• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME decides not to pursue Team Galactic and instead climb around the Sinnoh region with his new HM. Watch the new episode here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
Not Dead
Reaction score
Well, most of us are expecting Kanto games anyway and "midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken" is vague but somewhat promising.

I'm indifferent to the other games.

Explore.
Reaction score
Welp, the May 7th and September predictions here are looking a bit too spot on to pass off.
Yeah, I'm blown away. Not to mention a few reliable leakers and Poke-webmasters have already been claiming that we're returning to Kanto. That description of the graphics is almost on par with that Lapras screenshot... the thing about a cross between Gen 7 graphics and Pokken makes me wonder if that means the overworld will be Gen 7 graphics but when you enter into battle, we'll get an arena setup that's similar to Pokken.

Reaction score
interesting they got the date right on the online service, pokemon switch might actually happen at E3...

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
There are some things missing tho keep in mind. Like them renaming the VC title and the fact that it doesn't seem to have any additional things like discord on the plate. Also pretty sure Nintendo specifically stated that e3 will be 2018 titles only so if Metroid Prime 4 really is 2019 they won't be talking about it. The rumor could very well just be a lucky guess

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm blown away. Not to mention a few reliable leakers and Poke-webmasters have already been claiming that we're returning to Kanto. That description of the graphics is almost on par with that Lapras screenshot... the thing about a cross between Gen 7 graphics and Pokken makes me wonder if that means the overworld will be Gen 7 graphics but when you enter into battle, we'll get an arena setup that's similar to Pokken.
I figure it could be something as simple as using the same models with better rendering- like take a look at Pokemon Go. It uses the same models as Sun and Moon, but with a better, more "realistic" render. Graphics upgrade made easy.

Literally Who
Reaction score
That cloud service thing for Switch online sounds interesting, I wonder how it'll be used in Pokemon Switch.
Thats the only good thing from the online announcment
Paid online is a scam
Nintendo doesn't even need all that extra money, they are ready making bank on the switch and will make even more when smash and pokemon release

Literally Who
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one. Now granted it could have only gotten the Online service info date right, but we shall see. The down side of this is that if it's real then we have to wait until June to hear anything about the Switch game hahaha
I think its fake
It would have been red and green instead of red and blue. Plus that was literally the most predictable date for online info.

Reaction score
I think its fake
It would have been red and green instead of red and blue. Plus that was literally the most predictable date for online info.
Not necessarily, a Blue version was also released in Japan- it's actually the version that our Red and Blue was based on, because the original Red and Green had the weird sprites in it. And it would also make more sense to refer to it as a remake of Red and Blue when referencing Pokemon to an English audience.

That said, I just read through the whole thread attached to that post and it sounds like it was a mashup of leaks and rumors, so there's no knowing what else is legit besides the Switch Online thing.

Not Dead
Reaction score
A few things:

1. Someone on Gamefaqs claims that the press knew what to expect today.
2. The "leaker" from Gamefaqs admitted to stealing the rumor from 4chan. He supposedly verified some of the information via his brother, who works at Best Buy's marketing department.
3. The September release was confirmed in January.

Not that it really matters when the Pokemon tidbit is so minimal.

Literally Who
Reaction score
Not necessarily, a Blue version was also released in Japan- it's actually the version that our Red and Blue was based on, because the original Red and Green had the weird sprites in it. And it would also make more sense to refer to it as a remake of Red and Blue when referencing Pokemon to an English audience.

That said, I just read through the whole thread attached to that post and it sounds like it was a mashup of leaks and rumors, so there's no knowing what else is legit besides the Switch Online thing.
Its not even the 7th in Japan ot Europe
Anyone could have predicted the 7th anyways, Its the first work day of the week after golden week

Reaction score
Its not even the 7th in Japan ot Europe
Anyone could have predicted the 7th anyways, Its the first work day of the week after golden week
It's news from an American source, though, not a Japanese source, and it's still the 7th here, so I don't think it not being the 7th in Japan or Europe really matters.

Reaction score
Some claims on that post seem suspicious to me.
  • "Yoshi Flipped Around" seems like a logical title for what we know about the upcoming Yoshi game (this)-but that was revealed in E3 2017. Are they really showing it off at two E3s?
  • There's a claim that Activision is going to make a Crash amiibo. But Crash was just recently made as a Skylander in Imaginators, which is on the Switch, and Activision has made amiibo/Skylander figures before-they did it in the previous game, Superchargers, with Bowser and DK. So why not make Crash an amiibo then?
  • Luigi is being released as playable DLC for Odyssey-on the very day they make the announcement. As a surprise separate from E3, I can understand, but spending time at an event about upcoming games to talk about something that you can already do?

Where Are My Donuts?
Reaction score
Is there still a chance the new movie will feature a new Pokemon?

Not Dead
Reaction score
Not to be a contrarian, but:

"Yoshi Flipped Around" seems like a logical title for what we know about the upcoming Yoshi game (this)-but that was revealed in E3 2017. Are they really showing it off at two E3s?
Why not? It doesn't have a title yet and they showcased Breath of the Wild twice.

There's a claim that Activision is going to make a Crash amiibo. But Crash was just recently made as a Skylander in Imaginators, which is on the Switch, and Activision has made amiibo/Skylander figures before-they did it in the previous game, Superchargers, with Bowser and DK. So why not make Crash an amiibo then?
Possibly because no actual Crash game is on a Nintendo system just yet.

Luigi is being released as playable DLC for Odyssey-on the very day they make the announcement. As a surprise separate from E3, I can understand, but spending time at an event about upcoming games to talk about something that you can already do?
I seem to remember that such a thing happened at least once when a Direct was involved. It might have been DLC or an eShop game, but they said something like "go ahead and download it now!", which wasn't a bad pitch.

Princess of Love
Reaction score
Pertaining to the online bit.. I honestly think that Pokémon is going to be one of those free to go online games.. I don't remember if i mentioned it here already but if they lock Battling, trading and access to Pokémon Bank and other features like the Global Link then they'll be losing a lot more activity for the Switch games and the main site.
Players that don't want to pay for the service won't be able to complete the Dex assuming there is going to be Different versions and no other way to get those that are unavailable unless they go local which some people keep their Switch as a non hand held console and don't want to bring everywhere. It's not a good plan considering the handheld main series games have always been free to play online once they got the technology and didn't have to rely on link cables for trading and battling. They'll be going a few steps backwards if they set up a pay wall in Pokémon..

Reaction score
Not to be a contrarian, but:

Why not? It doesn't have a title yet and they showcased Breath of the Wild twice.

Possibly because no actual Crash game is on a Nintendo system just yet.

I seem to remember that such a thing happened at least once when a Direct was involved. It might have been DLC or an eShop game, but they said something like "go ahead and download it now!", which wasn't a bad pitch.
We have had crash bandicoot games on the GBA, GCN and the Wii in the past and the switch next month, amiibo is very possible if they really wanted.

i love space
Reaction score
Eh, I just can't see Nintendo not making people pay for the online of one of their most successful franchises, to be fair...

Status
Not open for further replies.