• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness the fandom has become rather restless to the point of darn near insanity.
I think behind this there are two major issues:
- GF that litterally disappeared after the announcement. 10 months. Nothing.
- Fans who cannot see things for what they really are. People screaming that a 2018 release would mean a rushed game; people screaming that the games has to come in 2018 because leakers suggested it; people screaming gen 8 confirmed because a stupid magazine said that; people screaming reboot because gen 1 was perfection; people reading whatever they want in whatever they see.

There's clearly a problem: people don't want to face the possibility that they may not receive what they want. Cause we can discuss rumors and leaks, we can try to guess things from Masuda tweets, but honestly, we don't know anything. Anything, not even the freaking titles.
Is there anything I want less than a Kanto remake with usum graphic in 2019? No. Can it happen? Yes. Is there anything I can do to avoid it? No.

I don't know, the thing about the merchandise, though, is that Magearna was revealed before the movie, so of course there was merchandise leading up to it. But it also played a major role in the film, necessitating that early announcement. This time, the major roles go to Lugia and Zeraora- if eevee (or any evolution of it) has a role in this film, it's soundly been relegated to relatively minor character status by comparison. This could lead to the movie being the first reveal of an eeveelution, and any merchandise for it may come afterward due to its movie role being of minor importance (even though the fans would give a hell of a lot more of a crap about a new eeveelution than lugia and zeraora at this point).

I just think it's possible, that if a new eeveelution is in the film, it's not getting the attention that we would expect because they really want to focus on Zeraora instead. The eeveelution, by comparison, might just evolve in the midst of it and then proceed to play no major role aside from being there and a low key teaser for what's to come.
A new mon would take priority over everything especially if it's related to Eevee.
That and Lisa is one of the main players here too.

A new mon would take priority over everything especially if it's related to Eevee.
That and Lisa is one of the main players here too.
I mean, it should- but if they decided not to play it out that way? There's two situations I can think of for this and one is that they wrote the script for Zeraora and Lugia and an eeveelution may have been promised without much of any details given until later, giving them nothing to work with to make it a major character in the script. The other is that they just could not come up with a good plot that would effectively make Lugia, Zeraora and a new eeveelution into major characters, so the eeveelution just became a sidenote. I mean, if this pokemon has very little that it can contribute to the story, it's either try to force it to be bigger than it is, or just toss it in where it fits and focus on the characters who can carry the story without the extra cheese. And they kinda needed one last hooray for Zeraora in particular, since it may be the last reveal of Gen 7.

Or, alternatively, the era of next-gen movie teasers is just dead because they don't trust animators not to leak things anymore.

I just like to toss out hypotheticals to possibly explain the whole lot of nothing we're looking at. XD

This thread looks like an interesting read, if anybody wants to take a gander.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/PrimaRumors/status/986321908546318338

I seen what y'all were talking about. I'm wondering if it had less to do with people attacking him and more to do with keeping himself from getting into trouble by revealing something. This Prima person wasn't even asking him to verify, they just happened to bring up one of his tweets about the 26th that he had deleted and they ended up tagging him.

I mean, it should- but if they decided not to play it out that way? There's two situations I can think of for this and one is that they wrote the script for Zeraora and Lugia and an eeveelution may have been promised without much of any details given until later, giving them nothing to work with to make it a major character in the script. The other is that they just could not come up with a good plot that would effectively make Lugia, Zeraora and a new eeveelution into major characters, so the eeveelution just became a sidenote. I mean, if this pokemon has very little that it can contribute to the story, it's either try to force it to be bigger than it is, or just toss it in where it fits and focus on the characters who can carry the story without the extra cheese. And they kinda needed one last hooray for Zeraora in particular, since it may be the last reveal of Gen 7.

Or, alternatively, the era of next-gen movie teasers is just dead because they don't trust animators not to leak things anymore.

I just like to toss out hypotheticals to possibly explain the whole lot of nothing we're looking at. XD
I mean I wanna believe like Parappa too but this is TPC.
They adore spoiling stuff for hype and such so it's kind of hard to believe,
I think behind this there are two major issues:
- GF that litterally disappeared after the announcement. 10 months. Nothing.
- Fans who cannot see things for what they really are. People screaming that a 2018 release would mean a rushed game; people screaming that the games has to come in 2018 because leakers suggested it; people screaming gen 8 confirmed because a stupid magazine said that; people screaming reboot because gen 1 was perfection; people reading whatever they want in whatever they see.

There's clearly a problem: people don't want to face the possibility that they may not receive what they want. Cause we can discuss rumors and leaks, we can try to guess things from Masuda tweets, but honestly, we don't know anything. Anything, not even the freaking titles.
Is there anything I want less than a Kanto remake with usum graphic in 2019? No. Can it happen? Yes. Is there anything I can do to avoid it? No.
I get that this is the first core game on a home console (so to speak) but there's no excuse to bite the hand that feeds us.
We as a fandom should be lucky that we get games as often as we do and don't have to wait decades

I mean I wanna believe like Parappa too but this is TPC.
They adore spoiling stuff for hype and such so it's kind of hard to believe,

Yeah, but I think they enjoy spoiling things themselves and hate having anyone else do it- I've seen mention that they hate CoroCoro reveals now- so if they're feeling wary about animation studios handling their stuff after those starter evolution sheets got leaked, they might either be giving the candy out late or refraining from handing it out at all.

I get that this is the first core game on a home console (so to speak) but there's no excuse to bite the hand that feeds us.
We as a fandom should be lucky that we get games as often as we do and don't have to wait decades
yeah, people on the kingdom hearts fandom still waiting 5 years after kh3 reveal.

Yeah, but I think they enjoy spoiling things themselves and hate having anyone else do it- I've seen mention that they hate CoroCoro reveals now- so if they're feeling wary about animation studios handling their stuff after those starter evolution sheets got leaked, they might either be giving the candy out late or refraining from handing it out at all.
Didn't you say that the Eeveelution would have a minor role in the movie? The animators would know about it by now.

Didn't you say that the Eeveelution would have a minor role in the movie?
I said it could and that might explain the lack of merch. XD Because clearly movie merch isn't hyping it up, so either it's not in the movie or its existence in the movie is so minor and relatively brief that any movie merchandise for it would be disproportionate to its actual role in the movie.

Oh there was more- yeah, they'd know now. This hypothetical I'm posing is really two possibles- either the eeveelution was given too minor of a role (possibly given details late for security reasons so it couldn't be given a major role in the script) or it's not in the movie, again, for security reasons.

This thread looks like an interesting read, if anybody wants to take a gander.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/PrimaRumors/status/986321908546318338

I seen what y'all were talking about. I'm wondering if it had less to do with people attacking him and more to do with keeping himself from getting into trouble by revealing something. This Prima person wasn't even asking him to verify, they just happened to bring up one of his tweets about the 26th that he had deleted and they ended up tagging him.

Wait what? They didn't tag him. They posted a screenshot there, but they never @'d him from what I see. Unless I'm missing something..... So someone probably just told him about those posts. It's not like he was directly brought into the thread tho. So other than not wanting to be bothered anymore there's really no reason for him to stop posting. This definitely feels more like he's fed up with people and is in a way punishing the people that were using his merch leaks to clickbait by cutting them off

Honestly, if a new generation were coming this year, I don't see why a new Pokemon wouldn't have been revealed as early as February much like Zoroark, Sylveon and Magearna. No one would have leaked it first.

I agree with this, but at the same time, I think it's fair to criticize USUM for being the games they used to complete a potentially three-year generation when back in Generation V, they used objectively more original games to accomplish the same task.

Last edited:
I agree with this, but at the same time, I think it's fair to criticize USUM for being the games they potentially used to complete a three-year generation when back in Generation V, they used objectively more original games to accomplish the same task.
This really wasn't about that though.
It's about we as a community being grateful for getting game after game on an almost yearly basis to the point that we're never dry of Pokemon content.
People are drooling so much over Poke-Switch that some have gone mad

Scarftail is saying that if you didn't play or enjoy USUM, it's hard to be grateful for the series nearly being annual.

I agree with this, but at the same time, I think it's fair to criticize USUM for being the games they used to complete a potentially three-year generation when back in Generation V, they used objectively more original games to accomplish the same task.

While I completely understand the sentiment here, it’s an ironic response to what Desdar said because ‘Generation’ was originally a fan term, was it not? So it’s an ironic extension of the original point - the fandom creates its own problems when there need not be any.

That being said, I think it’s fair to criticise USUM for many, many reasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom