• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kanto set 100 years in the future would sound cool, like others have said that could give us a likely chance of seeing brand-new Pokemon being introduced into the region.

As far as apocalyptic scenarios go, I'm kinda iffy. I do see a scenario where RR Giovanni has control of Kanto and maybe Johto, and you gotta overthrow the SOB.

At the end of USUM

Does Giovanni ever go back to his time period ? From my perspective it’s as he’s still in alola, fairly sure he’s in the battle tree. If so that means the kanto he conquered is still conquered. Maybe the kanto that is in the apocalyptic state is the one you visit ?

At the end of USUM

Does Giovanni ever go back to his time period ? From my perspective it’s as he’s still in alola, fairly sure he’s in the battle tree. If so that means the kanto he conquered is still conquered. Maybe the kanto that is in the apocalyptic state is the one you visit ?
He teleported away. Have no idea where he went

We’ve had a post apocalyptic city in USUM via the events in the guzzlord ultra space, they could easily extend that to a small region if they really wanted. Given how small kanto is, it’s not entirely improbable. I personally think Piuk is talking shit mind you at this point.

Will be interesting to hear how this goes lol

Oh, I doubt the validity of it, for sure. Just saying, it would be kind of cool, and not really something that'd be so strange. We've had sunken/broken paths before. It'd be cool to see a Kanto that wasn't really Kanto. And it would definitely match the "reboot, but not a reboot" feeling in the air.

@Bullet Club Master

Not quite. Piuk's latest picture shows a sunken Pallet Town beneath an island that is most likely supposed to be the fabled Meania (judging from the snake), and he mentioned hundreds of years having passed. So I wouldn't say that he is implying a return to Kanto as a whole.

Don't believe his lies.

@Bullet Club Master

Not quite. Piuk's latest picture shows a sunken Pallet Town beneath an island that is most likely supposed to be the fabled Meania (judging from the snake), and he mentioned hundreds of years having passed. So I wouldn't say that he is implying a return to Kanto as a whole.

Don't believe his lies.
So he meant that the Switch game takes place hundreds of years after the original games, with the player being able to visit Pallet Town, which is now underwater. Glad I got the memo.

upload_2018-5-11_0-24-52.png

*smirk*

Ok so there is absolutely no way they'd go 100 years into the future killing off every npc we've known and loved up to this point, since they like to keep brining them back as fans ervice (red and blue, bw2 PWT battle tree, every cameo ever) and no way they'd do it as an excuse to ax some pokemon, 100 years later or not we're able to revive pokemon that died thousands of years ago so try again gamefreak

Ok so there is absolutely no way they'd go 100 years into the future killing off every npc we've known and loved up to this point, since they like to keep brining them back as fans ervice (red and blue, bw2 PWT battle tree, every cameo ever) and no way they'd do it as an excuse to ax some pokemon, 100 years later or not we're able to revive pokemon that died thousands of years ago so try again gamefreak
Yeah. It's completely ridiculous. And, this will screw over the anime too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom