trust these "leaks" for a simple reason. They're what we expect it may happen. Take Piuk, it was around the time of the new flying eeveelution and a flying eeveelution was in his leaks. Now it's the time of the kanto region reeboot and most of the leaks have Kanto in them just to play safe with the speculation.
The games can be reboots or can be a new gen or can be remakes. At the moment, I think they're something we could not definy properly. This is why I've kinda lost interest in "leaks", what I'm looking for right now are clues of an announcement. Clearly there's none and this makes me believe I'm following the right way XD

Well the battle professor oak thing was an actual planned thing in the original gen 1 that was scrapped late in development, the data of the battle is still in code from memory, so this part is fairly believable since the Gen 6 professor battling you was paying direct homage to that. I can also imagine that Pokeride mons will be back in some form or another given how popular they were and how in gen 6 the fanbase hated HM's. Since its likely the Switch game will be in its own unique in the multi verse pokemon concept, they could easily bring these back or have some random justification. There's a lot of other bullshit in this leak, but gotta take the good with the bad lol

This guy is claiming to know something about the new games which are apparently in some sort of alternate Kanto just like USUM is an alternate Alola.

It's fairly likely since Red and Green / Blue Kanto, Yellow Kanto, FRLG Kanto and HGSS Kanto are all different Kanto's in the pokemon timeline and multi verse theory. Naturally Switch Kanto would as well.

I think that's kinda the point of it, actually-most of these are such low-ball guess that they're already true in some way, and they're made vague enough that you can interpret them multiple ways.

>Physical variations within same species. (You can catch both slim and chubby Pikachu)
Already a thing-not just with Pokemon like Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, but even with Pokemon like Magikarp and Heracross. (Characters would measure them and give you prizes for tall/long ones)
>Wild Pokémon visible on the overworld.
Already a thing that occurred with ORAS and Gen 7. This guess isn't specific, so it could be considered "true" whether all wild Pokemon were visible or just a few like in previous games.
>All kanto pre-evos and evos from other gens available in game (Pichu, Electivire, Sylveon, etc.)
Already happened in every other remake.
>Expanded routes and areas between cities/towns.
I mean, it's probably not going to use Gen 4 graphics...

Some of it's less easy-to-guess, but it seems odd to me.
>Kanto regional variants for Camerupt and Hippowdon, among others.
Numel can already be found in Kanto, though?

Removing Z moves completely may be the best thing they can do, sorry I'm not a big fan of the machanic

Last edited:
Reactions: SGD
GF removed PSS, Poke Amie, Gyms... It's possible.

The main difference is that that features are not Pokémon battle related.
GF didn't remove double battles in DP, the physical-special split in BW or the triple and rotation battle in XY (well yeah they removed them in Alola but that's hardware limited).

Even Megas were in SM. Why would you remove something that enriches the battle experience.

This is fake. I don't think that Z-Moves are going anywhere.
Good Riley; if I may be so intrepid as to tender an alternative modus operandi of expressing your most valued opinion on the current subject: This is "probably" fake, or "more than likely" fake, or perhaps simply "I think" this is fake, or I "believe" this is fake. You see? Doesn't that anthology of possible replies ring of a bit more consideration for other feasible opinions other than your own? If I may also serve you a compliment , may I express that of any pokemon type, you remind me most, perhaps, of the noble rock type; your thoughts are strapping and sturdy, and your words seem to demonstrate a strong foundation and much credence in your beliefs- truly admirable to be sure! However, we must always remember that a bit of tact can go a great distance in this our walk of life. :)

And the part of retconning Megas into their own species, I thought that it was ridiculous on the Vacto Leak and it's still ridiculous now. Megas aren't designed to be their own Pokemon. They're designed as more powerful versions of the base Pokemon.

man I really hope gamefreak continues with regional variants moving forward

such a genius idea effectively giving us new pokemon without actually giving us new pokemon. I honestly wouldn't mind a game/region that was just variant forms of existing pokemon, as long as they gave us enough of them.

- The graphics will not be that different from SuMo just sharper in quality overall.

I mean, if they remove Z-moves then they'll have to change the Ultra Necrozma transformation method so that's why to me it is screaming fake.

Saw this on 4chan , honestly is it bad this is more believable than usual leaks?
It does seem the most legit. And I still think the movie having mostly Pokémon with baby forms could mean something so this would match that.
This is fake. I don't think that Z-Moves are going anywhere.

What did you think they’ll do with them?

This guy is claiming to know something about the new games which are apparently in some sort of alternate Kanto just like USUM is an alternate Alola.

This... sounds mostly unbelievable to me.

For one thing, they seem to be referring to regional variants as "alternate universe variants" and the point of regional variants is that they adapted to their environment so... what are we going to do? Opposite day all of Kanto?

There's just no reason to swap Pikachu and Eevee's colors? It serves no purpose. Plus I don't think that they would look aesthetically pleasing either, those colors just don't work on those pokemon.

GameFreak does not love dragons. XD They love calling things dragons that don't remotely look like dragons- like turtles and trees. This makes it sound like they're obsessed with making dragons and lemme tell you, the lists of what pokemon actually look like dragons- chinese or western- are pretty darn short.

Removing Z-moves doesn't sound remotely realistic after the amount of work that they put into them- they didn't remove Mega Evolutions after they were introduced, despite sweeping them off to the side. And the whole point of Z-moves was to give a boost that would allow people to use their favorites more, that's why there's a generic Z-move for every type. They serve a pretty good purpose, so why would they ditch that?

I don't see any point to retconning only some Mega Evolutions, either. I'm betting that someone just wants some mega forms to be permanent rather than temporary. I feel you, leaker, I'd take Mega Manectric over regular Manectric any day.

XD This one sounds like it's based entirely on fan wants and scrapped ideas found in past games.

This... sounds mostly unbelievable to me.

There's just no reason to swap Pikachu and Eevee's colors? It serves no purpose. Plus I don't think that they would look aesthetically pleasing either, those colors just don't work on those pokemon.

XD This one sounds like it's based entirely on fan wants and scrapped ideas found in past games.

If touched up a little bit, and maybe with the ears remaining brown, it could look interesting. Especially if we moved the brown fur on the mane and put it on the tail instead.

133.25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom