• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think CoroCoro could reveal something big these days... after the globally launch thing, the magazine became useless for us (regarding bomb news)
?????????
they literally revealed like 15-20 mons before offical news, and they were the first one to break about gen 7 happening. saying they're useless is just wrong

Don't you think it's possible that Game Freak is tricking the fans to think it's going to be Kanto? After all, the best next thing to keeping information a secret is to mislead those who know it.
That would be a lot of effort just to keep the most obvious possibility (a new generation) a secret. The vast majority of potential consumers are not even aware of any rumors.

dvor said:
they were the first one to break about gen 7 happening.
What do you mean by this? The Direct came first.

I was confused since so many fans were still talking about a Kalos game even then, and I suppose we can't mock them for it after Zeraora.

Doesn't change the fact that people at the time thought that Gen 6.5 was happening. They truly didn't believe that Z wasn't coming until SM was announced in a direct several days later.
and it also don't change the fact that CoroCoro was our first indication of gen 7 coming.
people can think whatever they want but it can't change facts.
at that time we didn't see new poekmon mid gen. usum was the first to do it.

No. People at the time thought that we were getting some Gen 6.5 thing.
Doesn't change the fact that people at the time thought that Gen 6.5 was happening. They truly didn't believe that Z wasn't coming until SM was announced in a direct several days later.

You're missing the point tho....It doesn't' matter what people thought it was. The fact is that Magearna was shown in CoroCoro first before we got a direct. Thus CoroCoro essentially revealed that gen 7 was coming first. Isn't this whole argument about whether CoroCoro can reveal stuff first or not? In which case yes it can. Not saying the new game will come from CoroCoro first, but I feel like your side of the argument is losing focus a little lol

You're missing the point tho....It doesn't' matter what people thought it was. The fact is that Magearna was shown in CoroCoro first before we got a direct. Thus CoroCoro essentially revealed that gen 7 was coming first. Isn't this whole argument about whether CoroCoro can reveal stuff first or not? In which case yes it can. Not saying the new game will come from CoroCoro first, but I feel like your side of the argument is losing focus a little lol
But still, CoroCoro is becoming irrelevant. It's Japan only, which is a problem because they want to reach an international audience.

But still, CoroCoro is becoming irrelevant. It's Japan only, which is a problem because they want to reach an international audience.

Oh I don't disagree. CoroCoro has it's place, but most announcements will be made on the WW stage rather than through it. That said TPC and CoroCoro still have a decent relationship so they'll still likely get a few bones thrown to them here and there. Like with Dusk Lycanroc last year. Even back in 2016 CoroCoro still got a few exclusives going on for it. Like I believe Bewear and Sandygast were exclusives for a little while/ I could be wrong on those two in particular, but I'm certain there were a few Pokemon that took a little while to be shown in full. Either way it does get some stuff. That much is for sure.

Which they handle through reveals and announcements on Twitter and with Youtube. Why do you think we frequently get duplicate news?

i think the only reason we got direct last year before E3 is to avoid CoroCoro leaking the game name (in june corocoro revealed ash hat pikachu for US/UM)
even if corocoro won't get anything big they'll get at the very least name of the game which is not worth risking.

CoroCoro has had their news output significantly reduced since the days when Japan got the games a full year before everyone else did.

i think the only reason we got direct last year before E3 is to avoid CoroCoro leaking the game name (in june corocoro revealed ash hat pikachu for US/UM)
even if corocoro won't get anything big they'll get at the very least name of the game which is not worth risking.
Nah, i think the direct before e3 happened because Nintendo’s e3 spotlight was only for the Switch.

Nah, i think the direct before e3 happened because Nintendo’s e3 spotlight was only for the Switch.
Yes. You're right on that one. They wanted to get the 3DS over with so they can focus on the Switch. They will discontinue the 3DS by next year.

they could have easily announce it before the switch games spotlight begin.
something like that:
"before we start please take a look at this"

Yes. You're right on that one. They wanted to get the 3DS over with so they can focus on the Switch. They will discontinue the 3DS by next year.

They've recently said they want the Switch and the 3DS to coexist so I don't think it'll be discontinued by next year. As long as it sells they'll likely keep making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom