• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game will be called Pokémon Indigo and will take place in a reimagined Kanto
There will be 96 new Pokémon and 48 new regional variants, The starters however, remain the same (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle), and some old legendary Pokémon appear (Birds, Beasts, Mew Duo, Jirachi, Deoxys, Ho-oh/Lugia, and Celebi)
Regarding the legendary Pokémon, all of them will be connected to Mew and the player will visit ruins of the ancient Culture that worshipped Mew
Voice acting will be featured but it will be gibberish, the Pokémon however will now say their own names like in the anime
The battles are now much faster
The game is not open world, but the world will be much bigger and offers more exploration, also the Pokémon models will be the same but the textures will be better and the visuals of the game will be brighter and more stylized
Set in the region of "Indigo" which includes Kanto, Johto, the Sevii Islands and some never before seen areas including a frozen tundra in west Johto. It is "assumed" that all generations will be referenced in some way. Regarding level cap, your Pokémon will be in the 40s by the end of Kanto, 50s after the Islands, and 70/80s by the end of Johto
Story wise its a combination of the original games, anime, and manga, however things will be different to make things more original
Natures now change on their own randomly, but can be influenced by interactions and items
Seasons, Day/Night, and over world Weather will return
The league is now a tournament featuring random trainers. There are 4 rounds and if you win, you will then face the E4 and Champion.
Mega Evolution doesn't return, neither does the PWT, HMs, or Pokeride
There is a new evolution mechanic that involves Joycons
Trainer customization returns
There will be in game events on certain holidays
The Hoenn starters are obtained in the wild and the Alolan starters can be "chosen "in the Sevii Islands
Plenty of Puzzles and Dungeons
Unknown will be treated more like a legendary
There are ways to quickly level up Pokémon
Human/Pokémon interactions are amplified, they are now treated as virtual pets you can pet, feed, play with, educate, discipline, and trai
Pokémon can be transferred from the 3Ds
Dunsparce and Unown don't get evolutions, and Tropius is in the regional dex
Random encounters are removed, instead Pokémon appear in the over world
There will be new mechanics improvements that will make Pokémon good
You can catch a special Pikachu early game
New evos and prevos for existing Pokémon
Difficulty mode (Beginner, Normal, Expert, Master) and an unlockable Nuzlocke mode
Mew gains a new form called "Voodoo Mew"
This leak from December has piqued my interest.Mainly because it specifies the game involves Kanto, pokémon appear in the overworld, and that there will be new pokémon but they will either be evolutions or pre-evolutions of older pokémon, thus making it difficult to assert whether this is a gen 7 or gen 8 game.The first two fit with the leaked image.And the third one fits with Serebii's hints/implications and some leakers' claims that the concept of a generation will change/get blurrier/reset.Then he also mentions Uknown and a frozen tundra expansion which fit Pixelpar hints.Can I know exactly where this leak came from?

Last edited:
I bet 10 yen the game is not Kanto or Johto and will not be out until November 2019.

It is still early. We did not learn of Gen 7 until Gen 6 was 75 percent of the way through its lifespan.

I think we will learn of the game around October and get it in March.

This leak from December has piqued my interest.Mainly because it specifies the game involves Kanto, pokémon appear in the overworld, and that there will be new pokémon but they will either be evolutions or pre-evolutions of older pokémon, thus making it difficult to assert whether this is a gen 7 or gen 8 game.The first two fit with the leaked image.And the third one fits with Serebii's hints/implications and some leakers' claims that the concept of a generation will change/get blurrier/reset.Can I know exactly where this leak came from?
I got it from a YouTube video. The original source was deleted after the leaker got into conflict with another user.

This leak from December has piqued my interest.Mainly because it specifies the game involves Kanto, pokémon appear in the overworld, and that there will be new pokémon but they will either be evolutions or pre-evolutions of older pokémon, thus making it difficult to assert whether this is a gen 7 or gen 8 game.The first two fit with the leaked image.And the third one fits with Serebii's hints/implications and some leakers' claims that the concept of a generation will change/get blurrier/reset.Then he also mentions Uknown and a frozen tundra expansions which for other Pixelpar's hints.Can I know exactly where this leak came from?

Nothing about Eevee sadly, cause all "leak" seems to be interesting.

I got it from a YouTube video. The original source was deleted after the leaker got into conflict with another user.
I see.Do you remember at least the name of the Youtuber and such?
Removal of mega evolutions and unlockable nuzlocke mode.

Lol
Yeah a lot of it seems unbelievable and like a wishlist but you never know.Lots of real leaks were dismissed for those exact reasons.

I bet 10 yen the game is not Kanto or Johto and will not be out until November 2019.

It is still early. We did not learn of Gen 7 until Gen 6 was 75 percent of the way through its lifespan.

I don't know about not being Kanto or Johto but it's obvious that Nintendo and Game Freak don't think it's too early, or we wouldn't have "2018 or later." XD

Your conflicting timelines are alarming. XP I'd say your guess of the game is coming in March is the most realistic between it and a late 2019 release. Even if the game doesn't make it this year I highly doubt it'll be November of 2019. If it was that far off they wouldn't have bothered telling us it existed last year and wouldn't have put "2018 or later". They would have just put 2019 as the release year. Even if it doesn't get out this year that time period says that at the very least at one point they intended it to come this year. So it's very unlikely that even with a delay they would push it all the way back to late 2019. If anything it'll come before May 2019. (April being the very latest) That much I'm sure of. As for it's official reveal I'd say October is too late for a Q1 2019 release and much much too early of an announcement for a late 2019 release. If I was willing to bet on a reveal time I'd say no earlier than late May and no later than early June of this year. I think they'll want to keep it separate from e3 only to maybe reiterate and show additional stuff at e3. Either way we're not off from a reveal regardless of which time it gets released.

Oh, something that really struck my notice last night is that the lapras screenie we saw, that Pokejungle teased... looks an awful lot like Pokemon Go on... a gen 6 kinda map? Granted, Pokemon Go models are for the most part identical to the game models with slightly different shading, and I know this doesn't really mean anything one way or another, but it was something I noticed. XD

Say, on the off chance that we get new Pokémon species in a Kanto reboot, who wants to bet that they'll technically be imports from the Sevii Isles? I could give us a good excuse to visit them post-game in the absence of Johto.

Guys...

In case you didn't know this account is from a mysterious Ubisoft employee. However they teased and correctly predicted the mini direct and the Labo announcement.

Oh hell, that guy seems legit. Of course "seems" but twitter profile like from Ubi dev. ;)

Guys...

In case you didn't know this account is from a mysterious Ubisoft employee. However they teased and correctly predicted the mini direct and the Labo announcement.

Hmmmmm this makes me wonder. GF was said to have had some help with the new battle system from an outside company. I wonder if maybe Ubisoft is said company. Given Nintendo and Ubisofts close work it's possible they contracted them to assign a small team to help GF out with the game a bit.

1523996692529.png

IMG_20180417_224732.png
IMG_20180417_224836.png

Well,this is interesting,he isn't hinting at a return to Kanto??Or does he mean something else?
This has got me pretty hyped,he's the most credible person to have said news are coming soon,even if his soon could mean not that soon,like next month.(we'll see when he starts teasing more)

View attachment 109541 View attachment 109543
Well,this is interesting,he isn't hinting at a return to Kanto??Or does he mean something else?
This has got me pretty hyped,he's the most credible person to have said news are coming soon,even if his soon could mean not that soon,like next month.(we'll see when he starts teasing more)
Man, I don't care if this guy is real or not, just having someone say that a return to Kanto isn't what they're implying by posting two Kanto pokemon makes me happy.

Well at the very least he's worth keeping any eye on. In all reality we're closing in on what could be the reveal date. Even technically a month from now is "soon" so it doesn't have to be next week. Like I said before we could get a reveal mid to late May and then they could elaborate in June at e3. Sort of what they did for SM in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom