• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, we have been talking about the possibility of the lapras image being a demo/alpha version. Why can't this be one?

Look at the hands. They are off compared with the rest of the body. Also, look at the shoes and the pants. They are the same as the Male PC starts with in Kalos.

And this image contradicts the Lapras one, namely with the Eevee on the shoulder, while there is no Pokemon too see here.

So either the Lapras image is fake, this one is fake or they are both fake. But if i have to choose, this pic is more fake then the Lapras one due to the hands.

This seems odd to me only in the matter that why would they want fan input at that particular point in time? There is no way they would have enough time to put in suggestions for a game being slotted for the end of the year. It could be for another game, but I would further question why they would want to put more effort into the next game rather than the current one. If it is for the current game, then we are not seeing it this year for certain.

The main reason I give the Lapras picture the benefit of the doubt is that a Tieba admin had complained about the graphics even before the picture was mentioned by Pokejungle, and the Riddler was annoyed by the leak rather than the picture.

Jukain said:
This seems odd to me only in the matter that why would they want fan input at that particular point in time?
Beta testing. That's how MageLeif leaked a lot of XY tidbits around this time in 2013. The only problem is that one would hope the Lapras picture would be from an early internal demo rather than a recent one. Maybe the (alleged) leaker found it via debugging and figured that it's the safest thing they could leak.

I do believe that Pokejungles original article where they talked about the image (before it was made public) did mention that it was probably an internal test demo. That much was up front from the beginning. Whether that's true or makes a difference to the final product we can't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet the final game won't look bad. Also in addition to that I think people are being a little too critical of the image even if it is real. It's really too blurry to tell whether the graphics are "bad" and even if this particular route has some angular parts that doesn't mean the entire game is like that. People are letting their imaginations run a muk when the image is actually nothing too special. The biggest things to look at are the on screen Pokemon and the Eevee on top of the trainer. Everything else doesn't really matter until we know for sure what the game is like imo.

Agreed. The first details that jumped at me were the Pokemon rather than the angular islets. Granted, they're a bit too cluttered, but that is something that could be fixed and would explain a demo focused on just that aspect.

XD They don't ever do weekend announcements?

It's funny because I'd think the weekend would be the best time to announce things, considering that's when people are most likely to be home and not at work or school.

They do it during the week because that's when they're at work. Many business are closed for weekends (at least in part anyway) and I'm sure many office workers at Nintendo/ TPCI/GF are off for the weekend

A week or two prior to B2W2's announcement, there was an event which included a Q&A with Masuda. Someone asked him about sequels to BW and Masuda said... something about that possibility. It was obviously suspicious since that is not how you'd have expected a third version to be called. Since this happened close to the announcement, I remember wondering if the fan who asked that question was actually bribed asked to do so.

But I don't expect anything like that this time, since:

1. No Q&A is mentioned in the description.
2. It would be unfitting of our era of Twitter and international announcements.

Last edited:
Look at the hands. They are off compared with the rest of the body. Also, look at the shoes and the pants. They are the same as the Male PC starts with in Kalos.

And this image contradicts the Lapras one, namely with the Eevee on the shoulder, while there is no Pokemon too see here.

So either the Lapras image is fake, this one is fake or they are both fake. But if i have to choose, this pic is more fake then the Lapras one due to the hands.
I admit, it does not make a lot of sense. I was just thinking that they could've taken the XY character as a filler (though now Idea why not SM/USUM one) and develop the world first. I like the image anyway, this is a graphical improvment, no matter how you see it. But it's probably fake.

They do it during the week because that's when they're at work. Many business are closed for weekends (at least in part anyway) and I'm sure many office workers at Nintendo/ TPCI/GF are off for the weekend
Ah, makes sense. Though I wonder, if they're all going to be at the event on the weekend anyway... might an exception be made?

I don't really expect anything, but I think I'll mark it down as a maybe anyway because it's not like we've got much of anything else on the May calendar.

I admit, it does not make a lot of sense. I was just thinking that they could've taken the XY character as a filler (though now Idea why not SM/USUM one) and develop the world first. I like the image anyway, this is a graphical improvment, no matter how you see it. But it's probably fake.

Yeah, its a graphical improvment (And also something that destroys the they are using the 3ds engine rumour, if it turns out to be real).

Ah, makes sense. Though I wonder, if they're all going to be at the event on the weekend anyway... might an exception be made?

I don't really expect anything, but I think I'll mark it down as a maybe anyway because it's not like we've got much of anything else on the May calendar.

The last time anything significant was announced on the weekend it was done by the Sunday morning show. Obviously it's current iteration (Pokenchi) isn't that big on first news. The previous one wasn't either. It's was Pokemon Smash and the shows prior to it that really had first looks at the new games. I think a major reason they're not given any real exclusives anymore is due to the WW announcements and releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom