• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to offer a PSA that Nintendo has already said they'll be talking about the online services for the Switch soon. So even if a Pokemon announcement does come this month there's no guarantee that it'll happen first. People need to chill out. Something is technically coming, but it may not be Pokemon related. That Ubisoft guy is likely just talking about the Switch online stuff.

That actually makes sense. Whatever online feature we get in Pokemon Switch, it would probably have something to do with the online service that's to be announced for the Switch. It makes a lot more sense to announce that feature first before any future games that are likely to use it.

I mean also it's the only thing that's actually been promised to us and on top of that it only take them updating their website to talk about it.........lol If the online service was so important in that regard then they would have waited to announce Smash as well seeing as it'll need the service as well. Maybe even more so.

There are many of these; it is wonderful for more people to find out about them; I certainly didn't know! It brings back the feeling of the original Gen 1 and 2 music that felt more like it was being played on a single instrument with many octaves.

Here are the others so far (it seems like they will keep creating new ones from this soundtrack!), including the first one posted by Masuda-san!!

Why does this one tweet make you think something is happening "VERY soon"? This was after he posted the pic of the Lapras and Blastoise and everyone jumped on him. It's not like this tweet in particular makes it sound like anything crazy is happening "soon". Sure he's hinting at something in his tweets, but this one seems like he just wanted people to stop bothering him

He was hinting at something pokemon related coming soon, he also said don't expect anything in april. Now we are in May territory

Yeahhh, we are so going back to Kanto as the first title on the Switch. I'm convinced now.

You're coy, Junichi, but nit THAT coy.

I for one am fine with a return to Kanto. What I'm NOT fine with is if it's just a copy paste of the original story/layout of Kanto. I want something new. New areas, new plot twists, new scenes in general. Maybe even a few new characters would be cool too. Change things up and it'll be fresh enough to justify going back rather than going to a new region. If they can do all that then it'll be fine. If it's just a regular remake then that'll be a bit disappointing........

I for one am fine with a return to Kanto. What I'm NOT fine with is if it's just a copy paste of the original story/layout of Kanto. I want something new. New areas, new plot twists, new scenes in general. Maybe even a few new characters would be cool too. Change things up and it'll be fresh enough to justify going back rather than going to a new region. If they can do all that then it'll be fine. If it's just a regular remake then that'll be a bit disappointing........
The movies are already set in an alternate universe, maybe so will be the new games.

Red and Blue, but a brand new take on it.

I wonder if Ubisoft will have a relationship with Gamefreak and Nintendo with pokemon in the future.

We've had Namco and Gamefreak and Nintendo and Genius Sonority in the past.

We even have Ubisoft and Nintendo at present. The rabbids came was a roaring success. Maybe we can expect more relationships with Ubisoft and this is what this Ubisoft employee is hinting at ?

Looking at The Panda's tweet and history, he worked on the Mario and Rabbits game and potentially some of that south park game, so maybe it could lead into something else however unlikely lol

I wonder if Ubisoft will have a relationship with Gamefreak and Nintendo with pokemon in the future.

We've had Namco and Gamefreak and Nintendo and Genius Sonority in the past.

We even have Ubisoft and Nintendo at present. The rabbids came was a roaring success. Maybe we can expect more relationships with Ubisoft and this is what this Ubisoft employee is hinting at ?

Looking at The Panda's tweet and history, he worked on the Mario and Rabbits game and potentially some of that south park game, so maybe it could lead into something else however unlikely lol

I mean if Ubisoft ever works with GF on something it won't be any time soon. The guy on twitter already said Ubisoft has nothing to do with the new Pokemon game.

You think another developer with assist Gamefreak with the switch ?

If anyone is helping them it's likely Nintendo proper. Nintendo has more than enough personnel that they can send over to GF to help. Why have a 3rd party company help when they can do it themselves?

If anyone is helping them it's likely Nintendo proper. Nintendo has more than enough personnel that they can send over to GF to help. Why have a 3rd party company help when they can do it themselves?

True but with Pokken they got help from Bandai Namco. So it makes me wonder. Even some of the other pokemon spin offs have other inhouse developers assisting them more than Nintendo. Maybe the mainline games will eventually head in the same direction ?

True but with Pokken they got help from Bandai Namco. So it makes me wonder. Even some of the other pokemon spin offs have other inhouse developers assisting them more than Nintendo. Maybe the mainline games will eventually head in the same direction ?

GF don't make spin off games. Pokken was all Bandai Namco. GF may have done some character designs and threw in some designs, but Bandai Namco was the company that put together Pokken. As for the other spin off those were specifically made by other companies. They didn't just "assist". Most of the Pokemon spin offs had nothing to do with Nintendo proper other than licensing and distribution. For the main series games I think Nintendo would probably want to have their own hands on it rather than needing to contract outside companies. Especially since GF is already technically and outside company. So if help is even needed then Nintendo is likely going to send over their own staff than waste time finding other companies to assist.

GF don't make spin off games. Pokken was all Bandai Namco. GF may have done some character designs and threw in some designs, but Bandai Namco was the company that put together Pokken. As for the other spin off those were specifically made by other companies. They didn't just "assist". Most of the Pokemon spin offs had nothing to do with Nintendo proper other than licensing and distribution. For the main series games I think Nintendo would probably want to have their own hands on it rather than needing to contract outside companies. Especially since GF is already technically and outside company. So if help is even needed then Nintendo is likely going to send over their own staff than waste time finding other companies to assist.

Thats a fair point. Id be very open to having more than Gamefreak working on a main core series game to see if we can get a good story and challenge for once lol

if we getting the game this year the reveal should be in next 35-36 days maximum (from now to E3), at least the madness will stop until early 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom