• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With mythicals they do seem to be letting their grip loosen, for example celebi and deoxys are now catchable without an event.

But some I can't see being normal catches since they're still marketable
Mew
Jirachi
Arceus
Darkrai
Victini

No one really cares for manphy and shaymin is eh ok but they never market it keldeo has all but been forgotten and genesect I can see being catchable whenever we visit unova again since it's pretty eh, diancie volcanion and hoopa will have lost all luster when we finally make it to XY remakes and I feel should be catachable by then.

Well as far as Bulbapedia is concerned, Alolan Raichu, Marowak and Exeggutor are technically Cross-Gen Evolutions, so there is every possibility that we'll see more in the future, in some way or form.

Bulbapedia is just a consensus opinion of some relative few fans.

Them saying that those count as cross-gen evolutions has literally no more value than anybody else saying that they don’t count.

With mythicals they do seem to be letting their grip loosen, for example celebi and deoxys are now catchable without an event.
Celebi's never been catchable without an event. The closest it's ever come is in Crystal, and that still required an event item.

No one really cares for manphy
Just because you don't like a Pokemon doesn't mean nobody else does.

Celebi's never been catchable without an event. The closest it's ever come is in Crystal, and that still required an event item.
He's referring to Crystal VC, where the GS Ball is obtained via normal gameplay. That isn't quite the same as the Deoxys case since VC games are relatively obscure.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
But some I can't see being normal catches since they're still marketable
Mew
It actually received almost the same treatment as Celebi in that the Japanese versions of RGBY VC were bundled with a serial code to unlock Mew in the Generation VI games, which was possible for over a year. This is how Celebi was handled for GS VC.

But really, the only question is if they're going to use old mythicals as movie stars again. They managed not to do that in the last generation since there were enough new mythicals.

It's been a while since we've heard from any of the riddlers. I can understand golden week playing a part. I'm curious what we will hear next :D

I can't, especially since we only have one alleged leaker from Japan.

If I were a leaker, I wouldnt leak during golden week, i'd want to do it in the active periods of the year and choose very carefully, So I can understand why we have had a complete leak drought lately. Even on 4chan its been completely dead.

I think at this point it's easier to wait to see who is right. We have a pretty large amount of rumors and we can keep collecting them all we want. However, unless we have a reveal to validate any of them obtaining a large collection is more or less meaningless. At this point we have enough from the major "leakers" to come to a decisive conclusion once the game gets revealed.

It said that they will work too much with Pikachu. But why...?

Intern Pikachu has been a thing for years. It's nothing special. Also Pikachu is the franchise mascot soooooooo is it really that weird they'd use the one Pikachu plush that wears a suit? In addition to this many people say that they have much work to do and that they'll do their best on Monday/ Masuda says it almost every Monday since he's going back to work from the weekend for instance. It's not really anything crazy imo.

I feel like something is coming VERY soon

View: https://twitter.com/TW_PhantomLord/status/986352895258955777?s=19

He said this 3 weeks ago
He is a verified ubisoft employee

Why does this one tweet make you think something is happening "VERY soon"? This was after he posted the pic of the Lapras and Blastoise and everyone jumped on him. It's not like this tweet in particular makes it sound like anything crazy is happening "soon". Sure he's hinting at something in his tweets, but this one seems like he just wanted people to stop bothering him

Well it's one of those things where they could be pointless or they could have meaning. Again like I said above it's really hard to know for sure who knows stuff and who doesn't until we at least get titles. Thus why it's a little silly to full disregard people or fully accept people. Just let the rumors roll in and then once we get something concrete we can clean house and see what remains

I feel like something is coming VERY soon

View: https://twitter.com/TW_PhantomLord/status/986352895258955777?s=19

He said this 3 weeks ago
He is a verified ubisoft employee

View: https://twitter.com/TW_PhantomLord/status/993247464798015491?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/TW_PhantomLord/status/993251224018477057?s=20

hide: Does this have a near or far relationship with Nintendo? (I will not ask you more )

The Panda(Spy)R0o(nsight): Frankly, close, very close even

(My words, not theirs) People are confident this is related to Nintendo's Online Service for the Switch…and for some reason they think some news about it is coming tomorrow; also there's this too:

View: https://twitter.com/TW_PhantomLord/status/993248790395215873?s=20

Sunnard: Direct Thursday? (Or before...)

The Panda(Spy)R0o(nsight):
No direct it seems to me that it will be a complete maj of the website everything will be textual but I can be wrong

I'd like to offer a PSA that Nintendo has already said they'll be talking about the online services for the Switch soon. So even if a Pokemon announcement does come this month there's no guarantee that it'll happen first. People need to chill out. Something is technically coming, but it may not be Pokemon related. That Ubisoft guy is likely just talking about the Switch online stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom