• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering about the anime's direction too if the Switch game takes us back to Kanto. I think it would be interesting if they gave us a new protagonist to replace Ash, but I can only dream.

All I'd like to know for now though is when we'll hear something haha.

Yeahhhh... Ash isn't going anywhere any time soon guys, hate to disappoint you all. I'm not sure whether we're getting Gen 8 or a Kanto Remake/Reboot, they could make a "League Arc" in the anime to tie over until Gen 8 comes out. Depends on what they want or need to do.

Yeahhhh... Ash isn't going anywhere any time soon guys, hate to disappoint you all. I'm not sure whether we're getting Gen 8 or a Kanto Remake/Reboot, they could make a "League Arc" in the anime to tie over until Gen 8 comes out. Depends on what they want or need to do.
The real point is that everything can happen. If the anime needs to change it will end, if it can go on with gen 7 it will. The anime is not indicative in anyway of what or when the switch titles will be about/released.

The real point is that everything can happen. If the anime needs to change it will end, if it can go on with gen 7 it will. The anime is not indicative in anyway of what or when the switch titles will be about/released.

Like i said before: The anime markets the games, not the other way around. If the anime isn't finished or close too being finished, the games will not be getting released, meaning the anime staff needs to get a heads-up if a game comes this year (Like they have gotten with Dusk Lycanroc).

We have only gotten 2 of the UB's (Not counting Nihilego and Poipole), in the UB arc and it seems we get 1 of them each month (And even that is debatable at this point seeing we are already 2 weeks into May after next weeks epsiode) and i don't think we get Ultra Necrozma before the UB arc is finished and then we are already close towards the end of 2018 and then we have to get the league as well (Since if we don't, Alola has been pretty pointless), which brings us in early 2019. We also got a tweet that GF isn't sure they can release the game in 2018, and if they aren't sure , they won't tell the anime staff and risk that we get an anime gap if they cannot release a game in 2018 and that gap will affect marketing.

Like i said before: The anime markets the games, not the other way around. If the anime isn't finished or close too being finished, the games will not be getting released, meaning the anime staff needs to get a heads-up if a game comes this year (Like they have gotten with Dusk Lycanroc).

We have only gotten 2 of the UB's (Not counting Nihilego and Poipole), in the UB arc and it seems we get 1 of them each month. And i don't think we get Ultra Necrozma before the UB arc is finished and then we are already close towards the end of 2018 and then we have to get the league as well (Since if we don't, Alola has been pretty pointless), which brings us in early 2019. We also got a tweet that GF isn't sure they can release the game in 2018, and if they aren't sure , they won't tell the anime staff and risk that we get an anime gap if they cannot release a game in 2018 and that gap will affect marketing.
No matter how you see things, if the games will come out this year and will be gen 8 then the anime will end somehow. The anime promotes the games not the opposite. S/M main plot was like 4 episodes? I think they could do one more island and 5 UBs in 5 months with necrozma left for November. Who said s/m anime will have a league arc? How Ash will enter the league? He has no badges this time and didn't do the trials...

Last edited:
Since we haven't heen to Kanto since before the introduction of the Fairy type, it'll be interesting to see the dialogue that explains it's discovery in Kanto.

"We used to think Mr.Mime was just a pure Psychic type, but after much discussion and comparing notes with other experts in other regions of the world, we found that it is also a Fairy type!"

Something like that, I'm sure. NPC dialogue is always fun. That's why I always talk to every character at least once!

I think the Sun and Moon anime's pacing is pretty bad without the gym journey... and with keeping Ash rooted to one island instead of adventuring. He easily knocks out an important game milestone in a matter of one or two episodes. If they cut out the filler, we'd probably be done in no time. With that in mind, the anime is definitely not holding us back from getting a new generation by the end of the year, if we are getting one.

Since we haven't heen to Kanto since before the introduction of the Fairy type, it'll be interesting to see the dialogue that explains it's discovery in Kanto.

"We used to think Mr.Mime was just a pure Psychic type, but after much discussion and comparing notes with other experts in other regions of the world, we found that it is also a Fairy type!"

Something like that, I'm sure. NPC dialogue is always fun. That's why I always talk to every character at least once!

Eh... they probably won't even address it. Pretty sure that Steel and Dark were brushed off, even though Magnemite was retyped in Gen 2.

Well if Pikachu can change its evolution eating pancakes I think everything can happen. Logic? Not at GF's.

(Since if we don't, Alola has been pretty pointless)

The "point" of Ash being in Alola is that he's on vacation. If there isn't a league then that's not a big deal. You're assuming that a league is necessary and it isn't. Regardless of whether they've mentioned it in passing a few times or not the league isn't a given like it was in the other regions. They might have a league, but it's certainly not something that needs to happen. So they could very well finish up the UB and then have Ash go on his merry way. Leaving plenty of time for them to make the jump to the new content of the new game. Also even if there is a league they could easily have it be a small league where Ash battles his friends.

The "point" of Ash being in Alola is that he's on vacation. If there isn't a league then that's not a big deal. You're assuming that a league is necessary and it isn't. Regardless of whether they've mentioned it in passing a few times or not the league isn't a given like it was in the other regions. They might have a league, but it's certainly not something that needs to happen. So they could very well finish up the UB and then have Ash go on his merry way. Leaving plenty of time for them to make the jump to the new content of the new game. Also even if there is a league they could easily have it be a small league where Ash battles his friends.
Agree. I also think that if a league arc was meant to exist they would have treated the trials more seriously. Something like a linear journey from point one to point league like they did in the past. This time Ash litterally does whatever he wants: one day he fights Gladion, next day finds a new pokemon, then he battles a totem pokemon, then he finds a new UB, then he fights a kahuna, one of his pokemon evolves. S/M main plot happened while he was on Akala. There's litterally no logic. Things happen and he is like: "oh let's do it".

P.s. Remember that Alola still needs its first champion and we know that Ash will never be that.

-List has bad english
-Outside the list, the english is perfect, despite saying otherwise
Immediately discarded

It’s not perfect, it’s more so the use of language.

I was expecting a real far out fan leak LOL

More French people, maybe at best someone within the French translator team ?

4chan :link: I found this thing.

One of the guy's follow up comments mentioned teaching Pokémon up to 10 moves…I don't think we need to say anything about that…

But it got me thinking, some are hinting at/expecting a change to the battle system somehow, and many assume it'll be a large one at that, but what if, assuming they're will be any change at all, it will be a small yet impactful one? (Like the Gen IV Special/Physical split), rather than a major alteration to the Format? itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the guy's follow up comments mentioned teaching Pokémon up to 10 moves…I don't think we need to say anything about that…

But it got me thinking, some are hinting at/expecting a change to the battle system somehow, and many assume it'll be a large one at that, but what if, assuming they're will be any change at all, it will be a small yet impactful one? (Like the Gen IV Special/Physical split), rather than a major alteration to the Format? itself.

That’s most likely what will happen. Most people when they first saw that statement jumped the gun and expect a huge change without thinking.

We experience minor and alternative adjustments to the battle and general feel with each game, it’s likely another simplefication will occur again, we are almost to the point where we can fully control our pokeball and ev and iv choice at will, i imagine they will go further this time to make things easier for everyone especially in the breeding department which gets a lot of complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom