• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone show me how the tweet shows Africa? It doesn’t scream Africa to me... if anything, it seems strikingly like India to me... (maybe seeing the map for years has done that to me.)

I can make out India's border, and Himalayas on GameFreak's tweet, and I cannot see Africa there at all. But there's an unnatural amount of whiteness there to be India, I think.

It definitely doesn’t look like Africa to me. I'd love to have one of you clear it up!

A combination of India and Himalaya as region would be awesome if they ever made that, i would love a region like that.

I love how we had a break year for sm and it still came out rushed (last minute trails) which is probably why they released usum because they wanted to correct spots they'd rushed over. Which fine and all but USUM still lacks a bit too, but at least they added a mini game in the ultra space and mantine surf both of which I love.

So even if this is a break year no garuntee it'll be good.

And if a game does come out this year don't expct one in 2019 or hell maybe even 2020 either.
GF historically always adds and removed at the last minute. Gold and Silver are great examples of this, so I wouldn't take that as the gospel when deciding if something is a rush job

I really don't get how this new E3 information says anything about Pokémon Switch...
Also,they said they would only show 2017 titles last E3 too and most of the games they announced aren't out yet.

Are here some french guys to translate some answers from ubi dude before i jump to conlusions, because when i google translated a question and answer on this account this came out:

Q: If only Pokémon could be a real open world in the same genre as Zelda ... If only

A: Somewhere Pokemon becomes an open world during end-game content

Maybe he is throwing out more in french xD and thinks he is safe, as most of the rest of us don‘t get it.

I too always thought may would be the most likely time for an announcement to referencing the E3 discussion, we‘ll just have to wait if anything will pop up after golden week

Attachments

• 1C7C7176-754B-4A2E-8DEF-25985839453E.png
    1C7C7176-754B-4A2E-8DEF-25985839453E.png
    706.2 KB · Views: 96
But that's true.
After beating the League you can go wherever you want and explore everything and everywhere without Lillie stopping you every 3 minutes.
so true, but i was even more annoyed of tali xD His answer reminded me of Final fantasy 13, where the game is totally linear except for the Archylte Steppe. Maybe in near to/ or in post game there is such a bigger area or island thing to explore

i'm the only one who thinks reveal on pokemon world championship is more realistic than E3?

That would have to mean that for some, having "your story" would mean having one version over the other. For a location-based decision, I do not find this to be fair.

Ooh ok thanks for claryfing. I think the ubi dude, if he is not just trolling, is still hinting towards something, i don‘t think he just meant these posts. Maybe another explanation i thought could be, that the new games aren‘t that linear anymore and you decide where to go first and next, and so kind of make your own story, i am not speaking of open world here. I think we are still a long way away from open world in pokemon games.

Yes :) :) I think there will be some connection between the new games and this all new phrase; There are a lot of options, including the one mentioned on this page of the thread which is that maybe after the main game/story, there could be much more to explore than usual, that would contain many interesting challenges!

They could reveal at worlds for an early 2019 release (I’m actually surprised they haven’t done a game reveal at worlds yet)

That’s why even if the game is early 2019, I still think the likelyhood of us hearing about it within the next few months is high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom