• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... i have been called an idiot for taking the anime into account for a game release, but now Joe says it, people believe it, while i already have been saying it from the start, even before Joe did.

BTW: They mentioned the league again today, which means its now mentioned 4 times.
No, no, the anime means nothing. Joe is the first person to say that in that post replying to people who say that next games will be gen 8 because the anime is speeding up. They can easly end it by November and Joe knows it. The fact that he says that it won't and that there's a possibility for a league arc may mean that he knows that next games won't be gen 8.

The fact that he says that it won't and that there's a possibility for a league arc may mean that he knows that next games won't be gen 8.

Didn’t he think the Alolan starter evolutions starters were fake?
And I think someone also mentioned that he thought the 2017 June direct would reveal Kanto Remakes.

I think it’s his educated guess in which he's extremely confident because of various factors, including the leakers/riddlers predicting Kanto games.

And I think someone also mentioned that he thought the 2017 June direct would reveal Kanto Remakes.

I think it’s his educated guess in which he's extremely confident because of various factors, including the leakers/riddlers predicting Kanto games.
Possible. Anyway, if the games will be released in December, there's time for other 30 episodes. 3 more episodes to end ula ula, 6 episodes for the remaining UBs, 6 for the league, let's say 5 for the necrozma arc, 10 left for Pony island.

Well besides Kukui confirming the league in the whole class (which also confirmed Kiawe as a potential challenger), they also spoke of Ultra Necrozma with a fair amount of detail. And with the third grand trial over in a couple of weeks, followed by Blacephalon, and now a major foreshadowing of Ultra Necrozma, the anime is going to pick up some serious pace.

TBH, every leak is fake until confirmed, so Joe wasn't wrong on that one.

If Kukui mentioned a league three times, I don't see why it wouldn't be built.

There are 19 episodes left until Black Friday (accounting for the likely breaks - one for the recent two-parter, two for the movie broadcast and a break right before a hypothetical new series). Let's see how many mandatory episodes there are left:

5 wild UB episodes
2 Necrozma episodes
Mina episode
Hapu episode
Tapu Fini episode
Ash's final capture
5 league episodes
5 companion-focused episodes
Graduation/Farewell

That's 22 episodes without any fillers. Even if some of the UBs end up sharing screentime (the summary of the next UB episode only hints at Blacephalon) and/or the league is shorter (I used Unova as a lower bound), there are bound to be fillers as the series thrives on them.

So my impression is that the anime will need at least a month or two past any November release. And if the games aren't released by Black Friday, they may as well be pushed to next year.
hope so dude... i cant stand this animations its abomination for me

I'll put this into perspective. Not only could they wrap this up within 4 months time, give or take, but now we know that the trials are meaningless. It's only the Grand Trials that matter. They can do them right away. So all we need is Hapu after this. Did I compensate for that in my 4 months? It'd be a tight squeeze, but it's possible. There are 6 months before the legend promotion ends, which is the very last thing we know to currently be associated to USUM. They could have at least a few fillers within that time, with also plenty of time to do Necrozma. As for can they extend the the arc for a whole other year? They've had eternities of filler between the 7th and 8th gyms before, and I will count that as the equivalent of where the anime will be by June. Functionally, this makes little sense to me. You're going to break a vacation for something else and then go back to it? You would had to have lost your mind, but with this anime, I wouldn't be surprised. I don't really see them extending this any further than it has to, though.

Last edited:
Necrozma's been foreshadowed?

Joker901 said:
Anyway, if the games will be released in December, there's time for other 30 episodes.
23, excluding the known episodes.

3 more episodes to end ula ula, 6 episodes for the remaining UBs, 6 for the league, let's say 5 for the necrozma arc, 10 left for Pony island.
Ula'Ula is done and Poni Island doesn't need 10 episodes, so you can reduce your count to about 20. But then you need to add the obligatory fillers (almost all in Melemele) and focus episode for each companion. So even December would be problematic, and I don't see why the games would be released then, anyway. If they're going to miss November (which I'm not saying they will as the anime is only a decent indicator when a new region is involved), they probably need more than just a month's worth of extra work.

If we get a new gen now or later i really want a dickhead as a rival again like in gen 1 and 2. So sick of these all too friendly rivals in the last two gens, you don‘t even feel a rivalry when battling them, so it would be cool to have mockers like blue and silver again who fire you up. And the battles with rival should be a bit more challenging again, it‘s just way more fun that way.

If we get a new gen now or later i really want a dickhead as a rival again like in gen 1 and 2. So sick of these all too friendly rivals in the last two gens, you don‘t even feel a rivalry when battling them, so it would be cool to have mockers like blue and silver again who fire you up. And the battles with rival should be a bit more challenging again, it‘s just way more fun that way.

I liked Blue since he was smug, and could back it up as he was always one step in front of you. But I find Silver to be horribly overrated. He comes across as being a sore loser, always blaming everyone and everything but himself for sucking. Personally, some of my favorite rivals have been a mixture of being friendly and competitive, like Hugh, Cheren and even Barry (minus the hyperactiveness), so I would like a rival like that.

Since Ultra Necrozma was already teased, it's safe to say that the finale will come in about 4-5 months.

So sick of these all too friendly rivals in the last two gens
150px-Sun_Moon_Gladion.png

The episode has also confirmed that Ash and Kiawe will participate in the league. We can probably add Gladion and Ilima to that list, so that's as many rivals as Ash had in Kalos (he only battled two).

Even if the anime will not end this year and the first switch titles will be a remake, I can't see the anime going on for other 18 months (if gen 8 games will be released next year in November which is high unlikely).
I mean, what will they focus on for the other 45 episodes next year after Poni, Hapu and Tapu Fini, the UBs, Necrozma and the league are done? There's nothing else on Poni...45 episodes of Battle tree?

The episode has also confirmed that Ash and Kiawe will participate in the league. We can probably add Gladion and Ilima to that list, so that's as many rivals as Ash had in Kalos (he only battled two).

Does that mean there is still a chance? ;-;
upload_2018-5-11_0-36-5.png

(If Guzma appears (And should seeming no Golisopod so far), I could see him participating tbh)

Even if the anime will not end this year and the first switch titles will be a remake, I can't see the anime going on for other 18 months (if gen 8 games will be released next year in November which is high unlikely).
I mean, what will they focus on for the other 45 episodes next year after Poni, Hapu and Tapu Fini, the UBs, Necrozma and the league are done? There's nothing else on Poni...45 episodes of Battle tree?
Yeah the last challenge for ash will be 50 consecutive battles at battle tree, one battle per episode xD
I agree to your point, also thought of that, but others will argue that they could put in many fillers and expand stories on legendaries.

Yeah the last challenge for ash will be 50 consecutive battles at battle tree, one battle per episode xD
I agree to your point, also thought of that, but others will argue that they could put in many filmers and expand stories on legendaries.
But assuming that gen 8 will be released next year in November. If they are not even sure they can finish the first (remakes) games this year how exactly will they release a new gen in less than a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom