• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're just about done translating the games judging from the job listings, so I don't see why they would wait until late November to release them.

And we could very well not be dealing with a new region.
True, but they could have just translated the script ahead of time, they could have all the dialogue done, but be lacking the actual coded work.
I would be happy because that gives me more time to save for the Switch and maybe it will even get a price reduction in the meantime. Alas, I highly doubt they would take so long to release a Pokemon game when Nintendo wants to sell more Switchs as soon as possible.
Can be done without Pokemon really, for one they're already selling to Pokemon fans (I even brought mine ahead of them saying it'd be on the switch because I saw no 3ds successor in sight) and we have metriod and smash to hold over the switch for another year. So they can sell on that alone, and with the promise of a Pokemon game that alone will sell it to Pokemon fans.

So how would you guys feel if the games came out late 2019?

Like I'm talking November 2019, since we know generations have a 3 year gap (and november 2018 is only two years since sm) and before you say the anime is going to fast, we still have rainbow rocket to delve into if they wanted, and hell I could think of an entire year long season based on that alone.

Altough this generation feels so empty I want to get out of it too, it doesn't have the same feel gen 6 had, I just can't explain it. Gen 6 felt more alive but gen 7 felt dead a few months after sm came out. So I want to move into gen 8 as much as the next guy but 2 years might be too soon.

I can wait for good new pokemon, moves and abilities if they are as good as in gen 6 and 7, but want gyms back...
Better wait longer then to get the feeling of unfinished or wasted oportunities like they did in previous generations. (Heatproof(1) ; Water(2) compaction; reduce damage 66% first time, and 50% every next time and boost both stats when hit with fire(1); water(2) moves)

Heracross(500 t.stats; give it circle throw) and its mega(600 t.stats) are really good, Buzzwole and Pheromosa(570 t.stats) also interesting take as UBs but Im feeling we are missing something, like a better wall as special tank or a fast and speedy weaper? as a regular line ? maybe with a more defensive character line like ability sturdy and Counter or more?
feeling that something with more special defense and something with more defense could be be right. also there is room between Heracross 85 speed and Pheromosa 151 speed to be used for a niche... maybe with less attack more in the special direction and more with defense?
Im comparing their stats , moves and abilisties lately and think that we could get some - probanly 2 more pokes with this typing or a evolution line that has one bug that evolves into two diffrent bug/fighting?

True, but they could have just translated the script ahead of time, they could have all the dialogue done, but be lacking the actual coded work.
Only if something went wrong. That isn't how they've handled the localization process in the past 5 years.

Can be done without Pokemon really,
When their target is 25-30 million units, that's doubtful.

Only if something went wrong. That isn't how they've handled the localization process in the past 5 years.

When their target is 25-30 million units, that's doubtful.
Yeah, you're right but we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. I really feel like Nintendo is rushing gamefreak a little here. They are in a rush to make up for the Wii u's failure.

It's kinda funny that the switch is pretty much a more portable Wii u and it's a huge success xD

So how would you guys feel if the games came out late 2019?

Like I'm talking November 2019, since we know generations have a 3 year gap (and november 2018 is only two years since sm) and before you say the anime is going to fast, we still have rainbow rocket to delve into if they wanted, and hell I could think of an entire year long season based on that alone.

Altough this generation feels so empty I want to get out of it too, it doesn't have the same feel gen 6 had, I just can't explain it. Gen 6 felt more alive but gen 7 felt dead a few months after sm came out. So I want to move into gen 8 as much as the next guy but 2 years might be too soon.
Man, I remember Gen 6 was the first time I joined up over here and from what I can recall that everyone was really hoping that it would end with a Z version to iron it out immediately after Oras rubbed some people the wrong way. Because of that 2015 became a war zone between the Z tenders and and the Gen 7 hopefuls.
What a awful time that was.

Man, I remember Gen 6 was the first time I joined up over here and from what I can recall that everyone was really hoping that it would end with a Z version to iron it out immediately after Oras rubbed some people the wrong way. Because of that 2015 became a war zone between the Z tenders and and the Gen 7 hopefuls.
What a awful time that was.
Same, I stayed far away from the forums because of that xD still remember logging in one day to see a thread about remake box arts, thought it was another joke thread with fan art. Kept reading and no one was saying it was a joke, I immediately went to serebii to have my hoenn confirmed hopes Confirmed xD.

Hey, does anyone know when the investors meeting is? Is it Japan time?

Same, I stayed far away from the forums because of that xD still remember logging in one day to see a thread about remake box arts, thought it was another joke thread with fan art. Kept reading and no one was saying it was a joke, I immediately went to serebii to have my hoenn confirmed hopes Confirmed xD.
As guy who was just moving to Japan at that time, it felt like Gen six was overshadowed by controversy.
In Japan it was the now infamous YW2 and in the West it was the massive debate about what the next step in the series should be or how anal many were towards the games in general.

maybe its absurd but i want generation 0 in world of pokemon something before kanto completely different not precisely attached for core series something counts before bulbasaur pokedex entry

It's funny because we went from most people wanting a 4-year generation back then to about the same number of people wanting a 2-year generation now. The Switch is the reason, but still.

Yeah and then see the Switch game being underdeveloped because its rushed and then the same people are gonna complain we got them too early and want a 3/4 year gap towards the next gen.

Yeah and then see the Switch game being underdeveloped because its rushed and then the same people are gonna complain we got them too early and want a 3/4 year gap towards the next gen.

Well people want a 2 year gen this time for two reasons. Firstly, Nintendo themselves teasing '2018 or later' leaves many fans hopeful for a potential 2018 release and the Switch to a home console is very exciting. I'm quite sure that if Nintendo never mentioned '2018 or later', many fans wouldn't even have expected a game this year, and a lot of them would have straight up expected 2019.

A second reason in my opinion is that USUM aren't very satisfactory endings to a generation, unlike how Emerald, Platinum/HGSS or BW2 were, as they had more replayability and stuff to do postgame, so that held people longer.

Well people want a 2 year gen this time for two reasons. Firstly, Nintendo themselves teasing '2018 or later' leaves many fans hopeful for a potential 2018 release and the Switch to a home console is very exciting. I'm quite sure that if Nintendo never mentioned '2018 or later', many fans wouldn't even have expected a game this year, and a lot of them would have straight up expected 2019.

A second reason in my opinion is that USUM aren't very satisfactory endings to a generation, unlike how Emerald, Platinum/HGSS or BW2 were, as they had more replayability and stuff to do postgame, so that held people longer.
The real reason is because this is a two decade wet dream in the making and the idea of a home console Pokemon game is so enchanting. Though, most are gearing themselves up for an old fashioned sucker punch

View: https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/989111107859038209?s=19

Nice video.According to Serebii it's just a video that is shown at the Pokémon Center Tokyo DX. There are four variants, each focusing on Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pikachu, the mascots of the Center.So it doesn't mean anything.

But didn't an user here have an idea for a Pokémon Switch trailer similar to this one?With Pikachu jumping around the systems and such?Was it @Desdar300?

They've done the Pikachu running through the gens before this. There was a promo vid at the expo they did for XY too that had a Pikachu walking by all the older consoles until it got to the 3ds. So it's not really a new concept. It's a good idea for retrospectives tho

Is 'Make your story' supposed to tie in with 'Everyone's Story' or something else?

I guess I'm looking too much into it...
The idea is great, and Pikachu looks cute! (And they actually acknowledged that Raichu exists!)

"Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold!" dates back to Prof. Oak's introduction speech. Maybe the wording is even closer in Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom