• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
It's not like Smash is the only game they'll talk about guys. It may be the focal point, but that's just it. Also it's the only major game they have announced as of yet anyway so it makes sense that they wouldn't reference anything else now. If they straight up said Pokemon was gonna have a huge presence at e3, but didn't reveal it first they'd be blowing their own cover. Just chill out. This means nothing for the game lol

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
It's not like Smash is the only game they'll talk about guys. It may be the focal point, but that's just it. Also it's the only major game they have announced as of yet anyway so it makes sense that they wouldn't reference anything else now. If they straight up said Pokemon was gonna have a huge presence at e3, but didn't reveal it first they'd be blowing their own cover. Just chill out. This means nothing for the game lol
i really hope you right

Reaction score
Yeah Nintendo is just doing what they do every year in terms of e3 plans, it’s nothing surprising. 2017 e3, BOTW was the huge focus but we still had s/m footage shown.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
Yeah Nintendo is just doing what they do every year in terms of e3 plans, it’s nothing surprising. 2017 e3, BOTW was the huge focus but we still had s/m footage shown.
well they did say we getting live sun and moon gameplay

Explore.
Reaction score
Pokemon not getting a huge focus at E3 doesn't really surprise me. They have trailers and gameplay, sure, but never really nothing on a massive scale. I don't know how many times it's been mentioned that TPC primarily handles the marketing on their own terms

I wouldn't be panicking guys. 'Tis all guuuuud....

Reaction score
31414E0A-B7AA-49CC-90D8-24A27AEA6CCF.jpeg

If Pokemon is a 2018 release it’s likely we will see it here with the rest of the 2018 releases. If it’s 2019 it’s likely we will see it with future releases like Metroid / Bayonetta maybe.

Not sure how likely though but e3 will provide answers regardless unless Pokémon hold a special showcase thing afterwards or just before like usual.

moderator edit: placed spoiler tags around the large image

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally Who
Reaction score
Please don't assume that a home console Pokemon game would be a secondary presence at E3. That's too big of a deal.
But TPCI is the main ones marketing it, not nintendo. It will have an e3 cameo without a doubt. It will probably be the secondary game at e3

Reaction score
Pokemon not being a big focus at e3 makes me think this is not a gen 8 game.

X and y
Sun and moon

Got big focus at e3. Explaining new features

Literally Who
Reaction score
Pokemon not being a big focus at e3 makes me think this is not a gen 8 game.

X and y
Sun and moon

Got big focus at e3. Explaining new features
None of those games had a big focus at e3. Sun and moon just had a 45 minute stream and a trailer, botw was the focus. X and Y got a trailer and a tpci (not nintendo) hosted event (called the roundtable)with an online battle.Smash 4 was the focus of e3 2013

Reaction score
None of those games had a big focus at e3. Sun and moon just had a 45 minute stream and a trailer, botw was the focus. X and Y got a trailer and a tpci (not nintendo) hosted event (called the roundtable)with an online battle.Smash 4 was the focus of e3 2013
I would call that a big focus personally.
Before XY. Pokémon was non existent at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.