• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that Imaginators was ported before it was decided to port the remake trilogy. And those old Crash games you mentioned are irrelevant now, so an amiibo would have nothing to do with them. The trilogy is the best reason for an amiibo to exist.

Game freak won't let nintendo do this, game freak care about the kids that play pokemon.
making trades&battles part of the online payment will be disaster

Wasnt it said that some games wont require you to pay to use the online service on the Switch? I would think Pokemon would be one of those exceptions due to this. I would think a lot of parents wont enjoy the idea of having to pay so their kids can trade and battle Pokemon online. I dont want to pay for that to be honest.

We waste a lot of time discussing graphics but sometimes we just forgot Pokémon Online is pretty.... dull.
If for someone reason they decide to make us pay at least I hope is something more interesting than just "hey you can trade with your friends now!" oh yeah sounds fantastic

eh, at least Platinum WiFi Plaza was fun.

Wasnt it said that some games wont require you to pay to use the online service on the Switch? I would think Pokemon would be one of those exceptions due to this.

Yeah, Pokémon would probably be one of this.
But they market Mario Kart and Splatoon to kids as well and you're forced to pay either way.

Time will tell, I don't really want to jump into conclusions so early, tho.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it (and ignoring Pokémon Bank), Pokémon Switch games will probably cost ~20€ more as well.

Last edited:
If paid online gives a much needed improvement to Pokemon’s servers for online play I’m all for it tbh

Gens 6-7’s have been sketchy at best. I’ll gladly pay a small price to have Pokemon’s at its best.

The point is that Imaginators was ported before it was decided to port the remake trilogy. And those old Crash games you mentioned are irrelevant now, so an amiibo would have nothing to do with them. The trilogy is the best reason for an amiibo to exist.

I agree fully with you about the trilogy. Main point is what benefit it would have for the game.

Although they got the date right(which was already hinted at btw) and some of the online stuff right the E3 stuff I'm definitely taking with a grain of salt better safe then sorry.

Last edited:
With not very many games coming out for it, the 3DS is dying. Eventually, it will die. GF pulled the plug on 3DS development, and Pokemon fans will migrate towards the Switch. The 3DS is now 7 years old. It's older than the Wii U by a year. It's entering the end of its life cycle.
can you stop tell 3ds dies? how insensitive.... respect your opinion until certain point because you dont decide how ends something

I still call bull on this leak since the only detail it got right was the date (which is a good guess, but not an impossible one).
-The online does not work through Discord or other popular sources, it still uses the app that Splatoon 2 does.
-There's nothing called Nintendo Classics on the site, and even if the service giving out NES games counts, there's no GBA games in it.
-The timeframe of the online service's release has been known for months, and it hasn't been confirmed to be the 24th yet so we can't attribute that to the leak.

Unless more information comes out that proves it further such as the titles, I can't say I believe this at all. It sounds like they made a guess based on the timeframe Nintendo gave out and gave a bunch of random details just in case they got lucky.

I don't believe that leaker either they definitely got a bunch of info wrong about the online and ANYONE can guess a date especially when it was already rumored the 7th anyway so its nothing to me until official stuff gets shown at E3.

Earlier today Seribii Joe posted some stuff on the Resetera Forums and so I thought it'd be good for us to keep it handy here as well:

Joe's Post:
Let's look at reveal to release period for main games since my site has been running. Note: I count reveal at when the game's titles were revealed, not when the existence of a game was known such as in 2010 when we knew a game was coming but didn't have anything beyond that)

Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen - Reveal: September 2003 | First images: September 2003 | Release: January 2004 - Time: 4 months
Pokémon Emerald - Reveal: July 2004 | First images: July 2004 | Release: September 2004 - Time: 2 months
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Reveal: October 2004 | First images: May 2006 | Release: September 2006 - Time: 1 year 11 months
Pokémon Platinum - Reveal: May 2008 | First images: May 2008 | Release: September 2008 - Time:4 months
Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - Reveal: May 2009 | First images: May 2009 | Release: September 2009 - Time:4 months
Pokémon Black & White - Reveal: April 2010 | First images: April 2010 | Release: September 2010 - Time:5 months
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Reveal: February 2012 | First images: April 2012 | Release: June 2012 - Time:4 months
Pokémon X & Y - Reveal: January 2013 | First images: January 2013 | Release - October 2013 - Time:9 months
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Reveal: May 2014 | First images: May 2014 | Release - November 2014 - Time: 6 months
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Reveal: February 2016 | First images: May 2016 | Release: November 2016 - Time: 9 months
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Reveal: June 2017 | First images: June 2017 | Release: November 2017 - Time: 5 months

Take from it what you will

Also this was posted in the same Forum, which might also be good to keep nearby:

Ohmori: nowadays the rate at which people get new information is very fast becauase of the internet. The cycle between getting new information and digesting it has become very short. In such an age, I feel that it's becoming more important to release new information and new games as soon as possible. This is why we have new releases in a short period of time.
Source

Now that even the online service has been officially announced, nothing can stop GF from announcing the games. So it's between tomorrow and E3.

With the online services including cloud services for games, it will be interesting to have a pokemon main series core game with cloud save support at some point which could be handyish lol

Agreed. Else they will get questions about the Switch game rather than USUM, since its an USUM meeting.

Considering how the fandom is acting right now and the hype for the game has been insanely high since June of last year, I don't think anything is gonna stop those fans from asking about the Switch game anyways. I've been seeing just as many Japanese fans pester Masuda about Pokemon Switch on Twitter as I have seen Westerners do the same thing. This is why I don't think it'll be impossible for them to at the very least tease the games before this meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom