• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah @nickdt is definitely correct. Fiscal years change from country to country, and sometimes it's even different across different industries or businesses.

Fiscal year - Wikipedia

the fiscal year is from April to April across the board. That's why everyone. (at least in NA from what I know) does their taxes in April. It'd be crazy if some did their stuff at other parts of the year.

It would be simpler if that were true; unfortunately it's not so.

Were there more tweets other than the one I was shown where he was hyping anything else up? I only saw the product codes that he said he was going to comment on that were just Zeraora things.

he was a little bit more lowkey about this but there was the one pic I linked of people arguing with him saying he was just getting people's hopes up, and how he didn't know anything, to which he responded that he'd seen all M21 merch and what he was hyping up had nothing to do with M21

He might've been referring to the eevee shoulder merch, but idk since wasn't that included on the same scan as the zeraora plush?

he has definitely implied that he's seen things beyond movie merch that raises interest

Yeah @nickdt is definitely correct. Fiscal years change from country to country, and sometimes it's even different across different industries or businesses.

Fiscal year - Wikipedia

It would be simpler if that were true; unfortunately it's not so.

Like I said, I can only speak on behalf of the countries I’ve been involved with and the countries in which they have operated - all operating within the same fiscal year.

Regardless - we are drifting far from the original point. The”2018 or later” quote was absolutely not referring to a fiscal year.

View attachment 109674
Africa region?
-the flowers are sunflowers
-globe is showing Africa
-South Africa is one of the biggest sunflower producers in the world
-one of their capitals is named Bloemfontein which means Flowerfountain if translated literally
And remember the BattlePyramid mentioned at USUM?

TPC has hinted at things a lot in the past,like Alola,RR,etc.

Im so late so I dont know if someone else said that already, but if you go to your room in SM/USUM, the earth globe shows a continent very similar to Africa... IDK, its very strange XD

p2.jpg

Just dropping by with a quick reminder about a forum-wide rule that was recently updated:

12. Don't post offensive or oversexualized images (Inappropriate Content)
  • Don't link to websites that notoriously contain inappropriate content (e.g. 4Chan). Appropriate screenshots from these sites may be used instead.
I'll be a bit lenient with this one, as the rule was updated fairly quietly and recently. If you want to point something out that's been posted on 4chan, please screenshot the content in question rather than linking to it. You can easily do so by pressing your "prtscr" button at the top of your keyboard, pasting into your image editor of choice and cropping the content you want to share.

Direelite has also pointed out a convenient alternative here.

Happy speculating!

Last edited:
You can easily do so by pressing your "prtscr" button at the top of your keyboard, pasting into your image editor of choice and cropping the content you want to share.
!

There’s also a handy program called Greenshot that lets you print screen specific screen sections. Like a better sniping tool, has image editing and uploading built in as well. I use it all the time and would recommend it.

Im so late so I dont know if someone else said that already, but if you go to your room in SM/USUM, the earth globe shows a continent very similar to Africa... IDK, its very strange XD

p2.jpg

Lol. I did but doesn't hurt if someone mentions it again.

But after closely examination, i think the continent on the globe is most likely South America, since Madagscar is missing, although the continent above doesn't look like North America and we also see a landmass in the Southwest, which can be Australia, although again, New Zealand is missing and if we look in the NorthWest, we also see a big landmass, but if it was North America, we should have seen the Hawaian Islands and Japan. We cannot be sure, unless the landmass in the Northwest is the UK (Its big enough, but the landmass underneath kinda makes that impossible).

Its possible that globe is just GF's way of showing that the Pokemon World closely resembles ours, but does not completely and that the globe means absolutely nothing.

Do you guys remember that piece of merchandise that should be revealed in June? The one that Paul Ryan was not expecting? At first I thought it would have been Zeraora with a Plasma fists pose but right now there's litterally nothing else left for the movie to reveal...
P.s. Did we find out if Eevee is coming with the glasses or the bandage?

the earth globe shows a continent very similar to Africa... IDK, its very strange XD
The regions have all been based on real-world locations-it's not exactly surprising that they'd base a globe off of the real one, either. Besides, their options are either to make a globe like the real thing or to make up a new globe for the Pokemon world, and I doubt they'd want to design whole continents just for a small detail in the player's room.

The regions have all been based on real-world locations-it's not exactly surprising that they'd base a globe off of the real one, either. Besides, their options are either to make a globe like the real thing or to make up a new globe for the Pokemon world, and I doubt they'd want to design whole continents just for a small detail in the player's room.
I know, but its strange that it shows Africa specifically. At least for me XD

I am more interested in the autograph, which wasn't there in SM. Bulbapedia claims that it's Lt. Surge's.
I heard it was Surge's too, but was that ever officially confirmed beyond it being said to be a Kanto gym leader from your home region you moved from?

Looking at it I could see it being the Vermillion badge. It's a little hard to tell, but it certainly has that kind of shape and coloring.

So while he still hasn't said anything too crazy Paul Ryan has been a little active today. He still seems pretty positive a 2018 release is possible. He agrees that it could be pushed to early 2019, but he said it's looking likely for the game to come out this year. Again nothing too crazy, but it's nice to see him at least a little active again. Hopefully nothing drives him away again

View attachment 109674
Africa region?
-the flowers are sunflowers
-globe is showing Africa
-South Africa is one of the biggest sunflower producers in the world
-one of their capitals is named Bloemfontein which means Flowerfountain if translated literally
And remember the BattlePyramid mentioned at USUM?

TPC has hinted at things a lot in the past,like Alola,RR,etc.

Since Masuda shared a tweet that shows the globe at a different angle.... assuming these are hints to begin with, I can easily see the title be Pokemon World. If they're sticking with Gen 7 graphics + grid landscape and if the DLC mentioned in the hiring positions are anything to go by, then it might be possible for them to cram more than one region into the Switch. Just a speculative thought though.

and yeah the eeveee shoulder thing might’ve been what Paul saw. He was thinking the screenshot might’ve been real (after seeing this merch if I’m not mistaken)

This had crossed my mind too... come to think of it, both him and Joe barely said anything about that screenshot; Joe said nothing at all, while Paul simply questioned whether or not people believed the screenshot. But all in all, those two kept their lips sealed on the screenshot when both are pretty famous for shooting down fakes as soon as possible.

What if we get a reveal trailer and the release date at the end says "Releasing in 2018 or later". Bahahahahahahahahaha I would diiiiieeeee.

That would honestly be the best meme in the history of Pokemon.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

The all globe confirmed.

Pokemon World C O N F I R M E D.

View: https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/989603438974533632

Oooh, I'm really looking forward to this. I hope it's related to the Trading Card Game.

Holy shiza, that's the background from the Gen 7 Pokedex entries. Very interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom