• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
god this is so exhausting... i might have to take a break from this thread until some actual news is announced from an official source, because I'm so tired of the same old wavering back and forth, and people who aren't actual authorities on anything acting like they know something we don't and that we either shouldn't be getting too excited, or that we should absolutely be excited based on the information that they've been 'leaking' to us- I don't really care if they have sources or whatever, the hinting and smugness and wondering just gets tiring after a while, especially since they're not leaking anything actually very interesting to discuss.
I try and stay positive, and I'm still convinced that whatever we get next for a main series Pokemon title, I will probably enjoy it, but this stuff is just... soul sucking. I start checking these forums around every time speculation begins for the next generation, mostly because I like seeing 'leaked' Pokemon designs, but I think people jumped the gun and started making their fakes too early this time, because we literally know NOTHING official about the new game except for:
  1. Its a mainline Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch
  2. Its coming 2018 or later
  3. it PROBABLY won't be just like breath of the wild as far as gameplay goes, based off of this interview with the devs where they said that they didn't think that gameplay would suit Pokemon. this probably shouldn't be in here because it doesn't really confirm anything, its just been something i've been keeping in mind
anyway, no ill will against anyone here, but i'm gonna force myself away for the next few weeks, unless there's some sort of news break between now and then- i'm looking forward to coming back once there's some more stuff to talk about!
Man i totally feel you, i keep telling myself that everytime a silly argument pops up or when the thread revists an old discussion with no new inputs, but every morning i come here to check whats up.

Im too weak to do it, but good luck for you! And like @Oriden said, come back on the 26th for, hopefully, something new.

I wish we could understand if all these people being so cautious talking about gen 8 actually know something or if they are justing playing safe because of the last rumors...

Maybe they simply divided the entire gen 7 in 3 games, instead of all in 1, then a remake without new mons and a gap year?

Maybe they simply divided the entire gen 7 in 3 games, instead of all in 1, then a remake without new mons and a gap year?
But for what I've understood it's not like we don't know if next games will be gen 8 or gen 7. According to rumors next games will not be easy to define because they will change the notion we have of "generation". A simple remake with, let's say, new graphic (possibly with the same graphic XD) will actually be so different? I mean it definitely won't be gen 8, just gen 7 on a new system which is something we have never had or gen 8 with remakes before new region, but I don't think this will be a major problem for the way we definy a generation.
If the games will not be gen 8 I'm quite sure they will not be just remakes either. Maybe a reebot in Kanto but not fr/lg on the switch.

You mean like when they left all the info about the games in the demo twice in a row? Or when all gen 5 pokemon were leaked weeks before release? Or when gen 7 starters were leaked 6 months before release?

I don't mean the official leaks though.
the 7 gen leak before 6 months release was a official one?
The unofficial one that was right in this time was the trademark and logo leak.
It was leaked 2-3 hours before pokemon direct.

I don't mean the official leaks though.
the 7 gen leak before 6 months release was a official one?
The unofficial one that was right in this time was the trademark and logo leak.
It was leaked 2-3 hours before pokemon direct.
No he meant the starter final evos that were leaked well before they were ever announced.

Isn't it weird how it's now been 2 weeks and a half since the image first leaked and no reputable figure tried to touch on it?Serebii likes to shut down every leak but this one he stayed silent on.Eurogamer too,they want to debunk any leaks but this one they never touched.And many others.Weird isn't it.

Well with the nature of the discussion going on, I might as well post something I found on 4Chan the other day, I would have posted it sooner but I was still getting a feel for how uploading images works on here:
IMG_6372.JPG

The Unverified Chinese Leak is officially fake (I guess)

That literally means nothing. All Reggie was saying is that the Pokemon game will be like how all Pokemon games are where your goal is to "find, battle, and train". That doesn't mean the game won't be different in other ways. The game can be disruptive in other ways. Those three things were never going anywhere anyway. Also it's just PR talk. It's the most generic thing he could say.

Last edited:
I wish we could understand if all these people being so cautious talking about gen 8 actually know something or if they are justing playing safe because of the last rumors...
Paul Ryan rejects all rumors, so that logic doesn't apply to him.

The Unverified Chinese Leak is officially fake (I guess)

It is exciting that at least the small amount of official information from last year does describe the game a bit. This one is new to me, I didn't know that Reggie had ever mentioned the game!!

I would be really surprised if the folks at Game Freak are not aware of all of this hype, speculation, and overall craziness that's been going on in the past month. I can see Masuda rubbing his hands together, letting out an evil laugh that would send chills down anybody's spine.

Put us out of our misery you evil man, DO IT RAIGHT NAOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom