• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://twitter.com/PrimaRumors/status/986321905312587777

Yes, it was movie stuff, but he implied there was something else.

plus the reply he wouldn't refuse to comment if it was just zeraora

Hmm, doesn't that say that he was going to comment on the "exciting" merch on the 26th, not that it was going to be revealed then? That may just be a date where it's safe to post more images with mystery slots without compromising his NDA... and now he won't share his thoughts on it after all the eeveelution crap.

Hopefully it will be a reveal, though, because I think we're all a bit tired of the mystery teasers.

So it's definitely movie-related? I highly doubt there is anything of interest in that department. Maybe he thought that the Eevee secret was more interesting than it is.

What exactly is the deal with Marcus Sellars? I know he's been known for being completely wrong on stuff and people think he's full of bs, but was there ever a time to actually give him the benefit of the doubt? I feel like he wouldn't ever be brought up if he was never reliable to begin with. Where did it all go wrong for him and if he's truly not reliable then why are we still talking about him as if he could possibly have anything to offer? XP

Of course he is. The problem is that he has never said that what he saw was related to the new games. He has always said that the movie's merchandise was over for him and he was already investigating stuff from summer. To me this means that whatever merchandise he saw about the movie was not that important as you may think. Just some kind of spoiler liker the eevee one imo. I may be wrong and I still trust Paul but I don't want believe something he's never said.

He never explicitly said it was for the new game, but if it was just for the movie and was nothing special he wouldn't have acted like it was actually surprising. He would have just said nothing about it or made sure people knew it wasn't going to be anything special like he did with the Eevee stuff. Also he wouldn't have had a reason to delete that tweet. I'm not saying the merch that'll be revealed on the 26th will be anything too crazy, but considering he doesn't want to talk about I'd say it isn't just some random movie merch that's not important.

Of course he is. The problem is that he has never said that what he saw was related to the new games. He has always said that the movie's merchandise was over for him and he was already investigating stuff from summer. To me this means that whatever merchandise he saw about the movie was not that important as you may think. Just some kind of spoiler liker the eevee one imo. I may be wrong and I still trust Paul but I don't want to believe something he's never said.

I think you're missing the point here. I'll admit it's hard for me to prove it because of the fact that he's since deleted the tweets we're referring to. His coyness with the suggestion that the Switch game is not Gen 8, coupled with the tweets about the merchandise of "extreme interest" that he can't talk about until the day after the 26th, which by the way is the day after the investors meeting.

I don't think it's strictly movie related judging from this conversation

Attachments

• pokeshopper.PNG
    pokeshopper.PNG
    88.2 KB · Views: 111
He never explicitly said it was for the new game, but if it was just for the movie and was nothing special he wouldn't have acted like it was actually surprising. He would have just said nothing about it or made sure people knew it wasn't going to be anything special like he did with the Eevee stuff. Also he wouldn't have had a reason to delete that tweet. I'm not saying the merch that'll be revealed on the 26th will be anything too crazy, but considering he doesn't want to talk about I'd say it isn't just some random movie merch that's not important.
I am not saying it's nothing but he was the first one to say not to expect anything else from the movie cause he had already moved on from the movie's merchandise. Maybe he saw the bandage eevee before the trailer and got shocked? Who knows...I'm just saying that if he thinks that there'll be nothing else important to be revealed about the movie maybe we should not consider that relevant what he saw back in March cause he just stated he would talk about it after the 26th not that what he saw was a major news for the switch titles. It's better to avoid another flying eeveelution scenario.

I am not saying it's nothing but he was the first one to say not to expect anything else from the movie cause he had already moved on from the movie's merchandise. Maybe he saw the bandage eevee before the trailer and got shocked? Who knows...I'm just saying that if he thinks that there'll be nothing else important to be revealed about the movie maybe we should not consider that relevant what he saw back in March cause he just stated he would talk about it after the 26th not that what he saw was a major news for the switch titles. It's better to avoid another flying eeveelution scenario.

nah bandaged eevee in the trailer was his first time seeing it, I commented asking if bandaged eevee was the gimmick and he was like "I guess? It's so random XD"

i don't think this will be another flying eevee situation. whenever people called him out on this saying it wouldn't be worth the hype and he was misleading people, he'd be all like coy like "just wait" and "whatever you say"

It's probably a compleatly new pokemon. Mabye if the leaks are real its the fat grass thing piuk was talking about XD
I want to list some of the miracles we need for that to become true:

- Next games are gen 8.
- Next games have new pokemon.
- GF decides to reveal a new pokemon that is not a starter or a legend on the first announcement.
- Piuk leak was real.
I don't think it's strictly movie related judging from this conversation
Basically he is saying that he saw merchandise that is not movie related not that something new will be revealed. For what we know he saw a map of kanto being distributed in October at Pokemon Centers and he thought it was interesting considering the last rumors. Guys don't misunderstand his words. He never explicitly said that something important is going to be revealed on the 26th.

I want to list some of the miracles we need for that to become true:

- Next games are gen 8.
- Next games have new pokemon.
- GF decides to reveal a new pokemon that is not a starter or a legend on the first announcement.
- Piuk leak was real.

Basically he is saying that he saw merchandise that is not movie related not that something new will be revealed. For what we know he saw a map of kanto being distributed in October at Pokemon Centers and he thought it was interesting considering the last rumors. Guys don't misunderstand his words. He never explicitly said that something important is going to be revealed on the 26th.

I don't think anyone was saying that something important was being revealed on the 26th.we were just speculating on what it is he originally planned on talking about on the 26th

he was deff hyping it up before he deleted his tweets though. I understand now wanting to get hyped over it, but he was literally hyping it up himself then tried to hit "undo" before it spread around too much.

And guys, look at the screencap I posted up above a little bit. What he saw had nothing to do with Zeraora presumably.

Paul was talking about Zeraora as early as December, and was already confident it was coming early/mid April before he made the cryptic tweet. He knew everyone knew it was coming, he wouldnt've been hyped or gotten people hyped over that

Don't forget that we didn't know about Zeraora back then. Maybe he saw Zeraora's name for the first time with those products?
Nah he already knew about Zeraora at that point... plus he follows Joe, so I doubt he got away without seeing it leaked on Serebii beforehand. If I recall right, the figurine posting came after the mystery eevee post, where he had already called Zeraora out, so... that definitely wasn't news to him.

I don't think anyone was saying that something important was being revealed on the 26th.we were just speculating on what it is he originally planned on talking about on the 26th

he was deff hyping it up before he deleted his tweets though. I understand now wanting to get hyped over it, but he was literally hyping it up himself then tried to hit "undo" before it spread around too much.

And guys, look at the screencap I posted up above a little bit. What he saw had nothing to do with Zeraora presumably
If all this discussion is based on Paul saying he will comment on those two products on the 26th then there's nothing to talk about. Oriden found out that those products are Zeraora stuff so...don't know, I'm just suggesting to don't expect anything on the 26th cause that was about Zeraora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom