• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabye by reboot they mean the combat
I don't understand what is wrong with real-time battling

Although I wouldn't be opposed to a Pokémon game with real-time fighting, as the Battles aren't the main reason I play Pokémon, what causes me to cast doubt upon the possibility of such is different to why others do.

Some claim it would alienate people, others say it would decimate competitive, and there are those who claim it would remove strategy, but my reason is more…analytical? For me it is the Effort.

Attacks, Stats, Items, Abilites, Pokémon themselves and maybe even PP would need to be reworked and rebalanced to suit the new combat system, take Munchlax for example with its speed of 5, how would this translate to a Real-Time setting?
And also Pokémon's sizes, would pokemon like Joltik and Wailord be modified to look bigger or smaller in Battle as to be balanced or would they have their stats rebalanced to accomodate for their sizes? Then again balance isn't really one of Pokémon's strengths, now is it?

It all seems like so much effort for them to undertake, especially as they wouldn't be familiar with the Switch and its Hardware, but the possibility of the next Title/s being set in Kanto may alleviate some effort due to what such may entail and if they ported the Gen VII models it would definetly save them some time…

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I think I lost count, but this is probably the 2nd or 3rd time within the past week that he's posted about Red and Green:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/985022948971966471

IIRC, from the last tweet I seen it had to do with the music he created and that he's gonna be doing those tracks at a concert in May... or something.

All's I know is that when the big man himself is tweeting like crazy about Kanto while everybody else in the community is, y'know something is going down.

I think I lost count, but this is probably the 2nd or 3rd time within the past week that he's posted about Red and Green:

IIRC, from the last tweet I seen it had to do with the music he created and that he's gonna be doing those tracks at a concert in May... or something.

All's I know is that when the big man himself is tweeting like crazy about Kanto while everybody else in the community is, y'know something is going down.

Google Translation:

Arranging fun! > From "Pocket Monster Red / Green" "~ Opening ~" "Masala Town" "Road to Tokiwa - From Masala" "Battle (VS Jim Leader)" "Bicycle" "Champion Road" "Last Battle (VS Rival) ~ending~"

I believe he's going to be directing some RGBY at a VG concert

Idk if ya'll have moved on from this or even talked about it in general, but I want to get something off my chest. It's about that verlis vid. First of all that magazine article isn't getting broken by him. It's been floating around for at least a week. Maybe even 2 weeks. Second of all it doesn't "confirm" anything. I've seen people on Twitter acting like them calling the next game "gen 8" means that it is in fact gen 8. That magazine from what I've seen is a second hand magazine that while maybe to some degree is backed by Nintendo is not an officially licensed Nintendo magazine. I could be wrong on that tho. Either way whatever they said about the Pokemon Switch game doesn't "confirm" anything at all. No one should listen to verlis about anything and they certainly shouldn't about this. It's just been bugging me all night and I needed to say this hahaha I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys that tho.

Idk if ya'll have moved on from this or even talked about it in general, but I want to get something off my chest. It's about that verlis vid. First of all that magazine article isn't getting broken by him. It's been floating around for at least a week. Maybe even 2 weeks. Second of all it doesn't "confirm" anything. I've seen people on Twitter acting like them calling the next game "gen 8" means that it is in fact gen 8. That magazine from what I've seen is a second hand magazine that while maybe to some degree is backed by Nintendo is not an officially licensed Nintendo magazine. I could be wrong on that tho. Either way whatever they said about the Pokemon Switch game doesn't "confirm" anything at all. No one should listen to verlis about anything and they certainly shouldn't about this. It's just been bugging me all night and I needed to say this hahaha I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys that tho.

It's interesting that you bring this up. I remember first hearing about Gale of Darkness by reading a magazine that was focused on Japanese anime and games. I can't remember the name of the magazine(I want to say it was Shonen Jump or something but I can't swear to it) but I remember it very well. I'm not saying the Verlis video or the magazine is right, it just reminded me of something that I experienced a long time ago.

There, I just made myself feel old as hell.

It's interesting that you bring this up. I remember first hearing about Gale of Darkness by reading a magazine that was focused on Japanese anime and games. I can't remember the name of the magazine(I want to say it was Shonen Jump or something but I can't swear to it) but I remember it very well. I'm not saying the Verlis video or the magazine is right, it just reminded me of something that I experienced a long time ago.

There, I just made myself feel old as hell.

The thing is that the article in question screams interest and speculation piece. There's nothing about this Spanish article that should make anyone believe they are speaking about info that they specifically got from Nintendo. There's a big reason why one of the major news sites picked up on it a week or 2 ago and that's because it's not worth the attention. Sorry, not trying to jump at you or anything. It's just bugging me to see people watching verlis and acting like he's not tricking them into believing something that's not even confirmed. Second hand magazines do cover stuff, but more often than not they don't do so until after the game has been announced.

Attacks, Stats, Items, Abilites, Pokémon themselves and maybe even PP would need to be reworked and rebalanced to suit the new combat system, take Munchlax for example with its speed of 5, how would this translate to a Real-Time setting?

I think, out of everything that would have to be reworked, PP and Speed would require the most drastic changes. Not sure how PP would work out, but Speed I could see becoming more readily apparent- assuming you could control your pokemon to run all over the battle area, it could influence your movement speed (so a Rapidash would run around much faster than a Torterra) AND influence your attack speed so that in the time that a slower pokemon could get out three hits, a faster one might be able to deliver six.

I really doubt that we'll be seeing a change in the battle system anytime soon, but I wouldn't complain if it ever came along, because I'd really like something more engaging than hours of gameplay that basically looks like this...

UniqueCavernousCanine-size_restricted.gif

I think, out of everything that would have to be reworked, PP and Speed would require the most drastic changes. Not sure how PP would work out, but Speed I could see becoming more readily apparent- assuming you could control your pokemon to run all over the battle area, it could influence your movement speed (so a Rapidash would run around much faster than a Torterra) AND influence your attack speed so that in the time that a slower pokemon could get out three hits, a faster one might be able to deliver six.

I really doubt that we'll be seeing a change in the battle system anytime soon, but I wouldn't complain if it ever came along, because I'd really like something more engaging than hours of gameplay that basically looks like this...

UniqueCavernousCanine-size_restricted.gif
PP can turn into a meter

Or serperior and scolipede being faster than rapidash?

Serperior being faster makes sense since it’s serpentine. I think same could be said for Scollipede? (I don’t know in detail about Scollipede's design since it’s not one of my favourites...)

Serperior being faster makes sense since it’s serpentine. I think same could be said for Scollipede? (I don’t know in detail about Scollipede's design since it’s not one of my favourites...)
Or serperior and scolipede being faster than rapidash?
I think I remember hearing that things like centipedes move really fast:
"How fast is a centipede?
House centipedes sprint at speeds of 420mm/second; a 5'8” human would have to run the same distance, relative to their height, at a speed of about 42 miles/hour." Not sure about horses, though
"The gallop averages 40 to 48 kilometres per hour (25 to 30 mph). The world record for a horse galloping over a short, sprint distance is 88 kilometres per hour (55 mph). Besides these basic gaits, some horses perform a two-beat pace, instead of the trot."
Welp; I don't get any of that stuff! But they both sound fast, I guess?

Maybe they think it rolls into a ball…after all, look at Voltorb (100) and Electrode's speed (150).
…Wait a second, Voltorb's smaller and lighter, so shouldn't it roll faster too? There's clearly a conspiracy going on here…or maybe the info droughts getting to me…?:p

Nah, but it's getting to some people 'cause they seem to be looking into this Beluga thing too much, pretty sure there's nothing else to it than it just being a suitably irrelevant Codename.

Ohhh but wouldn't it be a dream!

I'm on the side of the fence that always wants more and more Pokemon. I see every new additional as a welcoming to the family. So 187 new Pokemon? Sure, I'm game to catch 'em all.
I agree, but I'm not one to care. If 187 Pokemon make it into a new game, then their designs had to be approved to even be included. I'm sure that there would be some "dex fillers", but overall, I'd think that most of the new Pokemon would be pretty good.

I mean, look at fan regions. Some artists have created an entire region, filled with their own gym leaders, elite four and tons of new Pokemon. Sure, it may take them a few years to complete their art collection of their fan works, but so does GF.
I'm with Kiran! There ain't a Pokémon alive I would want to get rid of yet, and there won't ever be. I'd take 200 more tomorrow. The more the merrier!

I wish these games could be revealed already so we can get rid of this notion that they're getting rid of turn based battles. Everything they've done for the past 22 years has been based on turn based battles, every move every ability every item every stat to get rid of it would be to destoryer everything they did for the last 22 years. Now if they added in some quick time events that can happen only in some off line battles that would be cool, like the boss battles against gym leaders and other important trainers maybe have some buttons pop up on screen and of you press them right you get a special cut scene, think Naruto storm 2-4.

I wish these games could be revealed already so we can get rid of this notion that they're getting rid of turn based battles. Everything they've done for the past 22 years has been based on turn based battles, every move every ability every item every stat to get rid of it would be to destoryer everything they did for the last 22 years. Now if they added in some quick time events that can happen only in some off line battles that would be cool, like the boss battles against gym leaders and other important trainers maybe have some buttons pop up on screen and of you press them right you get a special cut scene, think Naruto storm 2-4.
It's kind of fun, I guess. Once the games are shown off, we'll know that kind of stuff but until then it's like anything can happen, right? I like turn based games lot, but I guess we'll find out soon if they stick to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom