• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
?????????
they literally revealed like 15-20 mons before offical news, and they were the first one to break about gen 7 happening. saying they're useless is just wrong

They could break about any gen coming, after XY announcement only TPCi has announced big things related to new games. They usually had announced special mons like Magearna or a Mega but nothing more big than that.

Literally 90% of mainline pokemon games in the last 10 years were announced or had major details in May.

Courtesy of Serebii:
May 15th 2006: First footage and details of Diamond & Pearl
May 15th 2008: Reveal of Pokémon Platinum
May 8th 2009: Reveal of Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
May 15th 2010: First proper details on Pokémon Black & White
May 14th 2013: First proper details on Pokémon X & Y
May 7th 2014: Reveal of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
May 10th 2016: First proper details on Pokémon Sun & Moon.

I don’t see how it’s too late for an announcement for Pokemon Switch.

Yeah but those games announced in may are not new generations, every generation was announced before, and no first detail doesnt mean anything we are talking about when a new generation is announced

Yeah but those games announced in may are not new generations, every generation was announced before, and no first detail doesnt mean anything we are talking about when a new generation is announced

>thinking it's rule

Dear God.

Literally 90% of mainline pokemon games in the last 10 years were announced or had major details in May.

Courtesy of Serebii:
May 15th 2006: First footage and details of Diamond & Pearl
May 15th 2008: Reveal of Pokémon Platinum
May 8th 2009: Reveal of Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
May 15th 2010: First proper details on Pokémon Black & White
May 14th 2013: First proper details on Pokémon X & Y
May 7th 2014: Reveal of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
May 10th 2016: First proper details on Pokémon Sun & Moon.

I don’t see how it’s too late for an announcement for Pokemon Switch.
Exactly, especially since pokemon switch was technically already announced

It won't be selling for long. Pokemon's off of it so it will be obsolete by this year or next.
I mean Pokémon's not its only seller, but the only game I can find coming out next year for the 3DS is
a Remake for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, that being said it is possible that Nintendo's got some stuff planned or maybe they don't.

However with 72.53 million units sold, they can just keep making games for it and it'll keep making money and we can't forget that the best selling Pokémon games on the family were X and Y which sold 16.29 million units, while Mario Kart 7 sold 17.04 million units, making it the best selling game on the platform.

Also Nintendo has gone on record saying they want to continue supporting the Platform past 2018 and claim it can co-exist with the Switch…mind you they said the same thing of the GBA and DS, though that was their original intention, but ultimately the thing is, if the 3DS is going to die, Nintendo is going to have to be the one to kill it.

With not very many games coming out for it, the 3DS is dying. Eventually, it will die. GF pulled the plug on 3DS development, and Pokemon fans will migrate towards the Switch. The 3DS is now 7 years old. It's older than the Wii U by a year. It's entering the end of its life cycle.

The 3ds may be dying but Nintendo have plans to keep it going all the way till 2019 and beyond so its not going anywhere anytime soon sadly lol I would imagine they will keep milking it while they can. If they throw the odd Zelda / Mario game here and there it will do okish.

Here is a relevant question from the investors' meeting:

Kimi.jpg

This has made me wonder if one of the reasons behind revisiting Kanto now (assuming that is the case) is to buy more time until the Switch can become affordable for multiple kids in the same household. As an experimental move, Pokemon Switch might encourage two or more players sharing the same game and system, and to that end having the game appeal to parents is also important.

The next (proper) generation could revert this change depending on how it is received and the availability of a cheaper and more portable Switch by then. There is some chance that the Switch will never be as good a fit for kids as the DS and 3DS were, and it is easy to see how this might have intimidated Ishihara (who said as much) and the rest of Game Freak's board members. Perhaps they preferred to experiment with the Switch instead of committing to it beyond a single release. Mind you, I'm talking about a decision that was probably made by early 2016 when the future was much less certain.

Last edited:
It won't be selling for long. Pokemon's off of it so it will be obsolete by this year or next.

Pokémon isn’t the only game on the 3DS. Nintendo clearly plan to keep it somewhat relevant as seen in the investors meeting question in the post above.

Whelp there's the Switch online service update. Any other "announcements" coming from Nintendo related groups could potentially be Pokemon. That said we still don't have any concrete evidence anything is even coming this month soooooooooooo yeah

Wait......does anyone have a link to that one rumor that said the online service info was coming today? This could mean it was real all along.....lol

That cloud service thing for Switch online sounds interesting, I wonder how it'll be used in Pokemon Switch.

I'd be willing to bet Pokemon is one of the exceptions they talked about when they first mentioned the service. I can't see them making people pay for online battles and trading. Maybe there'll be a new online feature that requires it, but the basic functions I can see being free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom