• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually didn't say that a length of 40+ hours was out of the question. He just laughed in surprise and said that he didn't know.

But yes, he certainly lied about gyms being a staple around a week before the reveal of trials.

A great name for a kanto remake would be Burning Red and Natures Green or if it goes blue then Waving Blue that would be epic names lol!

I do like a probable kanto sequel imagine the possibilities:

* Both Misty and Brock could still be a gym leader and somehow aged
* Sabrina could left her post and become full time actress at Unova and let the next door gym rule over saffron
* Janine, Erika And Lt. Surge could still be gym leaders.
* Blaine would have definitely retired by now and he could be just a random npc going on vacation along with oak, agatha and mr fuji
* They could also explore sevii islands
* Blue might have left his post since he travels across rhe world with Red
* Bruno and Koga could still be elite four along with Karen and Will
* Lance could go the Steven route
* Johto could also come as a dlc

Many wonderful things could come if it is a sequel but if it just another remake... I think that would be sad. But who knows right :)

Fun fact: Prof. Oak is only 50 in Generation II, as evidenced by Prof. Rowan being 60 and calling Oak 10 years his junior. One would think that Agatha (who was given a fresher face in FRLG), Kurt and Blaine wouldn't be much older. Pryce and Mr. Fuji do look older, though. Then again, Game Freak probably didn't realize that a 50 years old man having a 14 years old grandson (and an older granddaughter) doesn't make much sense, so a retcon might be in order.

Unless there is a big time skip from SM, expect Prof. Oak to look as old as his Alolan cousin.

Its usually 20-30 hours for the main story for me too. Although by the time I've done with everything else, it ends up being around 70.

Actually he probably thinks next games will be remakes of Kanto and not even a reboot.
I can completely understand that view, because when you think about the remakes we've had... they've changed some things up and added new plots, but they were still remakes. At what point does it stop being a remake and start being a "reboot"?

Ok, Merrick is definitely pointing to "no gen 8". He may not know anything but he's pretty confident about next games not being gen 8.

Actually he probably thinks next games will be remakes of Kanto and not even a reboot.

So, he thinks that the next games are pattern-breaking Not-Generation-8 Games while using... a pattern as one of his arguments.

The Main story of Sun/Moon was rushed in the anime, and didn’t they spend somewhere around 3-4 episodes in Akala?
If the writers cut down on the filler, the anime can be wrapped up quite easily.

So, he thinks that the next games are pattern-breaking Not-Generation-8 Games while using... a pattern as one of his arguments.

The Main story of Sun/Moon was rushed in the anime, and didn’t they spend somewhere around 3-4 episodes in Akala?
If the writers cut down on the filler, the anime can be wrapped up quite easily.
Of course it can and Merricks knows it. I'm the first who thinks this anime doesn't need a league arc and that there's nothing that strongly suggests there'll be one. However he speaks like patterns will be respected quite likely and that gen 7 will not be over until next year at best...
I just hope we will not see gen 7 characters again. I seriously cannot stand Cosmog and that stupid bag for the third year in row.

However he speaks like patterns will be respected

No he doesn’t. He uses patterns when they further his arguments (after-league arcs every odd generation in anime) and doesn’t when they don’t (the previous two generations having only 2 releases, the first game on a console being a new generation, and we’ve never revisited a region twice excluding Kanto in GSC).

If Kukui mentioned a league three times, I don't see why it wouldn't be built.

There are 19 episodes left until Black Friday (accounting for the likely breaks - one for the recent two-parter, two for the movie broadcast and a break right before a hypothetical new series). Let's see how many mandatory episodes there are left:

5 wild UB episodes
2 Necrozma episodes
Mina episode
Hapu episode
Tapu Fini episode
Ash's final capture
5 league episodes
5 companion-focused episodes
Graduation/Farewell

That's 22 episodes without any fillers. Even if some of the UBs end up sharing screentime (the summary of the next UB episode only hints at Blacephalon) and/or the league is shorter (I used Unova as a lower bound), there are bound to be fillers as the series thrives on them.

So my impression is that the anime will need at least a month or two past any November release. And if the games aren't released by Black Friday, they may as well be pushed to next year.

If Kukui mentioned a league three times, I don't see why it wouldn't be built.

There are 19 episodes left until Black Friday (accounting for the likely breaks - one for the recent two-parter, two for the movie broadcast and a break right before a hypothetical new series). Let's see how many mandatory episodes there are left:

5 wild UB episodes
2 Necrozma episodes
Mina episode
Hapu episode
Tapu Fini episode
Ash's final capture
5 league episodes
5 companion-focused episodes
Graduation/Farewell

That's 22 episodes without any fillers. Even if some of the UBs end up sharing screentime (the summary of the next UB episode only hints at Blacephalon) and/or the league is shorter (I used Unova as a lower bound), there are bound to be fillers as the series thrives on them.

So my impression is that the anime will need at least a month or two past any November release. And if the games aren't released by Black Friday, they may as well be pushed to next year.

Does that mean that we can expect a 2018 or 2019 for the switch game ?

If we're dealing with Kanto games, then the anime can take its time (although ideally, it shouldn't) before moving on from Alola.

He could win it in 5 episodes for all I know (but I doubt it) if they rush through the early battles like in Kalos. I was just using a reasonable lower bound.

Fun fact: Prof. Oak is only 50 in Generation II, as evidenced by Prof. Rowan being 60 and calling Oak 10 years his junior. One would think that Agatha (who was given a fresher face in FRLG), Kurt and Blaine wouldn't be much older. Pryce and Mr. Fuji do look older, though. Then again, Game Freak probably didn't realize that a 50 years old man having a 14 years old grandson (and an older granddaughter) doesn't make much sense, so a retcon might be in order.

Unless there is a big time skip from SM, expect Prof. Oak to look as old as his Alolan cousin.

I don't really see how somebody in their 50's having a grandkid in their teens is almost impossible, considering that teen pregnancy is a real thing.

I didn't say it was impossible, but it would mean that both Prof. Oak and his son/daughter were less than 18 (depending on Daisy's age) on average when they became parents. It's just a little surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom